November 2017 Moms
Options

Struggling with hypothyroidism?

kryan000614kryan000614 member
edited June 2017 in November 2017 Moms
I am 17.5 weeks and i just found out i have a severe case of hypothyroidism. I am scared the damage to the brain has already been done. Has anyone else gone through this? I want to be the best mom I can be but i feel i have taken away my childs full potential because of this. 

Answers

• Options
    Did the dr prescribe a dose for you? I have borderline hypothyroidism but I've been on medication for a while and my dr checks every month. Make sure you get regular check ups. 

As for worrying about damage, I don't know much about it but at this point the best you can do is address the issue and get your thyroid levels where they should be. 

• Options
    What @ShePersisted said. 

Also, I just suffered through some nasty symptoms because they upped my levo by a little too much. If you start feeling awful in some way, that's not normal. I don't know if they'll start you on a high dose to bring your levels down, but even if it takes a while to get there, don't settle for feeling awful. I personally react with anxiety and racing heart symptoms. These then brought on Braxton hicks. Lowered my dose and went back to normal super quickly. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had hypothyroidism with DS2 and was put on synthroid. I actually forgot all about that until now. I never told my OB (I am in a different OB office) about that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker