February 2018 Moms

OU Thursday 6.29

2»

Re: OU Thursday 6.29

• meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited June 2017
    @sabriel1 I can't remember any of the other boards that picked up after. I will admit I do miss those days too. But I think they are long gone. I do know there was an attempt to start another website. But from my understanding, that was a fail. I used to post a lot on the knot way back when. That place could eat you alive in the etiquette threads alone. 

ETA: I do think it's dumb that practically anything that isn't rainbow sunshine is flagged for a TOU violation. The bump really knows how to keep us in line these days.......
  • @sabriel1 I can't remember any of the other boards that picked up after. I will admit I do miss those days too. But I think they are long gone. I do know there was an attempt to start another website. But from my understanding, that was a fail. I used to post a lot on the knot way back when. That place could eat you alive in the etiquette threads alone. 
    Hehehe, love me some etiquette threads, probably why I frequented the baby shower board.

I tried going to the other board but found the format made it really difficult too keep up. Meh, I guess I'm stuck being 90 years old reminiscing about the good ol days

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited June 2017
    I love me some snark of the GBCN variety and other forums known for their gif and snark game. But I don't care for problematic folks and their next-level fuckery and asshattery veiled as "just being snarky." Nah. You're just being a dick and crying "Y'all are just sensitive bitches, and too PC for us cool folks."

I liked my old board okay. Of course there were cliques and spin-off groups when the group divided. I've met some good people, and the same for every other due date board I've been on. I just like some people better than others, and generally like most people in small doses. 

I've done the bed sharing thing since my first was born, and I enjoy it. A lot. As a matter of fact, my middle schooler and my 2.5 year old slept with me a couple weeks ago while H stayed overnight at the hospital with dd2 a few nights. It was great. Dd3's reaction to seeing dd1 in papa's spot was priceless and adorable. <3
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @soulcupcake hope DD#2 is alright

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

edited June 2017
    @soulcupcake your screen name makes me want a cupcake. 

I like my old boards as well. Which is probably why I am back again. But I try not to compare them. Because in some way I will be disappointed that they are not the same. 

@sabriel1 I remember one chick on etiquette who had an "A" and "B" invite list for her wedding and the board went bonkers. Good times. 

And I'm sad because I feel like I'm the only one who shared a UO :( 

ETA: why does the bump add a duplicate word to some of my sentences? Anyone else? 

• And I think as the board grows, and we get to know one another. The drive by posts will be easy to identify. I just really don't want to miss the important ones like losses, or births because there are 8 posts on "7 weeks pregnant"." 
    Agree...I actually clicked that board thinking someone was going through a loss....only to find a dear diary. Annoying.
  • @sabriel1 no one is saying anyone has to leave. I just don't understand the constant whining about it being too organized. I think we can all agree that active posters starting new threads that are more than a dear diary are welcomed. But the drive by ones are annoying. 

People need to let go of the old bump. It's gone. Time to move on. But that doesn't mean this board can't be shaped into some place great. I just don't understand jumping all over people who like organization. Type A person right here. Sue me. 
    @meatball37

I get that veteran members miss the old ways of TB. I just never ventured into due date boards for that kind of environment, and TB was the first to really push the "We're the snarky preg boards!" vibe when I first joined. I tend to stick to debate boards and other groups if I want real snark and no-holds-barred discussions, but I can understand if TB is one's main board or source of interaction, they'd miss it if that's what they're accustomed to. I actually thought it was a ghost town after the mass exodus in early 2015 and didn't think it would attract the same traffic that it used to.

The board organization rules are...interesting. I don't care for clutter and nonsense posts, but most of this gets weeded out once people decide if the TB's culture/vibe is for them. If it's not, they leave, and if it is, they learn and adapt.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @sabriel1 no one is saying anyone has to leave. I just don't understand the constant whining about it being too organized. I think we can all agree that active posters starting new threads that are more than a dear diary are welcomed. But the drive by ones are annoying. 

People need to let go of the old bump. It's gone. Time to move on. But that doesn't mean this board can't be shaped into some place great. I just don't understand jumping all over people who like organization. Type A person right here. Sue me. 
    @meatball37

I get that veteran members miss the old ways of TB. I just never ventured into due date boards for that kind of environment, and TB was the first to really push the "We're the snarky preg boards!" vibe when I first joined. I tend to stick to debate boards and other groups if I want real snark and no-holds-barred discussions, but I can understand if TB is one's main board or source of interaction, they'd miss it if that's what they're accustomed to. I actually thought it was a ghost town after the mass exodus in early 2015 and didn't think it would attract the same traffic that it used to.

The board organization rules are...interesting. I don't care for clutter and nonsense posts, but most of this gets weeded out once people decide if the TB's culture/vibe is for them. If it's not, they leave, and if it is, they learn and adapt.
    Couldn't agree more. Some of the organization stuff is a little over the top, not sure when the assigned posts started. 
  • Uo.... I'm sick of people asking me if "I'm done"... "are u gonna try for a girl".... "don't you know what causes that"
    Why.... yes I do. And my husband and I support all 5 of our children and we both work full time. Shit will hit the fan I bet when we announce this pregnancy....

• ashhsaashhsa member
    I was on the January 16 BMB and there was definitely a lot of snark.  I was more of a lurker on that board BC it was my first, and to be quite honest, I was a bit scared.  I'm excited to be a part of this BMB, especially threads like this, being a mom has totally heightened my threshold for sarcasm and drama.  I could really use a great laugh at the end of the day...so thanks ladies!
    I was also on Jan 16, and there is another mama here too, I can't think of her screen name off the top of my head! Our board was so snarky but from memory - feb 16 was wild!!! Lmao! 

I dont mind mind a little snark, and I find the organisation. Difficult- I do feel hesitant to ask things because I'm thinking- is this supposed to be in a thread?  But I know you will all let me know if I mess up and I won't be upset by any of it. I'm hoping this time around I might be able to answer some questions too instead of always asking them! Ha! 
  • ashhsa said:
    I was on the January 16 BMB and there was definitely a lot of snark.  I was more of a lurker on that board BC it was my first, and to be quite honest, I was a bit scared.  I'm excited to be a part of this BMB, especially threads like this, being a mom has totally heightened my threshold for sarcasm and drama.  I could really use a great laugh at the end of the day...so thanks ladies!
    I was also on Jan 16, and there is another mama here too, I can't think of her screen name off the top of my head! Our board was so snarky but from memory - feb 16 was wild!!! Lmao! 

I dont mind mind a little snark, and I find the organisation. Difficult- I do feel hesitant to ask things because I'm thinking- is this supposed to be in a thread?  But I know you will all let me know if I mess up and I won't be upset by any of it. I'm hoping this time around I might be able to answer some questions too instead of always asking them! Ha! 
    Me! There was definitely snark in J16 but it was usually in response to drive-by u/s posts like "boy or girl, what do you think?!" lol, people asking repetitive questions and getting pissy when directed to a thread that answered that question, etc. Two years later and some of those ladies are some of my best friends! I see 4-5 of them on a regular basis. 

I personally think the organization does maintain some order to the board and prevents important posts from getting buried. I just hope everyone feels comfortable participating! 
  • I miss some of the snark, but I remember it getting way out of hand in 2014.  I was more of a lurker then, partly because I joined my BMB late and was afraid to post.  On the other hand, I loved reading the threads back then because there was so much drama.

I'm sad I missed a lot of the drama on here recently.  I mainly stick to this board, otherwise I'd never get anything done at work.  Can we have a Drama Alert thread so we know where to go to be entertained?  Is that a thing?

My (completely random) UO is that I hate New Year's Eve.  There's so much pressure to go do something and stay up until midnight when all I really want to do is put on pajamas and go to bed at 9:30.  Back in my "going out" days, I remember always being disappointed on New Years.  And usually unbelievably hungover.  (I also hate St. Patrick's Day because bad beer and bad food.)
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • @awb1216 I totally agree about NYE. I don't think I've actually stayed up until midnight for the past 5 years. I'm just like, meh, who cares. It's just another day.
  • @awb1216 Other BMBs have tried drama alert threads but those get shut down real quick by the BGs. We'll just have to subtly alert folks through other threads :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Yeeeeessss on NYE!  So over it.

@meatball37

Couldn't agree more. Some of the organization stuff is a little over the top, not sure when the assigned posts started. 
    YES. That wasn't a thing in July16. Honestly, made me really sideeye the OP. Hard getting over that first impression. 

@meatball37

YES. That wasn't a thing in July16. Honestly, made me really sideeye the OP. Hard getting over that first impression. 
    In fairness to the OP I think that she just borrowed the format from a previous month, I don't think it was her big idea

• Ok what does OP mean?!
  • Chawk17 said:
    Ok what does OP mean?!
    Original Poster.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Oh! Thanks :)
  • My UO - I desperately want new threads for symptoms or other problems needing a solution or Heop. 

The symptom threads are a nice vent, but I don't see remedies for evey single symptom someone is listing. 

At least with a dedicated "morning sickness" or "aversion" thread, you get clear ideas right away without scrolling through a ton of posts, only to find little or no relief for som symptoms. 

Dedicated threads saved me with my first. People are so creative and I got the best tips ever from my S15 board and really felt so close to the board. 
  • Is anyone watching The Ranch on Netflix?
    I have been binge watching this and am in LOVE with it.

Also broken hearted downward dog was cancelled.  
  • clc515clc515 member
    Chawk17 said:
    Is anyone watching The Ranch on Netflix?
    I have been binge watching this and am in LOVE with it.

Also broken hearted downward dog was cancelled.  
     Just started watching downward dog and I think its cute! Shame they cancelled :-( the main girl wasnt my fav but loved the dog!
  • I've been wanting to check out Downward Dog...It looked like it could be a cult hit and I'm surprised it's cancelled already! 

Also, I'm going to check out The Ranch. 

Might even start a TV show post. I loved those random posts where everyone could just chit chat. 
  • @awb1216 Other BMBs have tried drama alert threads but those get shut down real quick by the BGs. We'll just have to subtly alert folks through other threads :)

**lurking from F17** ( by the way, congrats on all your pregnancies. It's fun peeking in here and thinking back on my last year, while imagining how your next year will go.  :) )

Anyway, private groups tend to work out better to discuss drama threads without getting shut down  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Whoever above posted that the organization post wasn't OP's (me) idea you're correct. Sorry if it made such a stir with so many of you, I'm a ftm kinda (I've got a loss under my belt) and all 4 of the Birth Month groups I found myself in (based on change in due dates) had that setup so I figured it was par for the course.
    edited July 2017
    Whoever above posted that the organization post wasn't OP's (me) idea you're correct. Sorry if it made such a stir with so many of you, I'm a ftm kinda (I've got a loss under my belt) and all 4 of the Birth Month groups I found myself in (based on change in due dates) had that setup so I figured it was par for the course.
    Thanks for starting he board out :) And I am so sorry for your losses.