January 2018 Moms
Options

MoM's (moms of multiples) Weekly Check In - 6/27

A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples's and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc!  

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Have you felt the babies move yet?  

GTKY: Do twins run in your family? (Get used to being asked this question!)

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 

Re: MoM's (moms of multiples) Weekly Check In - 6/27

• Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks 6 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Went in today to give a blood sample for my appointment on Friday. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the babies again!

Have you started announcing to family and/or friends? Our immediate family and close friends know. We will probably announce on facebook the week of/after the 4th of July.

GTKY: Do twins run in your family? (Get used to being asked this question!) Supposedly they run in DH's family, but it's skipped a couple generations. No twins in my family, that I know of...

What rants/raves/questions/advice? How much weight have you all been told to gain and by what week, etc? I plan on asking my OB on Friday, but I've read so much differing info on Google (and honestly, on here as well) that it's all a ball of confusion in my head. With the morning sickness kicking my butt, I've actually lost weight these last few weeks, so I'm hoping I won't get a too stern talking-to on Friday! 

• Options
    It's me, the one with two sets of twins.  I used to try to educate people that the only known genetic link for twins is the small possibility of hyper-ovulation on the mother's side (fraternal twins) but I gave up after a while and mostly just humor people now.  You're right that this is one of the questions we get asked the most.  

My favorite question though, is whether my b/g twins are identical...one of these days I'm going to say yes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mudge85Mudge85 member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? 12w6d

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Yes! Had my NT yesterday - it went well - Doctor said everything looks normal - just waiting for the blood test to confirm.

Have you felt the babies move yet?  No

GTKY: Do twins run in your family? (Get used to being asked this question!) Nope! Thank you stimulated IUI :)

What rants/raves/questions/advice? How everyone thinks that they know exactly what you're going through and exactly what will work -- IE My mom LOVE LOVE LOOOVE My mother - but things that worked for you in the 80s when you had two singleton pregnancies are not necessarily going to work for me when the babies arrive... Anyone have twins with no family nearby? That's our biggest concern right now - there is NO ONE here to help us... My parents are 3.5 hours away and my in laws are 6...
  • Options
    @Mudge85 - in the summer my parents are only a 1.5 hour drive away, but in the winter they're a 3 hour plane ride away! DH's parents are a 4-5 hour drive away. I know both moms have told us that they will come up for a few weeks (staggered, not at the same time) to help out when they babies arrive, but I'm kind of already dreading what will happen once they leave. DH's sister is a 45-60 minute drive away, but she's crazy busy with her life and all her 2 daughters' activities that we aren't sure if we can rely on her for any (much) help...