February 2018 Moms
Options

VBAC Check In

Hey all! I've been wondering if any STM(+) had a c/s last time and are hoping for a VBAC this time. Or, have you had a VBAC already? I'd love to hear from anyone who is in the same boat! I saw this on another BMB and borrowed parts of it!

How far along are you?

How many c-sections have you had? How long has it been since your last c-section?

What were the circumstances? 

Is your hospital/doctor supportive of VBAC?

Have you had a successful VBAC before? Any advice for first timers?

GTKY; What would your baby's name be if named after one of your pregnancy cravings? 

Re: VBAC Check In

• Options
    I'll get it started!

How far along are you? 6+4

How many c-sections have you had? How long has it been since your last c-section?
    One...it's been 17 months. 

I found out at 40+3 that DD was breech. We scheduled a c/s for a few days later on 1/14, but I ended up in active labor on 1/13 and had her then!

Yes and they actually told me after DD was born that I'm a great candidate for a VBAC so I am hopeful. 

No

GTKY; What would your baby's name be if named after one of your pregnancy cravings?
    Cheese and crackers lol
  • Options
    lolapop2005lolapop2005 member
    edited June 2017
    I was just thinking of starting this thread! So I have two boys that both were delivered via c section. My first was planned because he has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. My second was an attempted vbac but I was in labor for four days(!) and 16 days late. We could never get my labor to kick into active labor and constantly had to try to stimulate my uterus to induce contractions, after all that I was barely a at 5 centimeters, so After four days we threw in the towel and I had a c section. It was awful. I'll spare you the details but I never want to go through one again. In the county I live in after you've had two sections it's "always a section" after that. So I'm actually seeing a birth center the next county (a different state technically) over. I'll have to drive an hour each way but idc, I don't want to deliver where I live. Even if I had to have a section again, I wouldn't want to use the dr's available to me here anyway. 
    eta: my last c section was 2 1/2 years ago. I'm just shy of six weeks I think right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    How far along are you?

4.6 weeks

17 months

Planned csection for breach bub

i hope so- I have not yet had my first appointment

no- just one child and this one brewing

Mcdonalds 
    :D 
  • Options
    Joon+Joon+ member
    How far along:  6 weeks tomorrow

How many c-sections/how long since:  One section/DS is nearly 2 1/2.

Circumstances:  I labored for ~36 hours, got to 10 cm, pushed for I don't even know how long, and tried the vacuum.  He was face up and good and stuck.  My only remaining options were forceps or c-section, and I wasn't comfortable with the risks of forceps.

VBAC supportive:  Not sure yet.  I am going through the midwives this time instead of the maternity clinic, so I'm thinking they probably will be.

Successful VBAC:  Nope, just the one kid so far.

GTKY:  Baby would be called Junk Food.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    How far along:  6 weeks 1 day

How many c-sections/how long since:  One - 14.5 months ago

Circumstances:  Found out that baby was super breech around 36 weeks. The big hard lump up between my ribs that I thought was a bum was actually a head. Wasn't comfortable with the idea of trying an inversion or going into labour only to end up needing an emergency c-section. We scheduled a section and our ob was great, we got everything we wanted and it was still very special.

VBAC supportive:  Yes, my ob told me I'm the perfect candidate. I plan on going to the chiropractor and physio this time around to make sure my hips are more aligned so baby has room to move. 

Successful VBAC:  Not yet.

GTKY:  My baby would probably be called sleep...
    DD - 4.15.16
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w 1d

How many c-sections have you had? How long has it been since your last c-section? 1 natural, no epi/no iv and one section

What were the circumstances? Surprise breech- got to the hospital at 10cm and ready to push- the cruddy resident scared me into a section 

Is your hospital/doctor supportive of VBAC? Yes

Have you had a successful VBAC before? Any advice for first timers? No, first VBAC, but had a natural delivery before and it was great!

GTKY; What would your baby's name be if named after one of your pregnancy cravings? Salsa

• Options
    How far along are you?

