December 2017 Moms

MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check In 6/28

A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples's and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc!  Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday and I didn't see that anyone else posted one, so here's this week!

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Have you made any big baby purchases yet? Anything you are questioning getting?

Any fun 4th of July plans this year?

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: MoM's of Multiples Weekly Check In 6/28

• How far along are you? 15w5d with just one this time!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Not until tomorrow.  I haven't met with my OB since the end of May and am getting a little antsy. I have yet another anterior placenta, so it'll be a while before I feel anything.

Have you made any big baby purchases yet? Anything you are questioning getting? No. I think we are actually set from the twins. I have all the necessary things -- rock n play, pack n play, cribs, swing, bouncer, etc. 

Any fun 4th of July plans this year? I have the Wed and Thurs after the 4th off only because my daycare lady needed off, so I think the boys and I will blow up their new baby pools and splash around. We won't go anywhere because SO has to work.

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  I've been so tired lately! It's worse than it was during the first trimester!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tmk0325 Gees, that does seem like a long time. I have nothing until the anatomy scan towards the end of July. 

How far along are you? 
    15 + 4 with di/di twins 

I had an appointment last week, but nothing until late July for the anatomy scan. I'm hoping to switch doctors so maybe I'll get to see the new doctor in between. 

No big purchases, only a few fan outfits. We need to talk about the types of cribs for twins. 

We're going to DC to visit family. 

Any advice on cribs for twins would be great. Rant: I'm having a hard time switching doctors. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but apparently they'd rather you not see another doctor first. I don't get that. You get the records, you do your own ultrasounds moving forward so I don't understand why it's such a big deal. FX I'm able to see the doctor I want. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14+2 (singleton)

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? had my NT scan last week and everything looked great. I think I have 2 more weeks till my next midwife appointment

Have you made any big baby purchases yet? Anything you are questioning getting? not yet we have most of the baby stuff but we will need a new dresser for this one and we are debating a second rocker/glider because we still use the one in the twins room all.the.time

Any fun 4th of July plans this year? not really, maybe getting together with freinds. if the weather is good I am sure we will take the twins to the pool

What rants/raves/questions/advice?   ummm not much at the moment...

@tmk0325 how was the twins birthday?!?
    @clovelyone  so when the twins were born they slept in our room we had a pack-n-play that had a large bassinet section and a changer. they both fit in the bassent section for several months, then we stepped them down to a lower level (but not all the way to the bottom) for a month or two. Once they were 6 months we transitioned them to a crib in their own room but they shared a crib. (we actually tried for 2 nights to put them in separate cribs and it was a total disaster, they wanted each other. They finally went into their own cribs around 9-10 months. Their cribs are right next to one another and they talk and play all the time. So all that being said you have time to figure out the crib situation and you can even get away with just one for a while. Sorry the doctor thing is still being such a PITA
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 Thanks for the info! I've seen cribs that connect in an L shape and two separate cribs and I was hoping we could just use one. 
  • Hey guys!  
    @tmk0325 Yeah how was the twins birthday party?!  Your 4th sounds fun :)
    @clovelyone What a PITA!  Why is this so hard?  Sorry dude. 
    @wabash15 Weird question, but how much is tooooo much to spend on a rocker?  Lol, I'm having a hard time justifying $1000 for a freaking chair. 
    @beary67 Yes for the 2 boys!!!  Congratulations - boys are sooooo fun!  Sorry you were having such awful groin pain. Yikes. Glad is getting better :)
    Good goal for Sep 1 nursery date. I can't wait to start setting ours up. 

How far along are you? 13+4

NT scan last week wa a great. No other appointments until July 7th!  That seems so far away!

None yet. We're still waiting to find out what they are. I do have the cribs that I want picked out, as well as th dresser. I know what stroller were getting, etc. Just waiting. And waiting...

My mission is to find someone with a pool for me to float in all day while eating cheeseburgers. I think I've found the place, so all is good. 

I am tottttttally showing and it's happening FAST. I feel double the size I was last week and maternity clothes are a way of life now.  I finally feel free of all first trimester symptoms and I'm so happy to not be dry heaving every 5 seconds. Yay!
    @wabash15 actually answered my question about what the babies sleep in next to the bed. I was thinking a twin pack n play, and she confirmed that that's a good way to go. Thanks girl!
    oh and I woke up last night on my back and my arms and hand still were all numb, so I guess you guys were right - my body would tell me when I was sleeping like that for too long and I would wake up. May be time to get one of those obnoxious pillows. 
  • @beary67 hooray for 2 boys! I'm glad they are looking good! I too grew fast. lotion was my friend when my skin started streching. oh and beware that if you go close to term you may outgrow maternity cloths... that was my WTF moment when I seriously considered getting a mumu.
    @breezybee hooray for finding a pool to eat burgers in, that sounds like heaven! as for how much to spend on a rocker... I found one I loved at BRU but it only came in white and I didn't want white (talk about stain central!) I looked at some others that I liked that were 4-500 but in the end found a glider used for about 100 but it did not have the foot stool.  If I had it all to do again I would spend more, get the foot stool and make sure that the back is high enough that you can rest your head comfortably.... there will be many times you may fall asleep holding a baby (or pumping) only to wake up with a massive crick in your neck. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• How far along are you? 15+3 with di-di twins. One of the twins at least is a boy.

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Next appt is on Friday, looking forward to see them hopefully. I'll have to schedule another ultrasound for the sexes though, the sono tech is out on Fridays I guess. Boo!

Have you made any big baby purchases yet? Anything you are questioning getting? No purchases yet, but like @breezybee I've been looking at the pack and play with the double bassinet tops, it seems like a smart purchase from the financial side also. My parents have signaled that they would like to buy us a more traditional bassinet, but I've yet to find one for twins specifically. We have been working on the nursery as it needs new flooring and we have already gotten the painting done.

Any fun 4th of July plans this year? Its hot here and the heat makes me dry heave still, I'm not going out there in that. I'll lay in my pool and maybe sit in the air conditioned car and watch fireworks from the nearby dam.

What rants/raves/questions/advice?  My shape is changing at this point. Its pretty clear that the fluff is rearranging itself for the babies, my waistline is disappearing. I can't wait to feel them! Still lagging behind on the energy levels, wishing I had a house cleaning faerie.

@breezybee I bought one of the c-shaped pillows, I guess its helping.

@beary67 Spetember 1st. I'm not going to get the nursery done by then. My sister is coming in October to help with the finishing touches.

@wabash15 My mom thinks that I need to start getting my registry going and my list made for invitees to the shower. Too soon? She maybe a touch excited.

@cloverlyone That is a PITA. My insurance changes in September, if they force me to switch I'll be p'd off. The doctor I've chosen was especially recommended for me by my RE, is top five in her field for my area,  and I love her.

• @stella_700 it never hurts to start thinking about it but it took us a while to get it all figured out what we wanted and what we actually needed. I did a TON of research on bottles and we got a bunch then only DS would use them and we had to try like 15 brands to find one DD would use... babies have their own plans!

In the spoiler box are some pics of pac-n-plays similar to the one we have... so it has a bassinet area that is big enough for two new born twins, then once they get older we took off the changer attachment and could have the mat streched out the full length but it was close to the top.

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• How far along are you? 
    17+4, time sure is flying! 

Last week had 2, got my glucose screen back and I passed. I think my number was 125? Not sure what that number is or where in the spectrum though. Next appt on the 5th.

Nope, a LOT of mine and my DH's family have either already purchased or have hand me down items that I'm taking total advantage of! 

Nothing planned, but eating cheeseburgers in or near a pool sounds amazing @breezybee!!

@stella_700 make sure you read the reviews on the double bassinet pack & play. It looked great until I read all the comments about it semi-collapsing in the middle of them  :/

I love my Snoogle maternity pillow (c-shaped) and even brought it in a separate carry on bag on the plane! My DH also loves to sleep in it when I get out of bed lol
  • @wabash15 Thank you for the pictures, that bassinet looks much better than the ones I've seen online! I haven't found much similar to that yet online and stuff specifically for twins in the stores have been nonexistent. Like @KathrynJ088 says the reviews of the ones I was looking at aren't the greatest, so while I'll need a pack n play I'd prefer the one that you've posted pictures of. @kathrynJ088 its clear constructed differently than the ones both you and I have looked at.
  • @stella_700 I will go home tonight and try to look and see what the style name for mine is. It was  an official greco pack-n-play though. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Hey all! The boys birthday party was good! We all survived and it looked really cute. I did a lumberjack theme and it was actually cool here (in the 60s) so they got to wear their little buffalo plaid flannel shirts.  For their cake smash they had jeans on and a plaid bow tie. It was adorable!

As for cribs, @clovelyone we did end up getting two cribs but not until after a couple months. I also second @wabash15 and the pack n play with the changing table is super handy. We had one of those.  We started with them sleeping in their rock n plays (highly suggest getting one or two, they are super handy to move around) they had reflux and preferred being up right, and then after about 8 weeks we had them both in one crib but they kept moving into each other, so we split them up and one slept in the crib and the other in the pack n play.  We used that changing attachment daily until we then got another crib and they both slept in their cribs. They currently still sleep in their cribs and we never had to worry about transitioning them apart. Their cribs are just right next to each other though.... Also @clovelyone you are spending a lot of time with your doctor, I would definitely switch to one you are comfortable with. Better to do it now!

@beary67  Congrats on team blue!! :)

@breezybee We actually got a glider with ottoman from Target, it was less than $150 with my registry discount!  I put it on my gift registry knowing that it might not be a gift so I just then used my 15% off on it. It works really well and we didn't spend a fortune. We are still using it daily.  If you don't want to spend a ton of money, I'd check out target. This is the one we got, its currently unavailable, but they have lots of other options! https://www.target.com/p/shermag-danielle-deluxe-sleigh-style-rocker-glider-and-ottoman-combo/-/A-14463445#preselect=737176

@stella_700 you can actually start doing your registry whenever and just keep it private. I started mine early and researched and added and deleted items until I wanted mine to go live.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies!

@wabash15 those pics are so helpful!

