February 2018 Moms
Options

Private FB group

mzlildncrmzlildncr member
edited June 2017 in February 2018 Moms
Has anyone created a private (invite only) FB group for us due in Feb 2018?

Re: Private FB group

• Options
    Id love an invite if someone does @mzlildncr

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     Most of the BMB's that I've been a part of don't start a Facebook group until the due date month. 
  • Options
    and by "most" I actually just mean "all" lol I've only been a part of 2.... 
  • Options
    I'm in a Jan18 Group o FB (my due date for now is Jan 31) and have no fears really.
  • Options
    Wayyyyyyyyy too early for that. 
  • Options
    Yeah...I'll wait. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Options
    I've been part of over a dozen DDC/BMB over the years, and quite a few moved to FB, eventually, usually way later in the pregnancy or after the babies are born.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I'm up for it! I formed wonderful friendships during my first pregnancy.  These women were from The Bump and located around the world, but I was so appreciative of the support and felt so grateful to have found them. 
  • Options
    RSainiRSaini member
    I would love to join if one opens up later :) 
  • Options
    I'm a year out from my last BMB. We've had our FB group for a year and just weeded out a crazy last month... 
  • Options
    I'm dying to hear about these crazies you speak of.  Any examples you can provide? I'd like to get a sense of what to potentially expect.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace a year later on fb and still had crazies?! Whoa! How many were in the group before that out of curiosity? Our aug 16 fb group is pretty mellow. 
  • Options
    @meatball37 I've always thought it would be kind of exciting to have a crazy exposed in the group. Haha. (Definitely not like the example where someone asked for things and they were given to them though.) 
  • Options
    Ashoes123 said:
    I'm dying to hear about these crazies you speak of.  Any examples you can provide? I'd like to get a sense of what to potentially expect.

*Stuck in the box*

We had one who pretended to be a vet and would answer all these related questions and was super active. I can't remember how it all came out but she wasn't really a vet at all and she worked for some kind of government agency. It was weird af

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    We had a few on our last BMB that I suspected of cat fishing. But none of those people joined our fb group. Strange...
  • Options
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Yay!!!! @NYTino24 thank you!! 

You guys (A17) had that person who had two usernames and posted on both your board and S17 with different due dates, right? Did anything ever come of that?
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface Yeah, and now I can't remember who it was!!! (I only lurk August when summoned back since my loss.) 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Eek I'm sorry!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface it's okay! My November baby is doing very well! 

• Options
    Thanks @NYTino24 I just spent wayyy too much time reading that  whole original thread from the Jul2014 group. Holy fuck. Good lesson for all of us. 
  • Options
    Ok now I've got to sit and read. WHY catfish in a bmb group lol :)
  • Options
    Okay, I just talked with another Mom from my old BMB because I couldn't remember exactly how the chaos went! Not sure if anyone remembers, but we had a regular who collected donations for another Mom and then spent it herself. We think that's how it went anyway. She was busted, but it made for a lot of angry people who gave out of the goodness of their hearts. You just never know. I sometimes wonder if these crazies are the same people and come back and pull new shenanigans.. 
    On our June 2011 facebook group  (we moved after babies were born and felt we knew each other better) about a year to a year and a half ago we had one of those. Someone who stole collected money and then seemed to be buying herself a lot of nice things and flaunting them on her both her facebook page and the groups.  Shortly after that instance there was a woman who would cause all sorts of drama them get butt hurt and deactivate her Facebook account for a month and come back like nothing ever happened....there is actually a lot more back story with her but I can't remember it all mostly timelines of hers kept changing. The last time she deactivated the group took a vote and overwhelmingly decided to vote her off the island because things didn't add up and they were tired of her crazy flair ups on topics she would bring up and then alleged be victimized over leading to her month of Facebook deactivation. If I remember correctly because I wasn't even actually online for the last flair up it was over redshirting for kindergarten and from what I heard no one was even mean....just most people didn't plan to hold their kids back. Just stated their choice and why. No one went on the attack but this particular woman.  The kicker was later when booted woman started sending several of us friend requests even though most of us have our Facebook profiles on lockdown and our pages are hard to find without exact, specific information. I know people always give up trying to find me and just ask me to search for them.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was in October 2014 (my DD came ended up coming in September) but all of this had just gone on with August and the FB drama was unreal. We had a few crazies on our FB group so it eventually split into two groups! 

I'd rather wait....awhile....haha

• Options
    Made the July drama my late night read last night and holy. Was enough to make me change my username from including my first name!
    DD - 4.15.16
  • Options
    I do not remember the specifics, but in June '12 there was a women who collected funds for some donation. She ended up keeping them all for herself and told people she donated it. I could completely wrong with this, I had a newborn when it was all happening, but it was someone who was very active in the group and it was a huge fiasco. I am all for a Facebook group, but not yet. I want to get to know people (as best I can) first. 
  • Options
    hullabalouhullabalou member
    edited June 2017

Just spent way too much time reading that J14 thread. Whoa.

Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbirdie said:
    Made the July drama my late night read last night and holy. Was enough to make me change my username from including my first name!

*stuck in box*

I'm glad you changed your SN to not include your name. 
  • Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited June 2017
    Ashoes123 said:
    I've been part of several groups where at least one person faked their pregnancy/identity/baby, and several others who faked illnesses, life problems, relationship problems, etc., and conned well meaning members into giving them money or sending them things. Sometimes there were just members that caused drama. I was friends with one member who created drama and took advantage of other people's generosity and then bounced when she was called out. And that was when our littles were over a year old. It's really not uncommon. I've seen it happen on every forum, sadly. Before TB bought out BF.com, where I used to be very active, there was a longtime, 10+ year member, who lied about everything. Her entire "life" was a fraud, and she built close friendships for many years. It was a huge fallout and really sucked for many people. I've been burned by several people who turned out to be lying liars and shady-ass people. They know how to spin elaborate lies and manipulate people.

So some folks are less keen on sharing too much and getting too close very early on.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    So, is there a group, or should we make one? I was in a january 18th group because I thought I was pregnant last month, and was actually very sad to leave it, a lot of sweet people and good topics.
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2017

• Options
    These catfish threads have me like :o People amaze me! 
  • Options
    We had a crazy on May '13. She had major complications, pregnant with twins, they were born crazy early and people were just starting to talk about doing something to help her when her story started unravelling. It was so crazy! 
  • Options
    Ok we are all aware of stranger danger on facebook. But what about strangers in real life.  In my town in 2008 a pregnant lady was approached on a transit  about how far she was pregnant. Simple question...deadly answer. 

So I am really worried about answering  this question what will be your responses when asked?!  Creeps are everywhere. 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 In the words of Jed Bartlet from The West Wing, "That's a thought that's gonna fester." Thing is, I hope no one ever asks me because no one should ever look at a woman's protruding belly and assume she's pregnant and ask about it. That's just asking for trouble. So perhaps I can shut down the question with "It's a tumor."
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I like that response! I think I'm going to be a total B to any stranger who inquires or Dares to touch me.
  • Options
    I've literally been lost in these threads for two days. I miss the old bump sometimes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"