Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of June 19th

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Are you having any cravings/aversions to food these days?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of June 19th

• How far along are you? 4 weeks today--so still early!

How big is baby? Poppyseed

Appointments coming up? none yet...

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, I am doing ok.  My progesterone is low, so I am starting that today.  Physically, just tired so far! 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? A phone call from my doctor tomorrow (hopefully) telling me my numbers are doubling!

Rants/Raves/Questions: My doctors office is sorta slacking.  They never called me last week after my blood draw.  When I called on Friday (during office hours), they had already set their phones to weekend mode, so I didn't get results until today.  Today, I went for my 2nd draw, and the doctor's office had never sent in the orders.  So I had to wait an extra 30 minutes in the waiting room with a toddler.  I am sure part of my annoyance is because I am anxious.  

GTKY: Are you having any cravings/aversions to food these days? Nadda
  • How far along are you? 34w6d

How big is baby? A cabbage

Appointments coming up? Nothing this week

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally okay for the most part. Movement is different now because s/he is running out of room and that always triggers my PGAL. Poor thing is probably tired of me shaking my belly to get some movement. Physically it's getting harder to get comfortable when I'm sleeping so I guess my body is just getting prepared for lack of sleep!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term - I can't believe I'm even typing that this is just two weeks away!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Trying to get organized is difficult when you have no clue what you are doing. I have, in my head, where I want things but who knows if they are actually correct?

GTKY: Are you having any cravings/aversions to food these days? Still can't eat chicken or bananas and it's been that way since the beginning. This makes me sad since I had both pretty much daily!

@magnolia305 I'm sorry that your doctor's office is being so lax. This is totally annoying to me - especially since you are already anxious enough. 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  Just found out today, 7 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? About 7mm, the size of a raspberry

Appointments coming up? First appointment with new OB tomorrow (Tuesday) and First appointment with new therapist Wednesday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, I was a wreck this morning up until about 10:45 when I saw my baby's heart beat during the first ultrasound. Now, I'm feeling a little better. Physically, still tired. Still no appetite, still sore boobs, occasional nausea and occasional diarrhea.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? It will be nice at the 12 week mark when things are a little less likely to go bad. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: It was really nice to see the baby and their heartbeat today. I have had a first ultrasound before, so I know I'm not completely out of the clear, but my ultrasound tech was very knowledgeable and seemed to think everything looked good. I'm just trying to accept each milestone in the pregnancy as a blessing and really hoping for more milestones to come. The look on my husband's face when we saw the little jelly bean was a tear-jerker, for sure.  Although, I know the reasoning behind it, I wish I could have seafood. I have been told I can have some, but I'm avoiding it because I'm overly cautious. My MIL yesterday made grilled salmon and I passed. It looked delish. 

Most of the time, I don't want anything. Not sure why, but everything sounds gross to me these days. I have to force myself to eat. I've been craving a Coke Icee lately, but I'm trying to avoid caffeine, so haven't got one yet. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations on the great ultrasound @nmd9168! I'm so happy you were able to see the heartbeat and that eased your fears a little bit. I remember how nervous I got at each u/s - like I wanted to puke - and how calm I was once they were done! I wish you a little more peace than puke :)

You can absolutely have seafood, especially salmon, just not all types. It's a lean protein and, with my aversion to chicken, was essential to my diet this pregnancy. I know the Bump app has a good list of what to eat/avoid - I can only think of Mahi to avoid off the top of my head!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    Congratulations and welcome @magnolia305 and @nmd9168!  

How far along are you? 
    35w1d

How big is baby? Cabbage (stealing from @byrneme)

Appointments coming up? None this week, next week GBS test and every week after that!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally I'm doing ok with the PGAL brain, but it's crazy to think that this baby could be here any time now!  I think I spent a lot of this pregnancy not believing it would ever happen, and now I feel so unprepared!  Physically I'm ok, feeling slower moving every day though. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term.

Rants/Raves/Questions: @byrneme I know we've talked about this before, but this weekend I got so many comments on how I 'don't look like you only have 5 weeks to go'.  I know it's probably meant as a compliment, but it really rubs me the wrong way and makes me worry that my baby is big enough.  Even my mom, who has been great throughout my pregnancy told me I needed to buy more newborn sized clothes b/c by the looks of things, this baby isn't going to be really big.  

@nmd9168 I hope it goes away for you, but most things STILL don't sound good to me even now.  I had a brief reprieve in the 2nd tri, but 3rd tri it came back.  Once I'm actually eating it's fine, but I can't suggest anything to eat ever, nothing sounds good!
  • Oh @CPR79 , I feel you. We were at an event last night and I heard, more than once, 'OMG you FINALLY popped! How many weeks left?' and when I replied 5 with a smile their faces just kind of went 'what?'. I know it's a compliment, or at least for the most part, but it does cause some worry! The person that it matters most to - my OB - though isn't concerned. I measured a 35 at my 34 week appointment which is right on par (should be -/+ 2 from your weeks) so I'm just letting it go these days.

I still really haven't washed much newborn stuff - you just never know! I'm hoping that we can stay in newborn diapers for quite awhile though, I've been gifted SO MANY!!!

PS = my app told me today we've been upgraded to a pineapple ;)
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme and @CPR79 Sorry people are making hurtful comments.  I feel like once your are pregnant, people make whatever comments they want about your body, without thinking.  For me, I am plus size--so when I was pregnant with DS I got a lot of, "are you sure there is just one in there" and "are you sure you are going to make it 2 more months?" People are are just dumb.  I feel like unless someone is telling me how beautiful I look pregnant, I don't want to hear it ;) 

Also--got my beta's back today--went from 25 on Thursday to 276 on Monday!  Plus my progesterone went up on it's own!  One more draw tomorrow--then setting up an ultrasound!
  • Congrats on the great beta @magnolia305!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @CPR79 I am a pain in the butt when my husband and I are trying to figure out dinner. lol 

@byrneme Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 5w6d

How big is baby? Appleseed 

Appointments coming up? 6/30 1st ultrasound with RE. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Good, nervous of course. Warning off of anti-anxiety medication seems to be okay so far. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Seeing/hearing heartbeat on the 30th

Rants/Raves/Questions: did anyone's doc only do 1 set of beta draws? 

GTKY: Are you having any cravings/aversions to food these days? Craving Mexican & Skyline Chili.  That's probably just me though, not baby. Lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Hi everybody.  I'm new to this board but having a rough time so I thought I would jump in and introduce myself.  I'm 26, FTM with a previous MC at 6.5 weeks in October of 2016. 

How far along are you? 
    20+6
    How big is baby? 
    Banana
    Appointments coming up?
    Nothing this week.  I had my AS on Friday (16th) and they said everything looked great. 
    I was feeling pretty good (emotionally) over the weekend after our AS.  However, I woke up this morning to some light, brown spotting and it's got me all stressed out again. 
    Viability
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant: why does being PGAL have to be so hard?? :(
    I have pretty much been craving melon (cantaloupe and watermelon to be specific) for the last month or so.  I cannot get enough of it.

@katekate628 I craved Mexican food for the first couple months probably.  Eventually my BF begged me to let us eat something besides Mexican food.  I still sneak it in once in awhile now :)

@magnolia305 congrats on your betas!

• Hi @mparm91 and welcome. Congrats on getting to 20+ and good results on your A/S. PGAL brain just doesn't go away which sucks. Little things always make me worry no matter how much ration and logic can prove my running brain wrong. If you are truly concerned by the spotting, reach out to your doc. They'll likely tell you not to worry (right, as if that is easy) but at least it will be documented!  Brown blood is old blood and generally not a cause for concern but 100% get it. I'd love to say had the magic answer or cure but I'm just over 35W and still freak out. Hang in there!!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @katekate628 I ate mexican for lunch yesterday and today!  I'm not sure if I am craving it or just trying to eat as much of it as possible before the nausea sets in!

@mparm91 Welcome! Congrats on a great AS! 
  • @byrneme thanks. I've been trying to calm myself all day, reminding myself that is brown, not heavy at all and I haven't had my pain or cramping with it. However, it's easier to tell myself everything is fine than it is to believe it. Thankfully I have a Doppler, which I try to only use once in awhile but I'm ok using it a little more often now just to help calm myself some
    Thank you for listening to my meltdown
  • @mparm91 Welcome!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 

18dpo so 4w3d?
    How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?
    Hcg draw #2 tomorrow 
    Very apprehensive. First draw was yesterday and 111. Which is definitely on the low side. Maybe I implanted late? 
    Hopefully doubled betas 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Tomorrow is Saturday so i will have to wait for what seems like forever for the results. 
    GTKY: Are you having any cravings/aversions to food these days? None, but i would welcome any! 

@magnolia305 im so happy for your betas! I hope to follow in your foot steps.

• @mayapple44 Fingers crossed for good betas tomorrow! I feel your pain in having to wait all weekend for results. Try to keep yourself busy! Hope to see a positive update Monday! 
  • FX for you @mayapple44 !!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17