February 2018 Moms
Options

Mental Health Check In 6/28

What is your biggest worry this week?

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? 

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related)

Re: Mental Health Check In 6/28

• Options
    What is your biggest worry this week? Waiting on a good 3rd beta today and ultrasound. Also finances-adjusting to a new budget for a second baby in daycare.

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? Having an appointment today and next week means that I am pregnant, and since this is likely our last baby I need to breathe and let myself enjoy it. Financially, we may be tight for a couple of years before DS starts school, but it means we will spend more time at home as a family and less time on the go.

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related) I have a 4 day weekend this week so I'm looking forward to getting off Friday afternoon and not returning until Wednesday!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @meatball37 just wanted to tell you I love this thread! I struggled with anxiety and depression on and off my whole life but it got very bad after having my son. I am coping a lot better now and want to make sure I stay that way.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is your biggest worry this week?
    My OB doesn't want to see me until 7/31. I will be a little over 10 weeks. I just want confirmation this is real. I would really like to go in sooner, but I know that is my anxiety talking. 

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? I had a very healthy and happy pregnancy with my son. We could hear his heartbeat at 10 weeks. I'm trying to focus on being happy and enjoying

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related)We are packing for our vacation.  B) 
  • Options
    @hullabalou I loved this thread on my last BMB too. It was so nice to know that I wasn't the only one who worried herself sick. I'm determined this time to enjoy this pregnancy as well. I also am in the same boat with finances. Money will be a little tighter with me at reduced hours.  It the plus side is, we won't have to use daycare. 

@essentialpeace the waiting for the first appointment is the worst! I have been counting down the days for sure. I have only had lab work done so far and am feeling anxious to see the little nugget. How old is your son? And where are you guys going on vacation? 
  • Options
    My biggest worry this week: waiting for that first appointment on Monday.

How to squash that worry: I have been distracting myself and keeping busy. I find the less busy I am, the more I let my mind wander.

I am most excited for a family day on Friday. DH took a PTO day and we are going to the zoo! 
  • Options
    What is your biggest worry this week? Waiting for my dating ultrasound tomorrow...seeing nothing or something wrong. 

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? We will be able to see how far along I am, hopefully see a heartbeat. Seeing something other than "positive" on an at home test or hCG numbers within the right range will ease my mind and make this feel real. 

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related) Having my ultrasound tomorrow, getting some extra sleep this weekend and spending time with my boyfriend. 
  • Options
    What is your biggest worry this week? Stopping progesterone today and it being too early. 

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? My RE knows what she is doing and wants a positive outcome just as much as I do. 

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related) Having a long weekend for fourth of July! 

@meatball37 family day sounds so nice!

@essentialpeace the waiting is so hard, hang in there! 

@hullabalou thats a really nice way of thinking about it! I am also worried about finances but know we are both happy to make whatever sacrifices have to be made and will make the best of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What is your biggest worry this week? Morning (I.e ALL DAY) sickness kicked in on Monday. The nausea is exacerbating my panic disorder. I keep waking up with panic attacks in the middle of the night. Nothing seems to help.

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? It will most likely go away at the 14 week mark, and my first appt is in a week and a half. Maybe I can get something for the nausea then. I'm strong enough to push through this (I don't have any other option!) at least I'm not vomiting!

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related) 4-day weekend.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    Have you tried unisom+b6 before bed? Totally safe and otc. I'd look into it if I were you!  Saved my life and sanity sigh ds1 @SquirrelsRWatching
  • Options
    I'm a sure going to try it! I never heard about that combination from my last pregnancy...just emetrol...which does nothing. I'll have to check with the pharmacist to make sure I can take the unison with my anxiety medications.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    @meatball37 He is 17.5 months old. We are going to NC. I'm hoping to enjoy it through the fatigue and nausea, haha. 
  • Options
    ruizuruizu member
    Biggest worry? Putting on 4.5 kg in the last month, and how my Japanese doctor will react. Also my scan tomorrow and wondering if I will finally see a heartbeat at 8.2 weeks (I was disappointed not to see it at 6 weeks).

Though the squash factor is that I'm making a baby house. This baby's gonna have room for a library and a swimming pool. And trying to be skinny like Japanese women ended up making me sick so I just have to embrace my wobbly thighs and belly. They're going to be a baby trampoline. 

And there's no point worrying about tomorrow until it comes.

Excited about telling aunts/uncles/cousins about pregnancy this weekend, if scan goes well.

• Options
    Hey everyone! I was recommended to join this thread. I deal with anxiety and honestly have self medicated with weed over my lifetime (weed or xanax... I just prefer the green stuff!). But now that baby is coming I've stopped and am trying to be as healthy as I can. But these changes have really upped my worries. I was dealing with infertility and miscarriage worry before we even started trying! Ugh.

My worry this week is- am I still really pregnant? My symptoms have tapered a bit. Logically I think it's bc my body is adjusting to the hormones but irrationally I fear the worst. My first ultrasound isn't until 13 weeks and I'm 8 weeks tomorrow.

Squashing it- fighting worry with positive and logical thinking. 

Excitement- I'm almost 8 weeks in! That's more than halfway through the first trimester. Yay. 
  • Options
    Welcome @mblomq2 since you self medicated before, I would talk to your OB about what you can specifically do medication wise for this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    What is your biggest worry this week? Financially affording 2 in daycare is going to make things tight. I also worry about the baby a lot too.

How could you squash that worry and turn it into positive thinking? 
    We are trying to prepare now by living off our budget for the adjustment for daycare and it's doable for us. As far as the baby, I just repeat the mantra today I am pregnant. That's a great one that someone posted. I remind myself it's in God's hands and pray on it and then try to let by anxiety go.

What are you most excited about this week? (Baby or non baby related)
    Excited for a week with my daughter! She's been on part-time daycare for the summer since I'm a teacher, but due to 4th of July she won't go since they are closed and the other day she would go she has a birthday party. So we are just going to enjoy a week of fun mommy daughter time together. ❤

• Options
    Thanks @meatball37 but I'd really prefer to stay away from meds, especially at this sensitive time. This week is a lot better than last. I think my hormones are starting to balance out and that helps immensely.
  • Options
    Joon+Joon+ member
    Biggest worry:  Can I do this again?  When I was expecting DS, I was diagnosed with a phobia of pregnancy.  I basically had a complete aversion to/crippling fear of the whole process, even though I wanted the end result.  Unfortunately, history seems to be repeating itself :/

Worry squasher:  I can do it because I have done it, and it was worth it.

Most excited:  Just to start getting things ticked off the to do list in preparation for becoming a family of four.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary