Trouble TTC

Late trigger shot....HELP!

hoffmanr7hoffmanr7 member
edited June 2017 in Trouble TTC
I am so upset. I set a reminder on my phone to take my trigger shot last night at 11 since I can never stay awake that late.  I forgot my phone is set to automatically go into Do Not Disturb mode at 9, which apparently includes the notification sound for reminders. I realized it when I woke up at 4am and took my shot immediately in a panic, but it was 5 hours late.
The clinic I use is closed on weekends. They were going to open it up for us on Sunday just to do the IUI so I have no way to contact a nurse or anyone about what happens of its that late. I literally have no clue what to do except confess my stupidity Sunday 11am when the doctor walks in the door to do the procedure.
I'm trying to keep myself calm by reminding myself that his sperm should be fine hanging out in my tubes for 5 hours. Its not ideal, but it cant be anyworse than just doing timed intercourse, right??DH told me not to worry, that the last 2 IUIs, when everything was done perfectly failed so maybe a little off timing might give us some luck this time.

I keep cycling through bouts of calm resignation and sheer self loathing.

Did I just fuck up this whole cycle???????
Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
TTC #1 Since: April 2015
Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
Cycle 5: HSG-normal
              Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

Re: Late trigger shot....HELP!

• Oh No! I'm sure you didn't fuck it up. If you were doing IVF maybe, but it's not like the body responds in a precise way to the shot- you can ovulate in a range after taking it! Every time I've taken a trigger, I've panicked that I was doing it too soon - and I had the nurse do each one for me! 5 hours will not make a difference! And better 5 hours late than 5 hours early! 

That said, I'd be freaking out too. I always freak out until I can actually feel my ovulation, which I could on clomid. Like I'd be tense until I could feel the O a few hours after DH's treated sperm was safely past my cervix. 

Good luck! It's going to be ok!
  • @funkykey Thanks. I'm feeling much better this afternoon. 
    Unexplained Infertility

• Loading the player...
  • @hoffmanr7 oh no! I can understand why you would panic, I think it would too! Sperm does stay alive for a while though once it's where it should be, so I think it will be okay. Did you do your IUI this morning? What did the doc say and how did it go? 
  • We did the IUI today. I just didn't bring it up, partially because it wouldnt have changed anything and partially because I am a coward who chickened out. I had this irrational fear I would be mercilessly scolded for wasting their time. Highly irrational, I know, but I guess I didn't see what difference telling them would make....its not like we would have been able to reschedule it for later in the day since the andrology lab closed a little after 10am today and we still wanted to do the IUI and hope for the best. They didnt ask, so I didnt tell.

The IUI itself FRIGGIN sucked. I can't remember what they called it, but they had to use some clamp to help manipulate my cervix to get the cath in the right position. I cramped so bad, I was gritting my teeth the whole time. They did the same thing last time but I dont remember cramping that much. Now its just a waiting game
    Unexplained Infertility

• Sorry you had all of that drama this weekend and that you had so much cramping. I hope this is your cycle!!
    Pregnancy Ticker