February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6.26

didn't see one started for this week! 

DD #1 3/26/13
Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
DD #2 3/31/15
DD #3 8/25/16

Re: Weekly Randoms 6.26

• I'm hungry and at work and DH is making a caprrse chicken salad for dinner but I want instant noodles.

the lady beside me in the break room is eating coleslaw like a cow chews cud, 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• i'll get the party started. i swear it's like a toddler fight club in my house these days. it's been so hard trying to get my girls to get along. I mean, they're fine when we are outside playing or in social settings but the minute I get them home it's a different story. ugh, then at the end of the night they hug and kiss and say night night. they're like tiny little devils but really freakin cute ones

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Aeml1985 said:
    I'm hungry and at work and DH is making a caprrse chicken salad for dinner but I want instant noodles.

instant noooooodddlllesss. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • seitzy3 said:
    i'll get the party started. i swear it's like a toddler fight club in my house these days. it's been so hard trying to get my girls to get along. I mean, they're fine when we are outside playing or in social settings but the minute I get them home it's a different story. ugh, then at the end of the night they hug and kiss and say night night. they're like tiny little devils but really freakin cute ones
    Ugh. I remember how my sister and I used to fight, not looking forward to that at all. But I guess the sweet times make up for it? 
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• seitzy3 said:
    i'll get the party started. i swear it's like a toddler fight club in my house these days. it's been so hard trying to get my girls to get along. I mean, they're fine when we are outside playing or in social settings but the minute I get them home it's a different story. ugh, then at the end of the night they hug and kiss and say night night. they're like tiny little devils but really freakin cute ones
    My two oldest are like that. I can't even begin to handle it. DD is an instigator and will tell on DS1 for every little thing and DS1 is rough and will start hitting when she gets him going. I had to tell them yesterday if one person does something wrong they will both get in trouble. It has stopped her trying to egg him on to hit so that he gets in trouble. Maybe not the best lesson in the world but I don't really care

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• I have so much I need to get done today and no energy to accomplish it. It's finally not raining here for once and I know I need to get out for a walk with DD. We can only go to target so many times in one week before we look crazy. 
  • @sabriel1 ah! My DD1 is a huge instigator as well. My girls are 2 years and then 17 months apart. It's only going to get more fun (sarrrrrcasm) 

@meatball37 my local target just went through a full head to toe reno. It's even more amazing if you can believe that. Also, we have our favorite check out guy and my DD gets a little upset when he's not there lol 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • I walked out of work last night to find a flat tire. 

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• seitzy3 said:
    Aeml1985 said:
    I'm hungry and at work and DH is making a caprrse chicken salad for dinner but I want instant noodles.

instant noooooodddlllesss. 
    Lol I swear I'm like a toddler. Aaaalllllll I want is noodles. Happy that's DS favourite thing for lunch....mmmmm now I'm think of noodles, can I eat them for breakfast too!?! 
  • Anybody have a Netflix addiction? There are so many new seasons coming out for all my favorite shows...and with this first trimester, I can't afford to be losing this much sleep to Netlfix...but the addiction is real :neutral:  
    What's coming out? Or what are you binging on? I need some new suggestions since there's not much on cable at the moment 

• @seitzy3 you're making me so jealous with your target talk. In Alberta we used to have target for a couple of years but now it's gone and I'm sad. We're going to Disneyland in oct and I plan to spend 1/2 a day at target lol. 

• Aeml1985 said:
    @seitzy3 you're making me so jealous with your target talk. In Alberta we used to have target for a couple of years but now it's gone and I'm sad. We're going to Disneyland in oct and I plan to spend 1/2 a day at target lol. 
    I'm in Ontario and mourn the loss of target regularly. I loved it so so much!!!! 
  • Aeml1985 Alright, I'll name my top ones. I'm kind of all over the board. 
    Right now I am watching Shameless.
    Good ones that have also came out with new seasons on Netflix:
    Scandal
    Grey's
    Jane the Virgin
    The Ranch
    OITNB
    Wentworth
    Royal Pains 
    The Fosters

Those are the ones on my top gotta watch list. 
    Ones that I've also loved:(above are my top favorites as well)
    -How to Get Away with Murder
    -Parenthood
    -Gossip Girl (!!!!!) *Judge me but i LOVED it*
  • @itsrandiyo I just re-watched all of Gossip Girl and it was AWESOME. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @itsrandiyo wentworth has new seasons?! And the fosters? I'll have to look, I LOVED those. Gossip girl was amazing too, and I regularly mourn the fact that parenthood is done for good. Such a good show. 

Ive been meaning to watch the ranch, thanks for reminding me

• MrsJ2410  @Aeml1985  I am so glad I'm not the only one that was obsessed with Gossip Girl, and yes I mourn both that and parenthood being done : :/
  • Parenthood was so great. Maybe I should rewatch it!
  • MrsJ2410  @Aeml1985  I am so glad I'm not the only one that was obsessed with Gossip Girl, and yes I mourn both that and parenthood being done : :/

I'm on season 5 of gossip girl now. I already know who gossip girl is though and it is pissing me off to see all the ways it absolutely can't be that person.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anybody have a Netflix addiction? There are so many new seasons coming out for all my favorite shows...and with this first trimester, I can't afford to be losing this much sleep to Netlfix...but the addiction is real :neutral:  

My H and I binge watch Netflix and Hulu shows on the regular. We've caught up with our go-to shows, and now we're waiting for new seasons of a few Netflix original shows. We mostly watch sci-fi, dystopian, action, fantasy, and crime drama/thrillers.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @hullabalou haha I felt the SAME way
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohhh I just got all 13 seasons of greys this past week. Took me forever to finish but I couldn't stop. My husband got me the Sex and the City series on DVD a few christmases ago and I think I'm finally going to start from the beginning. I just was at my bffs bachelorette party in NYC and we did the sex and the city tour. It made me want to start watching it again! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Love Parenthood. I've also been liking "this is us" but can't get over that the dad is Jess from Gillmore girls

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• My husband is on vacation this week. I am a SAHM so he is kind of messing up my routine. It was pretty glorious when he took our middle kiddo out when other two were napping. Finally took a hot shower for as long as I wanted. :) 
    SAHM to 3 kids- DD 8, DS 3, DS 1. Expecting one more!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hullabalou  I am so glad i didn't know who gossip girl was, it would make me mad too....
  • I loved Parenthood, Grey's, and Shameless.  I may have to check out Gossip Girl after I am finished with the new season of OITNB! 
  • sabriel1 said:
    Love Parenthood. I've also been liking "this is us" but can't get over that the dad is Jess from Gillmore girls
    @sabriel1 I love This is Us! I actually watched that first and then randomly decided to binge Gilmore Girls in December. I'd never seen it. So when Jess was introduced I was like "how do I know this guy?!" Totally mind blown when I figured it out who he was!
  • sabriel1 said:
    Love Parenthood. I've also been liking "this is us" but can't get over that the dad is Jess from Gillmore girls
    @sabriel1 I love This is Us! I actually watched that first and then randomly decided to binge Gilmore Girls in December. I'd never seen it. So when Jess was introduced I was like "how do I know this guy?!" Totally mind blown when I figured it out who he was!
    I had actually just binged it myself so I kept thinking, hey that guy is too young for Mandy Moore, who the hell cast this, where in reality Gilmore girls was filmed like years ago so the ages are probably not that different.

I'm also just finished the Handmaid's tale which incidentally includes another Gilmore girls alum

• sabriel1 said:
    sabriel1 said:
    I had actually just binged it myself so I kept thinking, hey that guy is too young for Mandy Moore, who the hell cast this, where in reality Gilmore girls was filmed like years ago so the ages are probably not that different.

I'm also just finished the Handmaid's tale which incidentally includes another Gilmore girls alum
    How was that? I've been wanting to watch it but I've been debating reading the novel first. 
  • @JandJ62914 it was great, I couldn't stop watching. I have read the book before which just left me wanting more so for that reason I enjoyed the show more than the book

• I'm heading to the library on Friday to grab some good books for distraction. Nothing too uber heavy or intellectual. Any recommendations? Baby-less books please! 
  • @mblomq2 aw man it's been a long time since I've read a book that wasn't parenting/ baby related. I'll follow your post! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • mblomq2 said:
    I'm heading to the library on Friday to grab some good books for distraction. Nothing too uber heavy or intellectual. Any recommendations? Baby-less books please! 
    I'm still into Young Adult Fiction but I really like Sarah Dessen!
  • We have been camping for a week. I'm sick of burgers and fish. I think I had one or two hot dogs too. 

Thanks to the "what are you craving" thread I am still majorly craving pizza. To the point that I can taste it in my mouth and amactively planning how to convince DH to drive the fortyminutes after work for pizza. 
  • clc515clc515 member
    mblomq2 said:
    I'm heading to the library on Friday to grab some good books for distraction. Nothing too uber heavy or intellectual. Any recommendations? Baby-less books please! 
    I liked The Rosie Project (but skip the follow up The Rosie Effect), which is a nice easy funny romcom read. Big Little Lies is good, though it involves children but not necessarily babies lol. The tv show was slightly different from the book, if that matters (I liked the book much more).