Infertility
Options

Any fellow nurses out there?

hi ladies! 
So I'm hopefully on track to do a FET in mid July, I have been on Lupron since day 21 and baseline US and blood work is tomorrow. I'm just wondering what you guys have done in the past post transfer. I work in a busy understaffed ICU so I'm constantly lifing patients and rolling them and doing CPR, how long was it until you were able to do this post transfer?? 

Re: Any fellow nurses out there?

• Options
    Enia11Enia11 member
    Take a day off on transfer day, would be my best advice! I went back to work the next day, feeling fine. But avoid lifting on your own. Although, I do it too, but it's not recommended, indeed.
  • Options
    I would check with your clinic's recommendations. I've seen some that say no activity restriction post transfer, and others with up to 48 hours strict bedrest post transfer. 98% of the time I NEVER lift alone, but in the 2% of the times that I do, it's an 80lb 80 YOF and I've trended the bed, max inflate, and scooch her up from the head of the bed using her chux pad :wink:
    ME: 33 / DH: 37
    MFI, NTNP x 10yrs
    6/2017: started IVF + ICSI cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/gonal-f/ovidrel)
    7/17/2017: ER, 16 eggs retrieved, 15 mature and ICSI'd, 7 fertilized. 
    7/22/2017: 1 fresh day 5 embryo transfer, rest of embryos arrested at day 4 morula stage
    7/31/2017: BFN
    August: DH started clomid
    November 2017: Started metformin for egg quality
    March 2018: Planning to do IVF + ICSI, antagonist with HGH, freeze at 2pn stage for 2018 FET
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @baker+RN I'm glad to see a fellow nurse out there! I would hate to take more than a week off because I don't get that much PTO! Have you already transferred?? 
  • Options
    @slmurphy12 I haven't transferred yet, plan to 7/20 or 7/22 depending on embryos and sperm. I have been working as a travel nurse so I've saved up some cushion. I know I'm lucky to be able to take the time off, however it's not paid. Does your hospital allow coworkers to donate PTO? Would that be an option for you?
    ME: 33 / DH: 37
    MFI, NTNP x 10yrs
    6/2017: started IVF + ICSI cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/gonal-f/ovidrel)
    7/17/2017: ER, 16 eggs retrieved, 15 mature and ICSI'd, 7 fertilized. 
    7/22/2017: 1 fresh day 5 embryo transfer, rest of embryos arrested at day 4 morula stage
    7/31/2017: BFN
    August: DH started clomid
    November 2017: Started metformin for egg quality
    March 2018: Planning to do IVF + ICSI, antagonist with HGH, freeze at 2pn stage for 2018 FET
  • Options
    I work on a rehab unit.  Due to our constant lifting my RE recommended I take the 2ww off.  So I did.  I took an unpaid personal leave.  But some people say 48 hours after is fine to go back.  

me:41 dh:42
    me:PCOS, blocked left fallopian tube, hyperprolactinemia  (dh's swimmers are perfect/normal)
    Tried 3 rounds of clomid with Ovidrel trigger (BFNs)
    May/June 2016 IVF   6/1 ER 7 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized via ICSI  6 embryos made it to blasts.
    6/6 2 AA embryos transfered, 4 BBs frozen
    Beta 6/18  -- BFN
    FET #1 August 22 BFN
    Dec 2016/Jan 2017 Round 2 was a bust. 6 eggs, Only 1 embryo made it, no transfer
    FET #2 cancelled 10/17 due to uterine polyps. Postponed until 9/2018 due to hip replacement.

FET #3 9/11/18 Uterine scratch and antihistamine protocol/lovenox done this time. 2 AA hatching blasts put in.  BFP 9/20/18!!