November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In 6/27

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY: If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be?

Re: FTM Check-In 6/27

• 1) How far along are you?
    19+3
    A/S last week was perfect, baby boy <3. Checkup on Thursday.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Kicks! Love the baby dancing all around. Other than that I feel pretty good and symptom free.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Rave: Bought two cute footed onesies yesterday from Gymboree. Trying not to buy more!
    Ariel from the Little Mermaid

• Loading the player...
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    1) How far along are you?
         20 weeks 1 day..... halfway!!

A/S last week was told everything was good. 

3) Cravings/symptoms?
        I have been eating watermelon like crazy!

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
        Rave: My mom came to visit and brought me some new shirts ... I think it's cause I was venting how nothing is fitting right anymore and I just want clothes to wear to work that are comfy.

Nope not today.

I would say a super hero ... maybe super girl. 
  • 1) How far along are you? 21 weeks today
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? AS was last Friday, went well except LO refused to roll over so they could get his profile or palate. We have to go back July 21st just to check those few things, but tech said all looked good. Assuming ob will go over the report with us today though. To be fair I already saw the report in my EMR and it looked fine to me haha
    3) Cravings/symptoms? Achy and constipation and a little twinge in my back. Yesterday I had a minor freak out when I bent over to pick something up and got a sharp pain in my rib cage/stomach area when I stood back up. I think I yelled b/c DH came running.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I just ranted in ticker change and WTF haha. Aside from those rant, nothing really. Kind of upset b/c there is a rumor we might lose our gym at work and that's the only way I fit my workouts in. we have another gym option but it's 10x the cost of the one we use now.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Not really.
    6) GTKY: If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be? oh this is hard one. Probably some kind of super hero. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    20 + 1!
    A/S was last thursday and we have a perfectly perfect little girl cooking in there! 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I did a dumb thing and watched a health documentary so at the moment I'm reconfiguring how to get all my cals and proteins in a healthier way. So dumb. Why do I watch these things. No cravings this week though! Feeling lots of movement and loving every second of it.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Very concerned at the amount of cheese I'm spending on cute baby clothes. Must. Stop. But. Can't.
    Also experiencing some odd... anxiety? About impending parenthood? It's unexpected. This was a planned pregnancy and we're so happy but I've had a few moments recently where I'm like "oh sh!t. what are we doing?! how will we do this?!". Logically, I know we will do it and we'll love it and we love her. But still. Thems my real thoughts. 
    I'd LIKE to be Wonder Woman because I'm still not over it or her, but I am much closer to being Liz Lemon. 
  • 1) How far along are you? 21+4

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Our anatomy scan was last week. (on my husband's birthday! He got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.) It went great. 10 fingers, 10 toes, flat feet, no cleft palate, nothing to cause concern, and measuring right on track. 

3) Cravings/symptoms? No cravings. Actually, not much hunger this week in general. Still dealing with excruciating nipple pain the moment they get remotely cold. 

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Well, officially into my maternity dresses. My whole office is now commenting on the cute bump. Not oregnancy related, per se, but finances and making sure we try to be fiscally responsible with raising a kid are weighing heavily on our minds. So of course we run into a major malfunction with our well this week. Possibly significant enough to require digging an entirely new one. Great. Thanks. Anyone have $40k lying around you want to give me?

6) GTKY: If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be?  Jo March, from Little Women. 
    19w4d
    20w U/S on Friday
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Yogurt and cheese(not together); no symptoms to speak of.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Excited about U/S, and we got our registry mostly done today!
    Tough question. I guess Matilda but without all the bad parenting. She is smart, independent, and can move things with her mind. Love that movie!
    22 weeks tomorrow!
    I saw my midwife today, ans i toured the birth center today. I have my make up anatomy scan tomorrow so its a busy week. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Not so much. Im having a hard time sleeping and definitely messed up my back somehiw... i think i have heartburn? 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Already posted in WTF... 
    Not really... 
    im gonna have the most boing answer... somebody in a tv or movie who literally does nothing. Ever. Or some really small side character in harry potter... like lavender brown or cho chang... possibly pansy parkinson. I just want to experience things without having any respnlonsibilities. 

@britduhr im totally anxious, but im mostly freaking out about people wanting to hold or touch my baby and im not okay with that. 

• 1) How far along are you?  i'm 18 weeks tomorrow - eeeeee!
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  no appointments this week - going to have my A/S on july 6th and am both very, very nervous and also excited.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?  having very intense cravings for this specific dessert - it is non-dairy coconut milk mango ice cream by presidents choice.  i went with my boyfriend to the store last week to get some more and when they didn't have any i started uncontrollably crying which was absurd, however i just couldn't stop the tears from coming.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?  my concerns are wondering if bambino is okay - i still haven't felt much in the way of movement and i just keep wondering.  so stressful.  :(
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask?  how are people coping with their anxiety ???  i find that mine is just out of control some days.  some days i can say to myself "i have no control - ive done all that i can do" and other days i just wake up in the middle of the night worrying about everything.
    6) GTKY: If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be?  someone very relaxed and very, very chill.  no clue who!

• @whatwillanndo i am seeing a counsellor for my pregnancy induced anxiety. Its through the hospital and my midwife set it up for me. They also work with post pardom so if im having any issues after the baby is born then i wont have to go on a waiting list or anything as im already a client of theirs. 
    I also found that figuring out my triggers and mentally preparing for them helped. Seeing my SIL and father are definite triggers for me. Talking about my grandmother, and speaking about my birth plan woth pretty much anyone on my husbands side is too stressful for me. 
    Also the mental health thread here is helpful... its just nice knowing that youre not alone. 
  • @bcashaw thank you for your reply!  it is funny as i am a mental health counsellor/crisis worker so you think it would be easy for me to reach out for help/use my coping skills - but somehow it seems more challenging!  i'll check out the mental health thread.

hope all moms-to-be are doing well tonight!  <3
  • @whatwillanndo I am trying really hard to take a step back when I start to get anxious and do some deep breathing or try to shut off for awhile. I have to admit I'm not doing a great job at it.  I also try to "busy" myself so the anxiety can't creep in, but that feels more like avoidance and probably not healthy in the long-term. I thought about seeing my counselor again but I really don't want to drop $30 every visit. Trying to save $ right now. Like @bcashaw mentioned trying to recognize my triggers has also been a bit effective. Work causes me a lot of anxiety and I've tried to put that in perspective lately and that's been helpful. I also set aside time in the middle of my day to workout, that seems to combat some of the work anxiety. I know not everyone can do this, but perhaps a short 10 minute walk? Also, I think people in the field have a harder time reaching out. In my previous life I was a crisis counselor as well, I'm great at recognizing when other people need help but not so much when I do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    @whatwillando The first step for me is recognizing that I'm anxious, not trying to fight it, and thinking about what is causing it. Then I think about worst case scenario and its consequences. Next I think about what will make me feel better or just help time to pass. Sometimes I just need to tell DH how I'm feeling and why (he usually isn't home when it happens and I text him) and then I can nap or eat some of it away. Other times, researching, shopping, or cleaning helps because I'm busy. Much of my anxiety comes when I'm tired, hungry, or hormonal.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility