November 2017 Moms

placenta previa

After Anatomy scan at 20 weeks & 6 days, Doc told me I have placenta previa and might move up by itself and will check in 4 week on sonogram. He told me to have pelvic rest( no rest) and he wasnt too concerned but I am abit shocked and stress over it and worried i might need bed rest etc do you girls have had any experience with previa!! On a bright side baby boy is healthy

Re: placenta previa

• So glad to hear bub is healthy. 
    No personal experience here but a friend of mine had it with her second . It didn't actually cover the cervix and when it was time it had moved enough that she was able to naturally birt. I know she did have some earlier issues with it. So Hoping it shifts up and out of the way for you as baby grows and tour uterus stretches
    Try not to stress (I know it's super hard) and wait and see what the next scan reveals . 
    Best of luck x
  • jka427jka427 member
    Mine is only partial previa right now and they are fairly sure it will be out of the way later on. It is another thing to worry about though, since I'd really like a VBAC this time! 
  • Loading the player...
  • tsa208tsa208 member
    edited June 2017
    I showed partial placenta previa and my doctor said it would likely move as my uterus moved up. It did and I show no more previa. Definitely stick to the pelvic rest though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just saw the high risk doctor and we're told I have complete previa with no chance of movement. I've been put on modified bedrest. I'm sorry momma! I know it sounds scary. 
  • I also have placenta previa but my high risk doctor is watching me closely and she seems to be fairly certain it will shift on its own as it's still pretty early. I do have myself terrified because of course I had to Google it when they 1st told me about it.
  • edited July 2017
    Thank you ❤️all!!! I thought I was the only one, so far no bleeding and counting down days toward the safe zone
  • @tsa208 When did it move up? You give me hope! counting down to 24 week scan
  • jka427jka427 member
    Well I was told today I have to be on pelvic rest until the placenta moves up at least 2cm. DH will be thrilled lol
  • @jka427 Is it still partial, at least we still have a few months..and we r not bleeding these pelvic rest moments or not being able to exercise more is pretty awful , 
  • I had it with my first. By the time I had the next scan, around 28 weeks I think, it had moved up. Most do, so try not to stress too much. :-)
  • jka427jka427 member
    @jka427 Is it still partial, at least we still have a few months..and we r not bleeding these pelvic rest moments or not being able to exercise more is pretty awful , 
    Yeah still partial. You're right it could be worse for sure!!

@SeekingSmall thanks! I am hoping that's the case for me. My first baby came early and was in the NICU and I'm just really hoping for "normal" this time...though I'll be happy if everyone is healthy no matter what. 
  • edited July 2017
    I had AS yesterday and it has moved 1.59 cm and ob told me i still have .5cm left to move to be in safe zone and confident that it will move by 28 week scan, he is more concerned more about my weight gain :-) still on pelvis rest for now till it has moved 2cm
  • jka427jka427 member
    Fingers crossed!! I go back on the 21st. Hoping Mine had moved too :)
  • @amber0529
    That's good news hopefully it keeps moving for you and gets out of the way 
  • I'm 27 weeks and go back for another scan next week to check placental growth.  During my Antony scan my placenta was 1/2 inch from my cervix, so not covering but close.  My doc thinks it will move up though so I'm not too worried. Hopefully the next scan shows good things I can't afford to end up on bed rest or pelvic rest.  I need to keep busy lol!
  • I had a partial at my AS that completely moved 4 weeks later. My MFM said that with the amount of partial i had, they still would have allowed me to labor naturally, but the threshold for a c section would be lower if there was bleeding. Depending on how much previa you have, they may let you go to term and try still 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017