7 weeks 3 days

1; 20 months

Failure to decend. In labor for 24 hours, reached 10 cm and pushed for almost 2 hours. Neither my midwife or any of the nurses could determine her exact position. She was head down but still not coming out. They tried pitocin hoping it would make the contractions stronger to push her into place but it wasn't working. I spiked a fever and they were worried there was an infection so they had me have a c section. When they took her out, they found her positioned with her head trying to come out side ways. 

Yes. Im hoping to be a candidate. They said that they did my c section so I could have a VBAC next time. I guess I won't know until I go in. First appointment is on Tuesday. My recovery with my c section was awful and I don't want another. But DH is scared of the risks.

No, it was my first 

GTKY; What would your baby's name be if named after one of your pregnancy craving.

Milk

• Options
    @mbirdie Same! I thought the lump under my ribs was her butt, but it was actually her head lol. I didn't find out until after I was overdue though. They said I'm a great candidate for a VBAC also so here's hoping for both of us! 

@KLHauck12 My recovery wasn't too horrible, but I don't want another c/s either. I hated the experience of it. From the sensations you can feel to missing the first time DH held her and
    it being an hour between when she was born and when we did skin to skin...I didn't like it. Of course I'll do whatever is safest for both me and baby, but I will admit my hopes are high for a VBAC!
  • Options
    Yay! So glad about this post. :) I'm glad I scrolled a little this morning.

How far along are you?
    About 7 weeks based on conception, 8 weeks based on LMP.  (Dating ultrasound July 10th)

1, with my only child. It'll be 2 years on July 6th 

I got induced, my doctor had said nothing about c-sections at all. Was in labor for the 24 hours of his on-call, new doctor came and right away said.."How tall are you? I am not sure you will be having this baby naturally. (I am 4'10"1/2" ;)) Anyway, I progressed to about a 4 or 5 semi quickly....but just stayed there for hours and hours. At about 27-28 hours, my LO's heart rate started dropping randomly with every contraction, so we decided on a c-section to make sure if her safety. I am the most upset about the fact that both my H and I missed the birth, my epidural didnt work on half my body and they tried pushing more and tested me right before the c-section and I could feel it so they had to emergency put me under and send my husband out of the room  :'( ....So I just woke up and boom here's our baby! 

I believe our hospital is, I am very excited to go to my first appointment and talk to my doctor about it because I haven't yet but I've thought a lot about it. If it is possible for me, he will definitely let me. I also trust him if he says he doesn't think it will work. ( I honestly have no hips  :'( ) But I REALLY want to try, even if it takes me 3 days. 

Nope. 

Mt Dew?
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8 weeks

1, 6 years

My son had a fetal heart arythmia and his heart was not recovering and he stopped moving. Scariest shit of my life. I was 36 weeks. And I went through it alone. 

So they say. 

negative 

I don't have cravings yet. 

• Options
    I had a c section for my first successful pregnancy because his heart rate kept dropping during my contractions. That was 2 years ago. I hope I'm able to have a vbac. I'm still looking for the right doc. I don't have my first appt. Until Monday. No cravings so far.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6+4

Just one c-section and it was 20 months ago

I was almost 42 weeks and was in labour for 14 hours, fully dialated but baby's head was stuck. I tried pushing but nothing was working so we ended up opting for a c-section

Doctor is supportive of a VBAC

Have you had a successful VBAC before? Any advice for first timers? No

Peaches! Lol
  • Options
    One csection 22 months ago for failure to progress and 4 hours of pushing without him descending and spiking a fever...

Looking for a doc so will def only settle with a VBAC encourager. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6+4

One 18 months ago

30 hours of labor - dilated to 10 for hours - baby wouldn't defend and my BP went crazy

I need to have the conversation with him and his partner. During the surgery and at my follow up, he suggested not attempting because I was 10 for so long and pushed so long. I think it was due to being induced. I'm curious what their thoughts will be if I go into labor. Would it be an option? 

N/A

Tortilla chips and homemade salsa