@tmk0325 Thanks for info on the cribs.  

@beary67 Congrats on finding out the sexes! 

@stella700 I feel like I'm feeling something, but I'm ready for the noticeable movements. 

@KathrynJ088 I'm glad you passed your glucose test! I also have a thin for cheeseburgers for some reason. 
  • @tmk0325 Ill check that out. I love target so much, it's like insane. 
  • Hi ladies, sorry this is so late, I kind of lost track of space and time in the Bump workd for a day or two there!

@wabash15 @tmk0325Thanks so much for the info on the pack n play / bassinets. I'd been planning to use one by our bed so I was glad to hear that worked well for you two and I liked the examples shared more than the ones I'd found. I went and found the Greco one and pinned it.

@clovelyone I've actually been thinking a lot recently about forgoing a crib altogether once we get past the pack n play stage. I know that maybe sounds a little weird and crunchy lol, but someone mentioned doing that a few weeks back on another thread and it just makes a lot of sense to me. From what I read babies who have super baby proofed open spaces with mattresses are often better at self-soothing and occupying themselves independently for longer (and with twins I think they could also occupy each other), plus it cuts costs on a crib! My parents actually did the same for me when I was a baby because I started jumping out of my crib on a daily basis (and I fully expect my children to inherit my inner climbing monkey gene lol). I know it's not for everyone, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. My husband isn't 100% on board with the idea yet, but he wasn't totally opposed to it either.

@beary67 Congrats on the boys!!! And I actually had to go google maternity belt lol. Glad it worked for you and I'll keep that in mind once my bump emerges.

@breezybee Your 4th of July mission sounds like the best plan ever. I think I'll seek to do something similar!

@stella_700 I'm super excited to feel them too!!!

@KathrynJ088 I'm glad your glucose test went well, that's a relief!

How far along are you? 

14+6, di/di twins

Had one last Monday, it went great and the zigzags were moving like crazy. Next appointment with OB is Jul 17, then we've got the anatomy scan a week later and I'm so excited!!!

Not yet, but I've started pinning a lot of stuff that I'm thinking about. Has anyone used those Milk Snob covers? Are they as great as they look?

No actual plans for the 4th yet, but we're going to bbq's on Saturday and Monday evening and I'm going to a baby shower on Sunday, so it's going to be a busy few days! I also still have to work on Monday :neutral:

This isn't a rant, it's just something really terrible that happened that I'd like to get off my chest, so big TW: I volunteer at a therapeutic horseback riding center leading horses. There was a 14 year old named Phoenix who also volunteered and acted as the side walker (walks to the side of the rider to stabilize them). I hadn't known Phoenix too long, but we had chatted while we walked for the couple of months that we had the same rider. I found out yesterday that Phoenix commited suicide. Physically, Phoenix was female and since it had never been discussed or mentioned, I'd assumed that was Phoenix's gender, but I learned yesterday that he was transgender and considered himself to be male. I don't know Phoenix's story or what specifically happened to lead him to end his life. Whenever we spoke he was always very talkative and fairly upbeat and optimistic, especially for a teenager, so it just came as a huge shock. Phoenix's father works at my company, so I think I'm going to send him a sympathy card through our interoffice mail. :END TW

Rave: I'm new to forums and TB and this BMB has been a little weird the last week or so, but I really enjoy this check in and talking to you ladies about our multiples, so thanks for making this a positive environment that I enjoy being a part of.
  • @leilagphillips I'm sorry for the loss. it is always sad when someone dies but I think its even harder when its a young person who has so much  life ahead of them.  I think his family would appreciate a card/note.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @leilagphillips I'm so sorry for your loss. That's nice of you to send a card. 

I remember seeing something about not using a crib and baby proofing the room, but that seems kind of scary to me for some reason. It would be less expensive though so my SO would probably love it LOL. 

Also, I agree with you. I really enjoy our chats we have in this thread. 
  • @leilagphillips I'm so sorry for your loss. How sad :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wabash15 @clovelyone @tmk0325 Thank you for the condolences. I didn't really know Phoenix very well, so it's not really "my loss" but I think right now since I'm carrying my LO's (and am full of raging hormones) it was just especially upsetting. I can't imagine what the parents are going through and it just adds to what I think will be that ever present fear that goes along with being a parent/soon-to-be parent.
  • @leilagphillips I'm so sorry!  Keeping you in my thoughts.  <3
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @leilagphillips That's so heartbreaking. 

I'm a little late to check in. I'm 13 weeks with mo/di twins. I went in for the NT scan this week, and the twins wouldn't cooperate with their positions, so it didn't happen. But since we're getting the blood test, we were told that's good enough. (Since they're identical, the blood test is more reliable than if they were fraternal.)

I've bought nothing.  I'm kind of overwhelmed by it all.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @KLake42 I've bought nothing too. And I'm pretty overwhelmed at the thought of a registry, and even making a list of what I need  :s
  • Lucie's List has a great registry list, and she has one for twins as well. It's helped me with my registry immensely - check it out!
  • Random? when should I start doing kick counts? Never did them with my first two, is there a good way to know which baby is kicking other than general side? Is it even something important to do? So lost here.