December 2017 Moms
Options

Centering pregnancy

Hi all,

So my midwifery practice offers centering pregnancy. It's voluntary, if you can't make it, it's no problem to schedule a 'regular' appointment. CP is two (!) hours long. First there's a check-up in private and then afterwards there's room for discussion and questions. I decided to give it a go, because I read and heard positive stories about centering pregnancy in the US. Today we were only 4, but we had a good laugh and shared experiences. I didn't get a whole lot of new information, but it was definitely nice meeting other pregnant women in my city. Anyone else participating in centering pregnancy? What are your experiences? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Centering pregnancy

• Options
    We don't have that around here but I've read experiences on blogs and it sounds neat!
  • Options
    Lurking from J18..

My clinic just started doing this! I work a few nights a week so I may or may not be able to participate, I haven't gotten their schedule yet. Following this thread in case there's others who have given it a try!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never heard of this! Sounds very interesting though; you'll (and those of you that also do it) will have to let us know what you think as your pregnancy progresses.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Mine offers this but it doesn't fit in my schedule. Very cool that you can participate!
  • Options
    i've never heard of this! hope it works out well for you. i'm sure even if you can only make it occasionally it would be useful. although i'm sure it depends on the group you end up with...ahem...

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Never heard of this! Sounds like it could be a good way to make some mom friends :)

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    So funny that we hear "it's big in the US" and we thus far have found no other participants :lol: 

One of my co-workers' (due Christmas time) midwifery practice offers it as well. She had her first meeting this week. We discussed it yesterday. She also participated with her first and has a group of mom friends that she still regularly sees. There were a couple of things we did and didn't like. 
    - I wasn't able to attend the first meeting so had a regular appointment. The attending midwife took the time to discuss my bloodwork with me and I made an appointment for my 20 week ultrasound. My co-worker got her results handed to her, was told 'it looks good' and it wasn't discussed, so now she has to call to ask her questions. 
    - At my meeting there were two women who were nearing the 20 week ultrasound mark, who didn't have an appointment yet and who were told to call to schedule their appointments. Why couldn't they do it on the spot?
    - My group is really my small, My midwifery practice started centering pregnancy this year. It was nice meeting other moms to be, but I'm not sure if they end up being friends (to early to tell anyway). In a larger group there are always going to be 1 or 2 you'll get along with great.
    - It was really nice to talk about pregnancy with other moms to be. It's a place where you can throw everything on the table (if you want) and you're not judged for it. 
  • Options
    Also from the US, also have never heard of it! So it's basically real life TB, hopefully minus the drive bys and banning!  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel :lol: I hope it's as useful as TB!