Infertility
Options

Inositol Success???? PCOS????

Hello! So i am not sure where to post this, but has anyone taken inositol and have success getting pregnant? We are maxed out on trying with doctors, we have exhausted every opportunity... So now i am trying to see if there is a way to get pregnant naturally? This has been a 10year journey for us... we managed to have two perfect boys, from 7 rounds of ivf and 13 embryos... things have changed a bit since we first began trying, and my doctor has not heard of Inositol, but Dr. Google says it can work, i am just looking for real world success? Thanks ladies!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

Re: Inositol Success???? PCOS????

• Options
    cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited June 2017
    I've tried myoinositol for about six months but unfortunately have had no success with it. This was when I first visited an RE, where discovered that I had insulin resistance.  The RE wanted me to try on my own to control blood sugar with changes in diet and exercise and she also wanted me to go on the supplement. The one I took was called Pregnitude. After switching to another RE, I was promptly placed on metformin. Have you tried metformin? May not work with PCOS patients without insulin resistance but it's worth a try. For me pregnitude cost me about $40 a month whereas metformin was only $2 as it was covered by insurance. Even without insurance coverage, it's about $30 I think. 

Another option is to try clomid or letrozole without monitoring, if you want to keep the cost down. The oral fertility drugs are really cheap.

Im sorry I can't be of any help to you, good luck!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! I'm on an off month from meds and started myo inositol to see if it would help some, at least make me ovulate on my own. Dreading the IVF route...figured it was worth a shot!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read It Starts With The Egg and started taking myo-inositol in addition to some of the other supplements the author recommends.  I take 4g a day, half in the morning and half at night.  

I am trying to get pregnant after a loss, so I'm not sure if it's the supplements or the recent pregnancy, but in my second cycle after the loss I ovulated on CD 26 (rather than my usual CD40 - CD50).  I definitely think myo-inositol is worth a try.  (I'm losing significantly less hair since starting the supplements, so it seems like they're doing something good!)
  • Options
    Hello ladies,  I too have PCOS and have tried metformin and clomid which worked when DH I was trying naturally a few years back. 
    TW** I had 3 previous ectopic pregnancies which resulted in me not having any fallopian tubes**
    I read It starts with the Egg recently as well and will be trying the myo-inositol but waiting until we have our first appointment with an RE in a week or so. 
    @eller-2 what did you mean by losing less hair? What gave you hair loss if you don't mind me asking?  
    Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546

• Options
    Hello~ I Tried MetFormin and it worked for a few months. Trying to find a natural path as well. I have been doing a lot of  aromatherapy/essential oils in my diffuser. Ive heard it is suppose to help. Also something I'm trying is an herbal tea made with Red Clover and Vitex Berries. 
    Maybe something to research? 
    Sorry to not be more helpful :/ 

• Options
    @mrsa2017, sorry for the slow response.  I assumed my increase in hair loss was due to PCOS - I noticed after going off the pill that I was losing much more hair in the shower than usual.  My hair actually thinned out quite a bit.  I'm not sure if it'll get thicker, but I seem to be losing a lot less each shower since starting myo-inositol (and some other supplements recommended in the book).
  • Options
    Wow I didn't know that.  I guess it causes excessive hair growth in some places and hair loss in others @eller-2 I wish I could lose this facial hair smt
    Tubal Infertility

• Options
    I think that's right, unfortunately, @mrsa2017
  • Options
    Oh yes yes I have mild pcos and would usually ovulate but my cycle were 28-50 days apart. I also have cystic acne with some facial hair. My AMH is quite high too. Never had trouble with weight though, Anyways I started taking myo inositol about a year ago. 4,000 mg a day of the Premama brand. It gets a bit spendy because you will need two boxes a month to get the recommended 4,000 mg. After about six months into taking it my acne has drastically improved, some of the hair I always had to pluck has not returned and I now get a positive  ovulation test every cycle on either cd 14 or 15. My cycles have never been this regular in my entire life and they have consistently stayed this way for at least the past 8 months. I swear I have more ewcm too. It has to be the myo inositol because I haven't changed anything else. I recommend giving it a try but stick with it at least 6 months because it took time and every month my symptoms seemed to get a little better.
    Me (34) My Man (37)
    TTC with IVF due to MFI and Mild PCOS

IVF #1 - scheduled November 2017

• Options
    I will definitely be ordering it, thank you @NandJ4Ever
    Tubal Infertility