November 2017 Moms

PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Weekly Check-in 6/27-7/3

NYTino24NYTino24 member
edited June 2017 in November 2017 Moms
This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post losses here. Start a new thread.*****

Hey PGAL ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: How are you doing with picking a name for baby?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Weekly Check-in 6/27-7/3

• @NYTino24 I love the image for this week's thread. It made me nod and smile.

1. How far along are you today? 19+1

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? I passed them all a while ago.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? I'm good. It was nice to have an appointment and hear baby yesterday. The increased movement has me feeling a lot more confident and comfortable with the pregnancy. However, yesterday was my last appt with my OB group that I've been with for 2 of my losses. It was hard to say goodbye to them, especially since I still haven't gotten a new OB lined up in our new city. (Not for lack of trying.)

4. How is your SO handling everything? He is fine. Now that we're out of the first trimester, he's pretty sure things are going to be fine. I don't think the losses ever hit him the same way they hit me.

Okay for us, I guess. We have sort of decided on a girl name. It was on my list last time and DH shot it down super quickly and said he hated it. Then he was the one who brought it up this time. Men. But, if this is another boy, I think it'll be named Baby Boy for quite a while.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @JDW0325 I am excited to stop referring to the baby as "it" now! Good luck at your scan!
    @kissthesky32 I feel the same way. They could never understand unless their bodies went through it.

I love that the three of us are due within a day or two of each other. We may have a rainbow baby explosion of births!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • missrekaeaglemissrekaeagle member
    edited June 2017
    I've been MIA for a few weeks due to family health scares, school, work, and moving, but I'm happy to be back on this thread. I hope you all are well. 

18w

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?
    MC @ 6w 11/2016

I'm excited to feel baby move on a regular basis, but I'm still exhausted. 

He's still handling things well. 

5. GTKY: How are you doing with picking a name for 
    baby?
    We have names picked and we're waiting for the anatomy scan 7/6 to see if we have Baby Emily Elise or Baby Brian Christopher.
  • 1. How far along are you today? 18 w 5 d 

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? cp 4/2016 mmc 11/2016 baby is due  the same time I had my D&C  last year. Not sure how I feel about that.  

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? lots of anxiety that something is wrong.  PGAL brain has been rough.  I have no real reason to be anxious.  Have had some cramping but nothing unusual.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He is always great.  He is getting so excited.  We looked at baby stuff and now he won't stop talking about it.   

we have a list of names we like but in my usual fashion I have way over thought it and dont like any of the names now.  We are team green so we have to plan for both.  
  • Good luck on your anatomy scans everyone.  I am still waiting until July 6th.  
    @kissthesky32  it is the same for my husband.  He is totally confident everything is fine.  I am sorry you have to find a new ob. Doctor searching can be hard.   Hope you find a good one  :)

• 1. 19 weeks 3 days!

2.  M/C @11 weeks in January. Due date was August 5

3. I also have a ton of anxiety. I often don't feel baby move much until the evening, so my mornings are spent worrying that something could be wrong. I also think I feel him more when he is in certain positions than others, so some days are still very little movement.  Add that to my lack of symptoms and I am a nervous wreck lately. A/S not until July 10

4 He always reassures me that everything is fine.  He's pretty confident at this point. 

5. We have two names picked that we both like, so it's just deciding between those two!  No middle names yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you today? 

21 weeks + 1 day

Early miscarriage/CP @ 4+2 in August 2016
    Ectopic pregnancy confirmed via blood work and ultrasound between 5-6 weeks September 2016

3. How are you feeling today? Struggles? Successes? 

I feel good for the most part. My anxiety comes and goes but it's not as bad as it was before our AS last week. 

4. How is So handling everything? 

He is doing amazing. I think it helps knowing what we are having now. He is so excited he took it upon himself to put the crib together, assembled the dresser and ordered the pictures I wanted for the nursery. 

5. GTKY: How are you doing with picking a name for the baby? 

Funny you should ask. We had a boy name picked out and set on but it took us up until last week to agree on a girl's name. We each had a name we liked but neither could agree so we went with one that we both thought was decent but wasn't our favorite. Sure enough as soon as a I saw that girly profile (before even being told it was a girl) I looked over at DH and told him her name was Emery (which was my original pick) and he agreed finally. I think he just needed to see her. 
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited June 2017
    angkay711  We have our anatomy scans scheduled for the same day! That's also my birthday, so I am excited about that.

18w5d

CP in December 2016

Physically I feel fine. Emotionally/mentally....I am not sure. Seeing everyone on these boards feeling movement is a little disconcerting at times because I try to focus on my body to see if there is anything...and nothing. I know I have an anterior placenta, but I don't even feel the flutters or quickening movement. Being so close to 20 weeks, I really thought I would feel something by now. So it doesn't help with anxiety. I have my anatomy scan next Thursday, so hoping that goes well and will relieve some of the anxiety. But my family will be in town (about 8 people) and they all want to go to breakfast after our appt to announce the gender. Given the lack of movement and just anxiety, I am afraid of something being wrong and having a meet up scheduled for right after.

Really good. Not a care in the world. He is excited to find out the gender next week and is hoping for a boy...but would be happy either way. 

Zero progress made. We have decided to wait until after the AS to start discussing names.

• edited June 2017
    1. How far along are you today? 21+5

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? mc at 6.5 weeks oct 2016

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Better emotionally since the spotting from last week has stopped (knock on wood). I'm relying more on my Doppler than I would like but it calms me when I can't feel the baby moving.  Lately my back has started hurting more and more and it's been making me prettu grumpy 

4. How is your SO handling everything? he's great as always. Got some work done on the basement while I was gone over the weekend so we're making progress towards being able to start on the baby's room

we are team green so planning for both.  We have  a girl name picked out but cannot agree on a boy name at all

21w today
    MMC in at 11w (stopped growing at 8w) in May 2015. Early loss in October 2016.
    Feeling pretty good today. Loving that I'm finally feeling baby move more and more, which helps a lot with the anxiety. We also had our 20w scan last week and she is growing right on track, which was the best news ever!
    He has been great. He was really excited to feel her kick for the first time the other day.
    We have had our girl name since even before we had our boy name back when we were having our son in 2012/2013, so when we found out this one was a girl, we were already set. Thankfully!

@mparm91  I'm glad to hear that the spotting has stopped. I totally understand relying on the doppler. I just stopped using mine the other week when I finally started feeling her kick. I say, if it helps calm the nerves, go for it.
    18w6d

MMC December 2016 at 12 weeks. Baby only measured 8.

Good. I'm looking forward to our AS next week. 

Great. He is so excited and has been researching baby car seats. We are planning a trip to the nearest town with a baby outlet and we will probably get out carseat/bassinet/basic baby stuff then. I'm really excited for that! 

We haveca girls first name... but no boys names at all yet. We are going team green so we have to pick one at some point, just in case. 

I will reply later when I'm at home and have more time!
  • JLStandfillJLStandfill member
    edited June 2017

20+5

Between September '14 & October '16, DH and I suffered four first term losses, all unexplained.  Ran tons if tests, all coming back negative...

Feeling amazing.  Baby boy seems whole and healthy and he wiggles around plenty to let me know everything's alright.

I'm type 2 diabetic, and the last few days my fasting sugars have been ridiculous, but doc is trying to adjust meds here and there to see if I can work it out.

Awesome. Now that we've made it past the half way point, and had a perfectly normal anatomy scan, he's finally opening up and getting excited. Until now, he's remained cautiously optimistic.

I was so sure I was having a girl and the name came to me almost immediately...when we found out it's a boy I was at a loss... I THINK we might have a decision, but we're going to hold off making it official for now...
    me: 38 - dh: 37
    1st BFP: Aug. 18, 2014  -  MC: Sept. 30, 2014
    2nd BFP: July 4, 2015  -  MC: Aug. 18, 2015
    3rd BFP: March 7, 2016  -  MC: April 6, 2016
    4th BFP: October 6, 2016  -  MC: Nov. 24,  2016
    5th BFP: March 2, 2017  -  EDD Nov. 10, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017
    @JLStandfill Hope toe sugars get under control soon.
    @dragonfly87-2 You are sooo close to being able to feel that baby! 
    @Perfectypo I hope you get lots of good deals at the Baby outlet! DH is freaking out about how much baby stuff has found its way into our house already!
    @mommawolff11 So exciting for YH to feel baby! Mine keeps waiting.
    @mparm91 Glad the spotting stopped.

• @JLStandfill glad your AS went great, and YH is getting excited now  :) Hopefully your Dr can get your blood sugar more manageable. 
    18+4

I feel perfectly fine. If I didn't have a belly I'd forget I'm pregnant. My PGAL brain is still messing with me. I know LO is okay because of my doppler but with my A/S coming up, I'm petrified something is going to be wrong. 

Same as always. Very calm and positive. 

We can't seem to come up with a name which is strange because my two boys names were very easy to pick. I have a few names I like but I haven't felt that feeling like it's the one, yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mparm91
    I'm so glad the spotting stopped for you. I still use my doppler sometimes too even though I can feel her moving! I can't help it! I find the heartbeat in like 10 seconds and all is right in the world.......until the next time. 
  • Anyone here an IVF patient?
  • Thanks for your support ladies!

@jlstandfill glad your AS went well and yay making it past the half way point!

@jdw0325 I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I can feel baby move almost every day now but it's still pretty random when I can feel it so I still use my doppler too to ease my mind
  • My husband voiced his fear of us having a superpreemie yesterday after our AS. We have two friends with babies born just after viability and two other babies had heart surgeries (including my nephew). I tried to get him to realize that they seem more common because 1) we're at the age where more people we know are having babies and 2) you hear more about the extraordinary births than the ones without complications. I think it helped him, but other than reminding him that so far, my health and baby's is good, I don't know what to say. I mean, I'm nervous too, but as long as baby keeps moving and I feel okay, I'm trying not to worry. I think finding out the sex suddenly made everything real for him.

• @NYTino24 I am having the same fear. Now that I'm way past my loss milestone, I can't stop thinking of what else could go wrong. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 I have no advice for you, unfortunately. But hopefully your talk helped to calm some of his fears.  I also have the same fear and, other than just keeping myself as busy as possible, I havent figured out a way to stop thinking about what could still happen
    19w1d

I lost my last baby girl from Trisomy 18. Her heart stopped beating somewhere in the 12 week according to how big she was. We found out in the 15 week and delivered her vaginally at 16w1d. We were able to spend 6 hours with her and I am so grateful for that. 

I'm doing really well. I still have some days where I find it hard to believe I'm actually pregnant. 

He's having much less anxiety now that we've had a couple ultrasounds and have passed the date of our loss. 

I have one in mind, but I'm pretty sure dh is veto-ing it, lol. 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption