October 2017 Moms
Options

workout check in 6-19

1. how was last week?  what are your plans for this week?

2. how are you feeling?

3. GTKY: best athletic accomplishment

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: workout check in 6-19

• Options
    1. how was last week?  what are your plans for this week? It went fine, but the weather has been so hot that it's taking a little more out of me.  I went to the Olympic lifting class Saturday morning and it wiped me out.  It was only technical work, no heavy weights whatsoever, but I was out of breath.  I took a nap as soon as I got home.
    I'm planning on going twice this week because of the heat.  I went this morning and I plan on going Wednesday morning (when it's not too bad), otherwise I'd be going when it's getting close to 110 degrees.  No thanks, I'm good.

2. how are you feeling?  
    Okay, other than the heat taking it out of me.  We test 5RM next week, and it's looking like it'll be cooler by then.

3. GTKY: best athletic accomplishment. 
    Deadlift of 270 last fall.  I've gotten so much stronger over the last year and made PRs all over the place, but I'm most proud about that one.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Got in 2 runs and an outdoor yoga.  It's hard being out of town.
    I did a short prenatal yoga today.  Hoping to get in a few runs later this week.

2. how are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty good. A little bit of a back ache, do I'm trying to be sure to stretch it.

Half marathon PR (and under 2 hours) in Niagara Falls this past October.  Running Big Sur Marathon last April.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    last week was great. i was able to workout four times and went to an outdoor hip-hop yoga class too (played hip-hop while doing flow yoga). i plan on going four times this week.

2. how are you feeling?
    feeling good.  one of my coaches cut me off from doing a time challenge last week.  she just suggested that i would probably get more out of doing the circuit rather than doing the challenge.  i wasnt going to try for a crazy time, i just wanted to do it!  bummed i was cut off.

i would say doing 5 pull-ups felt pretty awesome.  that's all my brain will think of right now lol. 

@Brambles23 nice job on your deadlift pr! that is amazing!  @WRWrunnergirl under 2hr half is awesome!! I missed mine by 1 minute :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WRWrunnergirlWRWrunnergirl member
    edited June 2017
    @lola4411 - That's too bad about getting cut off from the challenge!! 
    I'd love to be able to do pull ups someday!!
    I missed a PR/under 2 time by about a minute, as well, last summer.  Thought I was on pace for it the whole time, but the last mile got me with a slight hill (in a mostly downhill course!).

I have 2 halfs (halves?) under 2.  But they're both 1:59:something.  We were just getting ready to TTC around when I ran this last one.  So I told myself I had to go for it!  Thankfully weather conditions were favorable and the 2 hour pacer really helped me at the end!
  • Options
    @WRWrunnergirl in the one half I did the pacer for under 2 missed his time! He screwed a bunch of us :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. how was last week?  what are your plans for this week?  Well last week I started out strong but only got my one workout in. I did get a workout in last night AND hit my step goal for the first time since I got sick over a month ago. I'm not expecting to get a workout in tonight because PLL is down to the last 3 hours and #priorities. But I am trying to make sure I'm getting my walking back in. I'm planning to do a lower body workout tomorrow to start trying to strengthen my legs.

2. how are you feeling?  Still feeling the lingering crap of my bronchitis nonsense. But weirdly enough, both times I've done an upper body workout I haven't been sore. So that's weird, I expected to be super sore. 

3. GTKY: best athletic accomplishment.  In college, I won our region's cross country championship. Which was pretty awesome because it was the first and only race I won my entire collegiate career. I was usually in the top group of runners, but all the stars aligned for that one race. Then last year I was inducted into our college's sports hall of fame. So those were pretty cool things.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn wow!! Hall of fame too? That's awesome 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. how was last week?  what are your plans for this week? Last week was good - it was our heaviest week of the cycle so my favorite. This week is deload week and it's thankfully a little cooler. My goal is to get into the gym 4x this week and regardless of how much of the metcon I can handle, making it through the class is a win. 

2. how are you feeling?  
    It's getting hot. 

3. GTKY: best athletic accomplishment.
    making the NCAA tournament in college.

@Brambles23  - good luck on your 5 RM test week! 
  • Options
    @lola4411 yep! It was very unexpected -  they only let 5 in each year. They're getting better about it, but historically it's been very male dominated (football/baseball/basketball) and they had never included a runner before. My old coach and a bunch of my old teammates came out to the induction ceremony, which was cool to get everyone together again :smile:

Too bad I don't run anymore. haha
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. last week we had I think our 4th stomach bug since march.  So unless running around taking care of sick Littles while running to the toilet myself counts as a workout....
    2.  This week = so far so good.  I worked out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and got 2 power walks in.  Still fatiguing from being sick last week so taking it easier than usual.
    3.  I'm not an athlete but I'd say walking around the carnival carrying dd1 (30lb) asleep, and dd2 (25 lb) squirming and trying to escape was an athletic accomplishment I was pretty proud of.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker