Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday - June 21

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? If you're not married, what's one thing you would require happen/exist at your wedding?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - June 21

• Options
    izza2izza2 member
    I hope you guys don't mind I started this!

Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? 
    Nursing school

Another 1.5-2 months

Good!

Any R/R?
    H told me last night that he was imagining what he'd be like as a daddy. I pointed out that he's already a daddy, considering we have DSS, and he said, "yeah, but I meant a daddy to a baby, not a mini-adult". Which was both hilarious (because DSS is 8 going on 40) and heart-warming.

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? If you're not married, what's one thing you would require happen/exist at your wedding?
    I would've had my hair done differently. I loved the updo I had at the time, but now I wish I'd done something different.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    That is adorable of your husband @izza2!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@izza2 - Thanks for starting WWW this week :)

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Just waiting for the timing to be right...

How long do you think you'll be here? Well it depends :/  According to DH's timeline we could start next cycle. But I am up for a position at work that would require me to start TTC in August. I am hoping I hear soon.

How have things been going? The struggle is real ladies! Now that I am getting closer it is harder to wait. Also, I am home on summer break so I have more time to think about it which is not helping. 

Any R/R? see above

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? If you're not married, what's one thing you would require happen/exist at your wedding? I would have gotten more pictures. There was this pretty area not far from the venue with a fountain that would have been gorgeous for pictures but it was really hot and it had rained just a tiny bit earlier so I was afraid of the possibility of mud and I did not want to get all hot before the reception started.

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member

Are you benched or TTA? TTA in a lame way at the moment, sort of rhythm method, sort of pull and pray  

What brings you here?  Waiting for a financial miracle to afford another baby.  I told DH that I have a genius plan; one of us just needs to make 10k more a year!  Easy! haha   

How long do you think you'll be here? Hoping not much longer than the end of summer 

How have things been going?  Okay.  Sigh, I'm going to vent.  I'm sort of all over the place with my wanting another baby.  My insides want one so bad most of the time.  Then I start to feel like I can't imagine taking my time away from DD and I need to soak up as much one on one time with her as possible.  I also have a SD who I love, but during the time she's with her mother and its just DD things seem so easy and another baby sure would change that!  There's also my age, I'll be 35 in July and its causing a ton of pressure on me. DH thinks we have all the time in the world to have another baby!  I also stress about our living situation.  We rent a tiny three bedroom house.  We can technically afford another baby if we stay where we are, don't save any money, and don't buy a house for years but its going to be super tight space wise.  I drive myself crazy over thinking everything and when I talk to DH he's like "everything will be fine, we're going to have another baby, we'll figure it out, everything will fall into place."  His positiveness drive me crazy! haha   

Any R/R? ^ 

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? If you're not married, what's one thing you would require happen/exist at your wedding? I did the big wedding the first time around and it didn't feel like any of it was "me".  DH and I got married in his parents living room, his sister married us and it was just our immediate family.  I did my own flowers the night before, I was about 6.5 months pregnant and had to get a new dress like a week and a half before bc the original one I bought I out grew (and the seamstress couldn't let it out), I did my own make up.  It was more perfect and I was happier than I could ever imagine.  The only change would be more pictures, we only have a couple of pictures that are sort of blurry.    

• Options
    @izza2 I don't think it really matters around here who starts the threads. At least, not that I've noticed? I could be wrong. That is really adorable about your DH :) What sort of updo did you have at your wedding?

@glitzandglitter When will you hear about the new position? Is there anything you can do to keep your mind off of TTC? I understand about the heat and rain during your pictures. We had our wedding at a community center attached to a park, and they had this little pier with a lighthouse. We wanted pictures there, but it was too hot to walk all the way over.

@KFrob I honestly don't have any advice about your situation :( I do understand the age thing, though. I just turned 33 a few weeks ago, so it's on my mind. I'm sure that you guys will figure it out, one way or another. I have heard similar things about wanting to give your child as much one on one time as you can from several of my friends who have kids. I just personally have no experience with that yet. Your second wedding sounds lovely!

Are you benched or TTA? Benched!

What brings you here? Waiting to go back to work and get my chronic back pain under control.

How long do you think you'll be here? It's looking like probably not past October or November now!

How have things been going? Baby-wise, about the same as always. Still wanting babies, and my friends who have itty bitty ones keep sending me pictures, and it's like "Staaaaaahp, you're not helping, but omg so cute".

Any R/R? I got a call from HR! I go back to work on July 9! I'm going to be at Animal Kingdom doing attractions. I also saw my pain doctor yesterday, and he changed up my meds again. Hopefully these ones will help more. We'd gone straight to one of the parks yesterday after my appointment, and it was so late when we got out that we didn't stop to get them filled, so I'm gonna head over to Walgreens in a bit to take care of it.

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? Ultimately, the end result (the most important thing) was achieved, which was, of course, what we wanted. But things just kept going sideways, mostly because of my mom. We also had a dry wedding (both for budget reasons and the fact that we don't drink and have several family members who are functioning alcoholics), and my sister and uncle (two of those functioning alcoholics) went across the street to a bar for drinks repeatedly throughout the wedding. We're planning to eventually have a vow renewal so we can do it the way we want, and not the way the budget demands it.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @izza2 - Thanks for starting this! And the conversation you had with your DH is super cute.
    @glitzandglitter - Hopefully you can find things to do to keep your mind occupied until you hear back about the position.
    @KFrob - I'm sorry you have all this uncertainty in your life right now. It's definitely scary when there's so much unknown going on.
    @dreamscapes_ - Congrats again on hearing back from HR and getting a new position!

Are you benched or TTA? Benched/Limbo

What brings you here? MC two weeks ago

How long do you think you'll be here? Mid-July, if my cycle goes back to normal. We've decided to wait one cycle to make sure my body is super fresh.

How have things been going? Things have been going pretty good. I feel at ease with everything and I'm hoping to stay busy with home organization stuff. Last week I cleaned out our junk room and this week it's DD's room and bathroom that way we can start storing her stuff in her room rather than all over the house.

Any R/R? Rave - We moved our date night to tomorrow instead of Friday and I can't wait to go out for dinner and a movie.

I've been married for 6 years, so I've had a lot of time to think about this, haha! I wish my hair was styled differently and I wish the food was better.
  • Options
    @Kfrob - I hear ya! I turn 35 next week  :# I also am feeling the pressure
    @dreamscapes_  I don't know :( I think that is what is so frustrating about the whole thing! I do not want my principal to know (or anyone IRL really) to know we are going to be TTC. She is not very understanding about maternity leave. I have 2 days of meetings coming up next month so I am hopeful I can fins out then. I am so excited to hear HR finally called you!! FX your new meds are amazing and work wonders for your pain.
    @ChloandCoco - Laundry is helping to keep my mind off it today lol. Yay! For date night! What movie are you going to see?
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter - Wonder Woman! I'm really excited! The last movie I saw in theaters was Rogue One. So DH and I are definitely due for another movie.
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited June 2017

@glitzandglitter Hope you can find out soon about the job and when you can TTC. I know limbo can be the hardest thing!

@Kfrob Oh gosh, I hear you on so many of your conflicted thoughts!  I 100000% want another baby, but there are so many logistical issues.  We rent a tiny 2 bedroom apartment and will *just* be able to afford daycare for two plus our rent and have the kids share a room for a while.  So it would be ideal if I could wait another year or so and really get established at the next level/pay scale of my career, *but* I'm 36, and not only do we want 2 kids, we may (we'll see) want three, so time is not on our side.  It's just just crazily complicated.  The reason I pushed back TTC to December is partially due to all of those logistical things (I'll have an opportunity for a promotion in October, I want to save more for 2 in daycare and possibly moving, etc.)  But I feel like no matter what option I chose there are significant logistical challenges.

@dreamscapes_ Yay for going back to work and yay for pain meds!!  And Oct/Nov will be here before you know it!  I'll be starting to TTC the first week of December, so maybe we'll be TTC at the same time.  Nice to know people who will be around then.  :)

@chloandcoco Yay for Wonder Woman date night - we're trying to see that this weekend too!  And yay for mid July TTC - it'll be here before you know it!

Are you benched or TTA? 

TTA

What brings you here? 
    Waiting out the baby fever while TTC is on hold until early December.

Until early December, which is only about five months (as I keep reminding myself.)

Okay.  Working on my duel goals of losing weight and finishing writing projects, but that's been a struggle as DD continues not sleeping well due to teething and what I just think is a sleep regression at this point.

Any R/R?
    Rants: I just would like one full night of sleep for once.  My husband and I have been switching off with the wake ups, but she's typically waking up twice a night, for about an hour or hour and a half each time, so we're both exhausted.  Raves...at least I have plenty of time now to achieve my goals, even with this stall out due to exhaustion?

GTKY: If you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? I would've bought a nicer dress.  I like my dress okay, but I was trying to save money and it was not my ideal at all.  I wish I would've just put a dress on a credit card.  It'd be all paid off now and I'd have the photos forever.  Otherwise, it was perfect!  We eloped in Edinburgh, Scotland, and it was seriously magical. It even snowed!

• Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @dreamscapes_ - I had a braid going around the top of my head in the front, and then a cute little bun thing with some tendrils falling. It was cute, but it didn't really go with my wedding dress, if that makes sense.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023