October 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Showers

Anyone starting to plan (or the host starting to plan) or a date picked? How's it going? Anyone not having one or having a non-traditional one?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Showers

• Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    We are having ours mid-September - I'm having to get involved in the planning because my MIL and stepMIL both want to be host/help. I don't want to them to throw separate showers because I'll already have two (one from my family who is all in Texas, one from his family who is all here in Michigan) and that's enough! But my MIL doesn't like my stepMIL, so it's a disaster leaving it to them to co-host alone, I don't want to just pick one of them, and I don't want to foist that situation on a friend. Yay for family drama! It's really not that bad, I'm just delegating who's in charge of what (MIL has "operations" because she's super organized- guest list, RSVPs, reservations; stepMIL has decor because she's super DIY/crafty) and letting them run with it and running interference when needed.

So far, the only thing decided is holding it at the city park and having a relaxed country/BBQ theme. Oh and co-ed. I don't know why, but showers and birthday parties for me make me uncomfortable (no issue with going to them for others). We didn't have a wedding shower and we really are only having baby showers because the family wants us to (which is very sweet so happy to oblige).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hubs' cousin is doing us one in august (after most ppl's vacations and before the back to school madness). This is our 3rd so it won't be huge, just mostly family and all we need is clothes and postpartum stuff for me. (calm mama tea. = yes please).   We're having it at their house, but we can't have it in the yard due to a MAJOR tick infestation. (kids walked to the end of the driveway and back to get the mail and one of them had 7 TICKS on her from just walking in the DRIVEWAY.) 

I have to get addresses together...I hate getting addresses together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 2 already!   :o. One by my coworkers (since I don't be returning in the fall) and a family one back home.  I know they're super early, but that's really all that worked for timing.  They were both really nice and it was nice to celebrate with everyone!
  • Options
    we will be having a Sprinkle in early Sept.  This is second baby but our first is a girl and new lo will be a boy.  Also 1st boy on my side of the family so everyone is very excited.  My mom and sister are planning and i know it will be baseball/football themes aka NY Giants and NY Yankees
  • Options
    Not having one, this is my second and gender is the same so seems unnecessary and my MIL is very verbal about how inappropriate she feels 2nd showers are, and I'd rather skip all the drama, lol. 
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited June 2017
    This is our 2nd and they're close in age, so most likely not getting a shower. But this one is a boy, so my mom might decide to do something small with my immediate family. I'm going to my bff's shower tomorrow and i went crazy at target buying stuff lol. I'm so exicted for her!
  • Options
    We're having a coed shower the Sat of labor day weekend. I worry ppl will be out of town but it's happening in my MIL backyard since we live in NYC and most of us are in apartments so her space is most convenient.

His cousin is starting a party decorating business and begged us to let her plan it so she can get her name out there, so we agreed. It'll be baseball themed (mostly Yankees) and I'm kinda agonizing over what to wear.

I feel like everyone will expect me in a dress but I really want a casual affair. I'd rather wear cute pants and this Yankees maternity shirt I bought. Also his cousin wants to do invites but I rather make it a FB event and invite ppl rather than mail out invitations.
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @winterecho motherhood has a cute light weight blue dress I just order...I'm wearing it to my sprinkle and I believe it is still 40% off
  • Options
    Mine is in 2 weeks which is crazy early, but it's the only time I'll be back "home" in Oklahoma with both sides of the family. My sister, mom, and MIL are planning it and all I know is the location and the time. Everything else is a secret!