Pregnant after IF
Options

Twin Pregnancy Labor Options

So I need advice.... again lol 
How many of you that were twin pregnancies had the situation where Baby A came out and Baby B flipped and came out successfully? 

I am really struggling with making a decision as to what to do with my labor. 

Situation: 
Baby A is head down ready to go.
Baby B is breech and slightly bigger. 
STILL! 

He can try to flip him if he doesnt flip on his own, but we don't know what will happen. 
He can also try and deliever breech. There are options.... but they are all unknowns. 

We have been back and forth so many times. 

Would you just schedule the c-section and call it a day? Or try vaginal first and hope for the flip? And if no flip, the breech delievery? 

I am REALLY struggling with letting go of my hope/dream to deliver vaginally but obviously healthy babies is my number 1 goal. So torn and my horonones aren't helping, I'm so emotional over the decision.

if u have past experiences, good or bad, please tell me. 
Me 30 || DH 36
Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
-IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
-FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
-IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
-FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
**Changed doctor**
-IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
-IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
-Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
-IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
-Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
-IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

Re: Twin Pregnancy Labor Options

• Options
    My gut says try natural
    my head says do the c section
    i will most likely in the end do the c section! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited June 2017
    @Colleen0516 - Do what you feel is right in the moment. I was very conflicted and both of mine were head down. I had been through so much in my pregnancy that when it was time (33 weeks), I was just ready to know what to expect and that was a c-section. I knew I had DHs support no matter what I chose, so when the doctors asked me my choice I went with a c-section (I was 2cm dialated and in active labor). I dont regret going with the c-section because I knew that I was physically and metally exhausted. If you choose c-section I am here if you need advice. No choice is the wrong choice you will be in good hands. If you choose to try vaginal and you have to have a c-section you will have no regrets. If you choose a c-section you will know that you did what your mind told you was best. If you deliver vaginally you will have the ability to say you followed your dream. I promise there is no wrong answer you will be holding your babies either way and it will not matter. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Colleen0516 I was in your exact same position. I REALLY wanted a natural vaginal delivery and my MFM and I had a lot of discussions on the topic and he was willing if baby B went head down (which she finally did at 36 weeks) but then she flipped back at 37 weeks. At the time she was measuring almost 1/2 a pound more than baby A and nearly 8 lbs. My MFM was concerned that the twins were getting too large and they needed to come out. We talked a lot about a vaginal delivery and then a breach delivery or doing a version. He was concerned that with this being my first full term pregnancy and that baby B was measuring larger that doing a version would be much harder and that a breach delivery with a larger baby 2nd was going to set me up for problems. (If baby A was measuring larger he would be more willing to try for a vaginal delivery). After thinking about it what I really did NOT want was a double whammy vaginal/c-section. so even though it was not the birth I had hoped for I opted for a c-section. I made them ultrasound me the morning of my section just on the off chance she had flipped again. For me the c-section was a good experience and at the time of delivery baby B had moved transverse with her back down so I would have had a double whammy if I had tried for a vaginal. (that being said the twins were 6lb10oz(baby A) and 6lb5oz (baby B) at birth
         I guess my best advice is to talk about about all the scenarios and risks with your doc. Are you OK with the possibility of a vaginal and then a section? If your comforitable with the pros and cons then go for it. if not though it may not be the birth you had dreamed of like @kelrauh said you'll have your babies in your arms and that is what is important. GL and hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Well mine were both head down and baby a was smaller then b so they said that they would be able to get a out ok but b might be the problem and that they may have to do a csection anyway so they recommended a csection and that's what I went with it is he safest thing for both babies. I wanted to do natural but I also wanted the babies to be safe 
  • Options
    I ended up with a scheduled c-section at 32 weeks but at several points did want a vaginal birth. Here are somethings that I was told:
    • MFM explained that if vaginal and A comes out there's a vacuum created wherein baby B then has to fall through (for lack of better wording). MFM was concerned that they'd have to pull baby B by a shoulder down the canal. Depending on B's size that could risk hurting an arm/shoulder. 
    • MFM told me that all things being equal in my situation a c-section was slightly safer for babies but a vaginal was slightly safer for me. 
    • My OB informed me that there was a doctor on staff who prefers to give birth to twins when B is breached and if B isn't breached will actually turn the baby butt down. 
    All outcomes differ. Some women start pushing and ultimately end up with a c-section. My c-section was pretty uneventful. It was disappointing to not really see that babies come out, I initially could only hear them cry and was anxiously awaiting what felt like an eternity for someone to tell me they were both healthy. I did feel a let-down in terms of bonding b/c I had to wait 12 hours to see my babies (they were in NICU). B/c of the NICU I had to wait a bit longer to even get to hold them. My friend delivered twins vaginally and she had a very rough time. It was a long delivery with significant tearing. I guess there's no right or wrong answer. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    Not sure if this will help, but my baby was breech for most of his time inside.. then at week 37 he flipped.. YAY.. but they found out while I was in labor (2.5 days of labor mind you), that he had decided to flip to transverse.  They only figured that out when they did the c-section.  He was jumping up and down and wasn't "engaging". I'm thankful we decided to do the c-section after 2.5 days, but I did try for those days to have a natural vaginal birth.  It just wasn't in the cards.  Goodluck!
  • Options
    I haven't had the babies yet but can you ask the doctor what their experience is like in delivering twins?  Have they delivered them vaginally before?  Understanding your docs experience may make you more comfortable woth either choice.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers