August 2017 Moms

BF/Twat 6/19

2»

Re: BF/Twat 6/19

• @middy411 Great news! You must be so relieved. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @SouthernMama15 I have been doing the same thing. DS has been allowed to watch way too much PBS. He's also on a cereal kick so when he refuses to eat real food I give in (and eat a big bowl myself!)
  • @Kudlica27 if Mickey Mouse walked in my house right now it's 50/50 whether I'd punch him or but him.
  • NxyNxy member
    guys lol My bar for a successful day with DD is usually: she's still mostly in the condition she woke up in. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 we are on a Mickey kick too. My son dragged three Mickeys to bed with him yesterday. I'm too exhausted to fight that battle. 
  • @Kudlica27 his birthday is tomorrow and we're having a Mickey party Saturday. He used to be obsessed with Lion Guard but has moved to Mickey. 
  • @SouthernMama15 and @Kudlica27 Have you gone through the Caillou obsession yet?? Caillou is the worst show ever, all he does is whine! Buzzfeed has one of the funniest Caillou articles/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/please-let-them-watch-something-else?utm_term=.lnnG6WDWO#.yl353l1lE
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Ahhh @britvahok! We are hopefully through the Caillou obsession, although she still asks for him. Every time he demands something without using manners, I said "Did Caillou say please? He should be saying please and thank you". At that point, I can't tell whether I'm more annoyed by me or Caillou but he just doesn't.say.please.ever. and I don't want DD thinking that (plus the whining) is the norm!
  • @britvahok we have a strict no Caillou policy in our house. I think MIL let him watch it a couple times "because he liked it"---her reasoning for everything. DH told her not to let him watch it because we don't want our kid to be a whiny brat. I'm also glad he doesn't seem to care for Daniel Tiger, either. I can't stand his whiny tiger ass.  His first favorite was Sesamee Street, then Clifford, then Lion Guard, now Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He likes Goldie and Bear from time to time.
  • @SouthernMama15 - I'm a huge fan of Sesame Street. It has some really good lessons in it! DD loves Paw Patrol now too, and I don't mind it; there's a lot of problem solving in it, and I can tell that DD is learning when to solve problems herself and when to call for help.
  • I was a nanny for a summer, for 1yo twins, and Caillou was one of the "approved" shows for the twins.  They were a developmentally a bit behind, so they couldnt talk, or ask to watch the show, So I refused to let them watch it, and watched Gilmore Girls for most of the summer. Caillou will be on the no play list for our house.  I actaully intend to buy some of the classic shows from when my sister and I were kids to have little dude watch! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @HappyToBeHere he has learned a lot from Mickey Mouse and surprisingly Lion Guard has some good lessons on teamwork and friendship.  Sesame Street is good, too, I kind of miss it.

@littlebug2010 if you have HBO and can access the HBO go app there are sesame street episodes as far back as the 70s.  

I want to find Mr. Rogers and I really hope the crowd funding comes through for Reading Rainbow!
  • @SouthernMama15 I dont have it now, but DH and I have talked about getting it!  Id much rather have sesame street on all day, then some of the new crap! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • My niece has gone through the Lion Guard, Paw Patrol, Mickey phases and is hard into the Wild Kratts and anything else with animals! Obsessed-she is at the zoo like every week.
     I was given fair warning on blocking Calliou so, good to see it backed up. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @littlebug2010 my friend lets us use hers, but I think it's worth it. Hulu has some good educational stuff, too.
  • @SouthernMama15  We have netflix, and there are a ton of great (and some older) shows for kids on there.  I really want to find some of the ones I remember my sister watching (little bear, Gulla Gulla Island) and get them on DVD so we can watch those.  Im also pretty sure that there will be some good ones on youtube, if I look hard enough.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • +1 for the No Caillou rule in our house.  Spongebob is also banned when he is a little older. 

We are big fans of Sesame Street as well.  I love the lessons on the show.  Added bonus that we live 15 minutes away from Sesame Place, so DS gets to meet all the characters,  see shows and parades,  and ride all the sesame themed rides.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• OTmom3OTmom3 member
    I actually really like Daniel Tiger. We are pretty much out of that phase with both kids. DS (just turned 3) is into Mickey, PJ Masks, and Trolls. DD (almost 5) is into Sofia the First, Elena of Avallor, PJ Masks, and movies like Trolls, Moana, and Frozen. We never did Caillou thank god!
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• @kristenk727 don't even get me started on Spongebob. That is not appropriate for any age child. DHs aunt let DS watch it a couple times and when she told me I almost lost my mind.  

@OTmom3 I'm obsessed with Moana. 
  • Kids still love SpongeBob and I'm so confused. I remember that show when it came out 18 years ago. Why does its legacy go on?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 that reminds me of when my parents got mad at my grandma for letting my sister and I watch Friends when I was like 10. She was old and didn't know better! 
  • My DH is a twat- He left his previous job, which I supported and has been on the job hunt. But that also means he is home during the day. While he is helpful-organizing nursery, vacuuming etc. He also takes naps, stays up late and sleeps in til whenever.

Like, hello, do not tell the pregnant lady about how good of a nap you had this afternoon- I WANT A NAP! I want to sleep in, and get the nursery ready and all these things, but I'm at work, which just had the A/C fixed after 2 days. So I am extra cranky about it!
    Just lie to me and tell me you were super busy with errands or something. Just stop telling me about naps and organizing your part of the closet and how nice this time has been to get things ready! ARGH.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • My TW are the other speech therapists in the district. We were supposed to have an end-of-year party/mini baby shower yesterday. 3 people showed up besides me, and one of them was a physical therapist who got personally invited because I work with her a lot. I think more people went to a going away party for another speech therapist last Friday. I'm not super crushed or anything, but it was a bummer, especially since I really like my speech team. I guess asking anyone to do anything after school the last week is going to get a low turn out, but it was kind of ridiculous! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, I have to say my DH is being a twat too. 
    Yesterday he came home in a foul mood because our joint credit card was fraudulently used. But he took his mood out on everything else- expressing annoyance that there was too much stuff in our stuff cabinet preventing him from reaching his toolbox easily, expressing annoyance that I'd put new baby supplies in a cabinet and what used to be there that he needed wasn't there, he questioned why the pasta I'd made for dinner was moist ("did you strain it?" of course I fucking strained it). This is on top of the fact that I basically never load the dishwasher to his liking (let me tell you, my mother would have a conniption over how he does it), I can never cook anything without being second-guessed, and my general organization methods are never to his liking ("why did you put that there?").

I never indulge him or fight when he's in a bad mood- why bother? So the only retort I wasn't able to bite back was a calm, "Maybe if you participated in my clean-out and organization to prepare for this baby you'd be happy with where everything is now located." And byyyy the way I gave him a July deadline of cleaning his crap out of the guest room to make room for the rest of the baby stuff and he already made plans for this weekend. So okay, I assume he's going to spend the 4th of July weekend cleaning. Lucky him. I did my part ages ago.  

I  hate to say this but it's kind of a gender role reversal. You often hear about nagging wives telling their husbands that they didn't do some task to their liking. In our household if there's any nagging it's done by him for what I'm doing not to his liking. I normally don't care actually, because if he's happier with the dishes done and organized a certain way, then he just does those tasks and I don't have to. There are other tasks he hates doing that he leaves to me, so overall we have a pretty evenly-split household. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm just ranting but I'm irrationally irritated that I'm still working. Technically I have 2.5 weeks left but my boss even mentioned last week that she wouldn't make me work until the end but has since not mentioned it again.

-We're REALLY slow right now. Like I've already pretty much handed over all my current jobs and let my clients know I'm heading out soon. 
    -I've been here for over 4 years. I've put some time in...and I've already trained my replacement for about 3 weeks. 
    -She KEEPS putting me on new client calls and asking me to double check everything for everyone. It's like she's slightly in denial?
    -Finally...a little depressing but she knows my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few months ago and I plan on trying to spend more time with him while I keep me older kids in daycare before baby #3. So when I'm  just sitting at my desk really doing NOTHING just to make her feel better that I'm here to double check all the new peoples work....it infuriates me. 

Sorry that was random...I think I'm just done. I wont be returning to this job after baby #3 and everyone here knows it. It's just weird that they aren't letting go at all and I have SO much to do outside of the office. 

Rant over.
  • @DeansGirl14 my DH is like that too...he grew up in a very tidy house and his dad owns a franchise of a cleaning company. So he is always re-organizing stuff or re loading the dishwasher or re folding the laundry. 

I do something he says thanks then starts to do it over...I dont do something and he wonders aloud if I would like to help him at all. 

Why should I do something if you're just going to do it again? I mean my vacuum 'rows' are never right. so why bother...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • My TW is the beer mug that fell on my toe today while I was cleaning before my mom flies in tomorrow. 3 hrs in the ER because they had to remove my toenail (mug split it and pushed it way forward), followed by an NST with the OB dept right as they were getting ready to discharge me.

I know it's the exhaustion but I'm really bummed that my foot is gonna look ridiculous for my shower this weekend. Glad it wasn't my whole foot though AND nothing broke.

Most of all, I'm happy little man is doing well, not a single issue with the NST. Seemed a bit overboard to need one when it was just my toe....but it was fun to hear his heartbeat for that long and listen to him try to kick the sensor away. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 @smallbutmighty77 My DH is similar. He never puts things in the dishwasher and leaves clothes/shoes in the floor, but he will criticize if I leave a spoon on the counter or if there's a splash of water on the stovetop. When MIL visits, she hand washes all the dishes, and sweeps the floors 25 times a day, so I think he's just used to having someone who had nothing better to do than clean. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @caity024 that sounds insanely painful! Glad you're both okay!
  • @caity024 I'm sorry about your toe! Glad baby is doing just fine! 
    IVF started Feb 2020