August 2017 Moms

UO 6/29

NxyNxy member
edited June 2017 in August 2017 Moms
Unpopular opinion day again. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 6/29

• I hate barbies...I blame my mom who never let us have them because of all the political correct reasons you aren't supposed to like barbie. But, honestly, I just hate this plastic doll that does nothing but let you dress and undress her and brush her ridiculous hair. There. I said it. I hate barbie. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had never seen this before yesterday, but I have to say, never let your kids ride those motorized car things (FTM, I dont know what they are called) in public places, especially near a road.  I was out yesterday and just about had a heart attack, there were two little kids riding on this motorized car and they almost drove right into the road.  This was a busy place, kinda like an outdoor mall, but there are roads, and cars!  Ill probably be the over protective mom who makes her kids wear helmets when/if they have one of those! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I've never had any desire to watch or read Harry Potter. Had a roommate in college that was a rabid fan and it put a bad taste in my mouth.  All week it's been Harry Potter all over Facebook because it's the anniversary or something. I don't care!
  • @DeansGirl14 I feel the same way about a lot of franchises, Pirates of the Caribbean I refuse to watch, I only recently watched Fast and Furious movies because people were so obsessed. I feel like I get disappointed so I just don't watch.  I read twilight for it's mindlessness right after graduating college, but I really am not a big fan of magic/supernatural type stuff for the most part. 
  • Sometimes when you read a trilogy that becomes really popular (ahem, Divergent series) you can tell the author didn't have a full plan when the last book falls apart or leaves holes.
    +1 for everything @DeansGirl14 said about Harry Potter.

and a million times yes to the WTF happened to the Divergent series as it went on. Talk about a flash in the pan followed by a crash and burn.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    I hate all these trendy, specialty drinks Starbucks is putting out (unicorn frapp, pink drink, etc). most of them are filled with way too much sugar and all of them take an ungodly amount of time to make. 
  • edited June 2017
    @tova24 but the pink drink is so good and refreshing! It's just their iced strawberry acai refresher made with coconut milk instead of water. A grande only has 24g sugar which isn't that bad IMO. I can't get enough of it. 
  • Oh. Starbucks. Ok, my UO is that I hate mobile ordering (at least for SB, maybe in general). I don't often buy stuff from there but I have twice lately because of their midnight mocha frapp (try it!!). Both times there's been a crowd of 15 or so people standing around waiting for orders while the baristas call out, "Joe, mobile order? Jane, mobile order?... John, mobile order?" ... none of these mobile order people are there on time to pick up their drinks but their stuff takes precedence over all of us that ordered at the register. BOOOOO. Gimme my damn frapp, I'm pregnant and it's hot. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 I completely agree with that!!! I made friends with my barestas and when they see me walk through the door they start making my drink. 
  • I feel like somebody has posted this before, but I just saw an article about it on FB. Dying little kids hair! That irks me so much. I can appreciate using whatever dyes that have "less chemicals" and don't last long, but knowing what coloring has done to my hair I could never do it to my tiny tot. The spray in wash out stuff for a special event or Halloween or something is fine, I'm talking hair dye. I may end up biting my tongue some day when my kid wants either a belly button piercing or pink hair but yikes. 
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @DeansGirl14 Last fall I had a business trip to Orlando and I reread the whole series anticipating a visit to Universal. I didn't fully remember the series (since I read when they first came out) but I completely fell in love again. It's truly amazing! 
  • @cnmiller88 I agree! I follow a stylist on Instagram since she did my deva cut and she has wild hair colors which is fine, but she does it to her little girls. It makes me cringe. I feel like that's something special for when you're older and if you dye their hair at 4, what are you allowing at 16?
  • tova24tova24 member
    @lewliv I'm currently rereading the series now! So good!
  • Maybe my other UO is that I LOVE mobile ordering, especially at Starbucks! The one that is close to me gets so crowded, and I just always mobile order now, and never have to wait in line.  It makes it so easy for me to order when I leave for work, I place my order, and when I get there, its ready and I just leave.  I should also mention that there are zero drive through Starbucks around me! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @littlebug2010 I don't think I'll ever buy anything at Starbucks without mobile ordering... It baffles me every  time I walk in and see people waiting in line...
  • @SouthernMama15 DS1 has read more Harry Potter than I have and it was only a couple of chapters because he didn't like it.  DH is an avid reader and I think he has only read a few of the books because he didn't care for them.  I just don't really have a desire to read them.  

