November 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 6/22

2»

Re: UO Thursday 6/22

• Options
    Maybe this goes under confessions...? Why am I obsessed with the drag queen makeup videos that are in my Facebook feed? Why can't I do perfect makeup?!  Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like Sherlock. 

I've tried. Really, I have. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't like Sherlock. 

I've tried. Really, I have. 
    SAME. 

• Options
    Agreed @NYTino24. The special character nonsense gets annoying. 

• Options
    @NYTino24 same here.  It's too much work 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Most EOS that I have experienced give me killer headaches or make me feel nauseous. I think the smell is just too strong. 
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    Chipotle: I only have had it once and didn't mind it but it's like an upscale Taco Bell in my mind. 
    EOs: I use tea tree oil shampoo for myself and my dog and it works wonders but not sure if that counts as EO and definitely not MLM. When my Maltese isn't shaved down she gets yeast growth on her paws and nails from her hair trapping moisture from the grass/dirt. And I have an oily scalp/hair but dandruff so it's hard to balance. I have thought of diffusing oils but just as an alternative to candles which produce pollutants and make the air shitty from burning. I've also thought about using them for cleaning but never actual medical remedies. 
    Push present: I'd definitely like something as simple as a nice meal after. So far my pregnancy hasn't been hard at all (no m/s) so I don't get special treatment (nor to I expect it) but I know after delivering all attention will be on baby and I'd like my efforts validated. That sounds whiney and it probably is so maybe that's an u/o. I do hate the term though.

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    KLink15 said:

My UO is it's weird to me when people who arent married or heading in that general direction buy a house together... A friend of mine bought a house with her boyfriend but they have zero plans of marriage any time in the near future. Like I know each person has their own beliefs on marriage but it's just weird to me....
    Unless having to deal the aftermath of a breakup/selling off property doesn't seem like a big deal to them (like, maybe if they were in the business of flipping homes or something) that just seems like setting yourself up for SUCH a headache! I mean, unless they have an understanding that they'll be together long term without a marriage. But it doesn't sound like that. Sound I think it's weird too. 
    We bought a house before we were engaged or talking about engagement. We got engaged about 2 years after buying. But, we had been together for 7 years and wanted to have more space/stop renting. It worked out pretty well for us and, in retrospect, kept us from spending down payment money on a wedding. People all have different circumstances and different stories and different beliefs about what's most important in life. 
    I guess I would assume that most people who've been together for 7 years plan on being together long-term, no!?!? That's a long time!  :D
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    KLink15 said:

My UO is it's weird to me when people who arent married or heading in that general direction buy a house together... A friend of mine bought a house with her boyfriend but they have zero plans of marriage any time in the near future. Like I know each person has their own beliefs on marriage but it's just weird to me....
    Unless having to deal the aftermath of a breakup/selling off property doesn't seem like a big deal to them (like, maybe if they were in the business of flipping homes or something) that just seems like setting yourself up for SUCH a headache! I mean, unless they have an understanding that they'll be together long term without a marriage. But it doesn't sound like that. Sound I think it's weird too. 
    We bought a house before we were engaged or talking about engagement. We got engaged about 2 years after buying. But, we had been together for 7 years and wanted to have more space/stop renting. It worked out pretty well for us and, in retrospect, kept us from spending down payment money on a wedding. People all have different circumstances and different stories and different beliefs about what's most important in life. 
    Lol see that makes sense to me, but they had been together 3 years and had almost split 3 times... Like he is planning on buying his family's business and she is like 100% doesn't want anything to do with it because she doesn't know what the future holds for them... Like you guys bought a house together.... I dunno it's just odd. Like again to each their own I just feel like if you don't have some kind of idea of commitment whether it's engagement, marriage or your own version of a commitment agreement it is just setting up for a mess.
  • Options
    I will more than likely get flamed for this but I hate when I start reading a comment and it starts with "you guys".  I hear it in a whiny teenager voice, I'm a woman/lady, or I hear it from The Goonies.  
  • Options
    I will more than likely get flamed for this but I hate when I start reading a comment and it starts with "you guys".  I hear it in a whiny teenager voice, I'm a woman/lady, or I hear it from The Goonies.  
    I'm 100% guilty of this, you guys :D

Oh man I do it, I so do. Lol and I am dying laughing at the Sloth gif because my husband and I always do that to be silly. I will probably still do it but I will giggle about this when I do, it's just one of those phrases for me! Sorry lol
  • Options
    @KLink15 I get a similar feeling when highschoolers give puppies as promposal gifts.
    This is a thing?! WHY

I have zero tolerance for pets as presents unless the gift giver is prepared to take full responsibility for the pet if it doesn't work out. 
    It is totally thing and also annoys me, as someone who volunteers for an animal rescue it makes me painfully angry.
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited June 2017
    Pets as gifts are a bad idea. I got a Newfoundland puppy when I was 17, my dad got him in exchange for me agreeing to commute from home for college. Except 17 year old me never expected to marry an Army officer when I was 21 and move to Korea. He lived with my parents for a while because shipping him would have cost thousands one way and Korea isn't big dog friendly. My parents divorced last fall, my dad couldn't care for him while working 12+ hour days and my mom didn't care. I had to rehome him through a breed rescue so at least he never had to stay at a shelter or foster home. 17 year old me wasn't mature enough to think about what owning a 150+ lb dog would mean as far as moving (especially military life/moving), trying to rent quality housing, etc.    

edited for spelling
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Pets as presents are a NO NO unless it has be thoroughly discussed beforehand. Animals are not objects or belongings. This honestly drives me insane. People giving bunnies as Easter gifts is along the same line and absolutely horrible. 
  • Options

I am a day late but I will be expecting or buying my own push present (from joint funds) when this baby gets here.  I am making a lot of personal sacrifices to bring this baby into the world so something pretty or shiny to acknowledge those sacrifices will be appreciated/expected.  I knew what I was getting into when we decided we wanted to have a baby, but I didn't realize I would be giving up so much of myself to attain it. I want to feel like I am still important when everyone else is focusing on the baby.

Pity Party of 1 over here.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsrundmc I mean, valid point. I'm kind of soaking up the attention while it's still on me because I know once baby is here I will become an afterthought. No one will come over to see me, they will come over to see the baby.

• Options
    @slaven We "rescued" both our dogs from people PCSing that couldn't take them (allegedly.) I see a disgusting amount of people getting rid of their dogs on base or even some people just leaving them behind alone. It's so sad and something I never realized was so common. This base has a fb page and I even see people living in barracks wanting to adopt a dog and kennel it full time just so they can play with it on the weekends when they have off. I never realized how big of an issue this sort of thing actually is. I know your situation was completely different (we would probably leave ours with family if we were overseas as well) but people act like dogs are objects they can leave behind easily. 
  • Options
    @angkay711, I live in the Denver area, as well! I love Chipotle, but hubby hates he. He definitely prefers Qdoba. 
    **Bonnie**
    Married Sept 13, 2009
    TTC since Jan 2010
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS Oct 2010
    1500mg metformin
    SA 05/25/11 morphology @ 10%
    HSG 06/02/11, tubes were clear, uterine septum discovered
    06/30/11 Hysteroscopy, found a polyp blocking R fallopian tube
    07/20/11 Successful surgery to remove polyp and uterine septum!
    Sept/Oct cycle-Femara IUI turned into TI cycle= cancelled due to unresponsive follies
    09/28/11: dx w/ MTHFR (cc)
    10/22/11: IUI #1 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+ diluted hcg shots= BFN :-(
    03/25/12: IUI #2 w/ Femara + Menopur + trigger+progesterone= BFN
    Starting to pursue adoption