Babies on the Brain
Options

Read, Watch, Craft - June 22

Since it seems to be a little slow today I thought I would bring this post back

Talk to us...
Reading any good books lately? Are you currently reading anything? Anything on the to read list?

Do you have any craft projects you are currently/want to start working on?

Do you have any home improvement/projects around your house you are working on?

Watch anything good lately? TV? Movies? Netflix? 

Re: Read, Watch, Craft - June 22

• Options
    Reading any good books lately? Are you currently reading anything? Anything on the to read list? I read a Ricardo cooking magazine a couple of days ago. I'm currently into binge watching Netflix.

Do you have any craft projects you are currently/want to start working on? I would like to start something that I can do while watching tv, but I haven't figured out what that is just yet.

Do you have any home improvement/projects around your house you are working on? We are currently trying to get our backyard ready. We built a raised garden bed and the plants are doing great. I'd like to buy a slide for DD and some trees to give us some privacy from the neighbours. We live in a newly built neighbourhood and no one is planting any trees! 

Watch anything good lately? TV? Movies? Netflix? I'm binge watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. I find it has just enough drama/fluff to keep my mind from BOTB in the evenings. And as most of you know I'm going to go see Wonder Woman tonight, I'm super excited about that.
  • Options
    Reading any good books lately? Are you currently reading anything? Anything on the to read list? I want to read something fun but a new class starts this week so I am hesitant because I have 2 books I have to read for that :/

Do you have any craft projects you are currently/want to start working on? I have a monthly subscription for a card/paper craft. The box came a few days ago so I am hoping to get around to that soon. 

Do you have any home improvement/projects around your house you are working on? I really need to do a playroom and closets purge. But so far I have zero motivation to get that going.

Watch anything good lately? TV? Movies? Netflix? I just finished Handmaid's Tale - I loved it, so well done.

@ChloandCoco - Have fun at Wonder Woman!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reading any good books lately? Are you currently reading anything? Anything on the to read list?
    I'm reading The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. It's ok. Funny-ish, but I'm not really learning anything that I didn't already know. It would be good for someone who doesn't obsessively stalk BMBs though.

Not currently!

I just ordered our patio furniture! DH tends to do most of the home improvement stuff. I just do decorative things and buy furniture. We all play to our own strengths!

I recently watched The Village. It was terrible.
  • Options
    @JennyColada - Your temp went up today?! WTAF???

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @JennyColada - I read "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, and thought it was really funny. There were parts of that book that I read to DH to give him a better idea of what was going to happen.
  • Options
    @notthefather I KNOW. It was never this high pre-O. Plus still no AF and I'm 16DPO. This is getting absurd. 
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco How was Wonder Woman? We're hoping to go see that soon!

@glitzandglitter Are there any short books you can read that'll only take you a day or so? Or something you can read for a bit and then put down?

@JennyColada Well, that's even ruder than the temp drop! I hope you get an answer soon one way or another!

Reading any good books lately? Are you currently reading anything? Anything on the to read list? I finished Handmaid's Tale in a day last week and am still working on 1984 (I keep putting it down because I get annoyed with it). I'm also reading What If? by Randall Munroe, who writes one of my favorite webcomics. I got a bunch of e-books from Amazon through my Prime subscription. Not sure if I get to keep them forever, but I have them for now!

Do you have any craft projects you are currently/want to start working on? We've got a new puzzle to work on, just need to clear off the table. I also need to re-do the storage unit I made for my tsum tsums. It didn't hold up very well.

Do you have any home improvement/projects around your house you are working on? Nope! We just want to get a new bookshelf at some point.

Watch anything good lately? TV? Movies? Netflix? We literally just finished watching Logan. I thought it was great, and the ending was so sad, but such a wonderful send-off for Hugh Jackman. I want to watch Handmaid's Tale, but we don't have Hulu.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I have a real problem putting them down :/ and I just got an email with assigned reading for grad school :( I am planning to sneak a book or two in when the summer semester semester is over. I will have a few weeks before the fall semester starts.
    How was the Handmaid book? It is on my to read list
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter That was honestly what happened with me and Handmaid's Tale. I was at the end of it and DH wanted to do something and I'm like "I'M ALMOST DONE SHUT UP". It was very good, but it made me want to punch a wall fairly often. Honestly, What If? might work for you for putting it down. Each chapter is a different "What if (fill in the blank)" question that his readers submitted over time, and he answers them in a scientific manner. The one I've got next is "If every person on Earth aimed a laser pointer at the Moon at the same time, would it change color?"
  • Options
    @JennyColada it's dated but I read Jenny Macarthys book when I was pregnant and thought it was fun. I also read GGTP. 

I'm a slow reader so I just do a book at a time. I'm reading an older Mary Higgins Clarke called I've Heard Tgat Song Before. Oh I am working through all the original Sherlock Holmes to. There are a lot of those so that will take me awhile. I think a Castillo series is going to be my next library find.

I wish I could craft. I'll probably try and learn knitting again here soon though. Or maybe I'll do buy some cross stitch supplies that's what I enjoy.

We still have finished painting the basement. I need to do second coat of trim in playroom. And both coats of door frames and trim in hall area. Not a lot I just haven't done it. 

Baseball season puts a squash on that. We're planning to start Sherlock soon though.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ - Wonder Woman was a lot of fun! I would recommend it, but it's quite cheezy at times.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco I think almost every superhero movie has its cheesy moments :D
  • Options
    I listen to audiobooks at work, which is pretty sweet.  I just finished one that was called a mystery, but ended up being a romance novel.  I am not a fan of romance anyway, and it was super uncomfortable to listen to the sex scenes through my headphones while my coworkers are a few feet away.  I had to repeatedly check that my headphones were properly plugged in.  But I'm a trooper, so I had to finish the book.  And I needed to solve the mystery.

I read the Handmaid's Tale years ago and have been really wanting to reread it.  But the only "reading" I do is audiobooks from the library, and they don't have it.  I also really want to watch it, but we don't have Hulu either.  

Also, I love xkcd!  Have you read the Thing Explainer?  It's really funny, too.

I just finished sewing a pair of aprons for my brother-in-law and his fiancee.  She's having a shower tomorrow, and we're only supposed to bring recipes, but I couldn't resist.  I think they turned out pretty cute, although I kept measuring or cutting wrong, and I ran out of time to add pockets.

I keep wanting to bug DH about fixing our awning and meeting with a landscaper about our backyard full of dirt and weeds.  He's on summer vacation, so he has lots more free time.  But he's got other stuff going on that's stressing him out, so I think we're just going to have to wait another year.

YES.  I'm currently watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix.  I'm in the middle of the third season, and it's this odd mix of super crazy telenovela drama and super relatable real life stuff.  But it's really funny.

Also, we saw Wonder Woman for our anniversary, and I agree with the recommendations.  It's really cool to finally have a really awesome female super hero.  And the cheesiness is quite reasonable.
  • Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited June 2017
    Shut up @Secretstapler! I have a really hard time reading actual books but love audiobooks and listen to them all the time. I've been in your exact situation- mystery book turned graphic- and it made me SO uncomfortable. BUT I'm not a quitter so I had to finish it. I bought some wireless bluetooth earbuds for work so no one even knows when I'm listening.
    I saw your comment about being jealous of your husband's schedule. I'm exactly the same. My university is really generous with leave and even lets us work 4, 10 hour days in the summer so I can't complain. My husband also coaches football though so he still works at least 3 days a week all summer. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @Secretstapler I haven't read Thing Explainer! I'll have to see if I can find it :) I'm heading to the actual bookstore tonight. I wonder if Audible might have a copy of Handmaid's Tale? I know they usually do free trials and stuff, so maybe. I totally understand having unexpected dirty stuff pop up in your books. A certain person I know keeps actual erotica on their Kindle and reads it at work on their lunch break. I keep telling this person that it's inappropriate, and they don't listen.
  • Options
    @notthefather and @dreamscapes_ I actually love reading actual books, but I just don't have time these days and I like multitasking.  It's hard to do much else while reading a book.  I can do all kinds of things while listening to a book.  I'm pretty sure my coworkers think I'm listening to music while I work, though, which is good.  I do think it is best to avoid really racy stuff at work, but the really important thing is that nobody knows that you're reading it.  If they know, because you're reading it in front of everyone, then you need to stop.  And that's a good idea to check audible for the Handmaid's Tale.

Yeah, I whine about not getting summer vacation, but my boss is super flexible about my hours and lets me come and go as I please as long as I get everything done, so I come in late or leave early most days.  I gotta say, I'm glad my husband is not a football coach, practice all summer would be awful.  He is in theatre rehearsals for most of June, but he should have a lot more free time come July.
  • Options
    @Secretstapler That makes sense! I just have a hard time focusing on audio sometimes, lol. That's good that your boss is flexible about summer hours! What's your husband rehearsing for? :)
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ He's part of a theatre company that's trying a new thing and doing a podcast.  They've written and recorded 9 episodes so far, and are performing the last episode live at the end of the week.  My husband is directing.  He prefers acting, but has trouble committing to that much rehearsal with our one year old.