My UO is that I don't really like makeup.  I'll occasionally wear it if I'm going out or have some type of event, but I'm not really into makeup at all.  It's a combination of knowledge/experience, being super low maintenance and being lazy.  I'd rather spend more time sleeping or doing something else than taking the time to put on makeup every day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @lewliv I have actually walked into the store, seen the length of the line, mobile ordered and gotten my order before people who would have been in front of me! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @lewliv I have actually walked into the store, seen the length of the line, mobile ordered and gotten my order before people who would have been in front of me! 
    See, that's what ticks me off.  I'm not a regular at SB and my desire to order anything is only ever due to a random craving. I think they should take orders in the order they were received regardless of how the order was placed- it would still save people time from waiting in line at the register (like, I could place my order when I get off the train and it would be ready by the time I walked in) but to actually prioritize orders is crappy, in my opinion, and leaves one with my aforementioned situation of 15 people waiting for drinks, another 15 drinks just sitting their unclaimed, and nobody actually getting served.  
    And yeah, you could say, just set up the mobile app- but I'm reluctant with storing my credit card information anywhere in case my phone gets lost/stolen or, like happened to Dunkins, their system gets hacked. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There are so many small drive thru coffee shops near me, I have no reason to go to Starbucks. Except the bikini barista places--those are disgusting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 oh how I feel for you already to not have a drivethrough for any Starbucks. I don't think I've stepped foot in one since DD was born. Too much work to get her back out, carry a drink and her, and back in the car again. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My UO....I don't like Starbucks, haha.  I find it overpriced and definitely prefer Dunkin Donuts (and Tim Hortons above everything).  If I have a gift card to SB, I'll splurge on the frappachino's, but I never go there on my own.  Totally personal preference.  I've got both within a half mile of my house, so DD wins every time for me. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Starbucks never gives me a "caffeine rush" but Dunkin Donuts, Caribou Coffee, and local ones all do. I'll be wired from any except Starbucks. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump living in the city there arent any drive through places.  There also arent a lot of parking lots (which is annoying), so shopping/eating, is a pain.  Big stores like target either have tiny parking garages under them, or they are outside the city a ways.  The closest drive through starbucks to me is a 45 minute drive! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • I'm with @lewliv The last time I was at Starbucks the line was disgustingly long. So I whipped out my app in line and ordered my drink. It was finished before I even got to the register. I think I got a few nasty looks from some people that were in front of me. It's not my fault that I'm resourceful! :D 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @BlackNYellow I agree!  They have the app for a reason, and I feel like if its available, then use it.  

Also @DeansGirl14 you dont have to connect your credit card to it.  You can buy gift cards in store, and attach them to the app.  That way the only thing connected to your app is the gift card.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • tova24tova24 member
    @kristenk727 I love Tim Hortons!!! We don't have them here, but when I visit my grandparents in Michigan I always have to go there!!!
  • I really like my maternity clothes and am going to miss them once I'm back in my prepregnancy clothes.
    Although I dislike maternity clothes, I hate the next stage more. The stage where maternity clothes is too large but none of your pre-pregnancy clothes fit either. I had to buy "transitional" pieces. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• **snipped**

Also @DeansGirl14 you dont have to connect your credit card to it.  You can buy gift cards in store, and attach them to the app.  That way the only thing connected to your app is the gift card.  
    I remember reading that Starbucks cards/app had more money on them than people have in the bank. So I dug up the article https://www.marketwatch.com/story/starbucks-has-more-customer-money-on-cards-than-many-banks-have-in-deposits-2016-06-09

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Another UO (or maybe FFFC) of mine is I check my Inbox on here multiple times a day. Both when on mobile and my rare desktop time. And no, I don't get lots of PMs, it's just habit and I'd hate to miss a message. I'm guessing most people don't even glance at theirs. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• NxyNxy member
    bumpybump said:
    Another UO (or maybe FFFC) of mine is I check my Inbox on here multiple times a day. Both when on mobile and my rare desktop time. And no, I don't get lots of PMs, it's just habit and I'd hate to miss a message. I'm guessing most people don't even glance at theirs. 
    My inbox doesn't work on the app I have to bring it up on chrome and "view desktop version". If I try and view it on the app it glitches out to an overview page.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aehogan90 alerts on TB are bad in general. If I happen to be tagged or sent a message while I'm logged in, a notification will pop up. But it's not consistent at all. But not "actively on," no way to know on mobile. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    @aehogan90 alerts on TB are bad in general. If I happen to be tagged or sent a message while I'm logged in, a notification will pop up. But it's not consistent at all. But not "actively on," no way to know on mobile. 
    That's the only way I see it too without just checking. So annoying. Get your junk together Bump. It's 2017.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Being in a new area and not knowing anyone walking through Target just a bit ago with a Starbucks made my whole week lol It's not my favorite, but it makes due. Dunkin Donuts doesn't seem as readily available here oddly enough. 
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @DeansGirl14 Technically Starbucks is taking the orders as they're received. If I walk in and there are 3 people in line and I place a mobile order, my mobile order is being received by the baristas before person 2 and 3 in line have a chance to place their orders...

@kristenk727 The only reason I do go to Starbucks is because is fast and easy... I do agree their coffee is mediocre.  On weekends I only go to local coffee shops.