November 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 6/29

*if you're posting an unpopular opinion and know it's offensive... think twice before posting*
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: UO Thursday 6/29

• Totally agree @NYTino24
    That factored into my decision not to join FB yet
  • Loading the player...
  • @mariposa_767s What I like about FB is the threaded replies and real faces! TB "owns" all of our content and pictures that we post here, so I'm more cautious. However, TB is better than FB for keeping large numbers of people and information organized and less personal since it could get crazy. DH has decided he doesn't want pics of little one online, so I'm conflicted about FB. It's obviously to bond more deeply, but another part of the point of a BMB FB page is to show off our little ones more easily and freely once they're here!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I'm not a yogurt fan either.  I keep trying and I just do not love it.  

• @NYTino24 the only thing that worries me about putting things online is that someone could take that photo and do what they want with it even if it is someone you trust.  I didn't think of that until my SIL posted my US photo on instagram.  It makes me not want to post anything either but I agree with lots of family it is nice to have a place  to just post photos once so everyone sees them. I am sure I will post some photos but we will see.  
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge I don't think anyone is against the FB group, especially since it's made of core members. Some of us just want to wait a little longer.  ;)

• @NYTino24 totally valid! My comment was more for those who may be lurking hehe

• @slaven Ugh, no. Needy acquaintances are the worst. 

I eat watermelons and cantelope with salt on them and I didn't know that was weird until college. 
  • I agree with @BayCamp about googling. It can be terrifying to read the extreme info out there but I also feel like it gives me talking points and questions to ask my doc that  I may not have thought of otherwise.
  • Some of the googling I do is definitely unnecessary, but some of the other googling I do, while difficult or sad to read, really helps me learn. Reading some sad stuff helped me to differentiate benign pains vs when I should be worried.

• I agree with @KLink15 that there is such a thing as too much knowledge. i Google way too much and it really plays into my anxiety. I think the internet is often really alarmist about pregnancy and will say that something is dangerous or not recommended, when in reality, my doctor would probably say it is fine.  I have even read to avoid tap water, for goodness sake!  I often wish I could be one of those women who just does everything pretty much the same as before pregnancy other than the major things the doctor warns you about. But here I am second-guessing every single choice I make, from food to beauty products to workouts. It's exhausting and I'm sure most of it is completely unnecessary--but I can't stop worrying, and Google is so easy. 

As as far as FB--I am a very private person and don't share much on TB. No photos and no personal information. I like the FB group and feel that it's a safe place to share a little more.  There is no pressure to share or post pics, though, and it would definitely be respected by the group if someone didn't want to. To me it's a lot more private than TB--whatever I post isn't out there forever for anyone to read. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    I love tit like crazy, but comment a LOT less. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say that is of any value and I certainly hope people don't think I'm creepy for that. If so, I'm sincerely sorry. Also, I only use TB from mobile so I don't always get notifications and don't always respond to comments back... it's unintentional, I swear.

My UO is that I hate milk. And if I do ever drink it, it has to be skim milk. And I have to be drinking out of a glass cup. And I won't ever drink more than a sip or two - pretty much only with rich chocolatey brownies or something. Milk is so gross. 
  • I guess I figured the "stay off Google" thing was always a joke.  I Google a lot of stuff, but I also understand that it's Google.  I don't typically Google major things or symptoms and I always keep an open mind.  When it comes to health or symptom questions, I normally balance the information that's out there.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ElizabethSchuyler exactly, it's not that it's too much knowledge, it's too much Google. Which isn't always scientifically based or accurate and is often just someone's opinion who isn't even a doctor.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited June 2017
    DH and I also want to avoid posting pics on social media. It'll be a challenge, since DH's family live on the other side of the world. @NYTino24 What we're planning on doing is setting up a private photo sharing website. That way, we can post pics and send them to family, but it'll be password protected and not shareable. Would your DH go for something like that?

Regarding FB, I don't judge anyone for joining now or not being comfortable until later. Everyone needs to do what works for them. I do worry a little bit that the FB group will get clique-ish by the time I'm ready to join, or that this board will die off slowly. But I totally get wanting to talk to regs and avoid randos. I tend to just skip over posts or threads if I don't remotely recognize a user name or avatar. And I usually only love tit the regs I recognize. I also don't get the excuse of being too busy to participate. You don't have to respond to or love tit every post. Just reply when you feel like you have something to add or support to offer. If you have time to post about yourself, you have time to be at least minimally supportive of others.

Googling - this is a "know thyself" issue for me. I strongly feel that knowledge is power, so I get the urge to Google a lot. I've also learned my lesson in the past that Dr. Google will diagnose me with life threatening and terminal illnesses for the most normal of symptoms. So, it's a balancing act for my anxiety. I try to only go to reputable websites (Mayo Clinic, American Pregnancy, etc.) and search there. I avoid general google searches and forum threads as much as possible. But for someone who doesn't get anxious through googling? Go for it. 
  • I guess I should have clarified I meant was that is can cause anxiety for some and I have even seen some people second guess their doc because Google told them something different. You should absolutely know things because not knowing important things can be dangerous BUT Google had shown me some SUPER rare birth defects and stories that are one in a million that lead me down that road of, " oh my God I can't do this I can't handle it!!!"