November 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 6/19/17

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 6/19/17

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish well that does make me feel a bit better. I'd still like to not yell. At least it'll be easy to start off that way, I assume I'll have no desire to yell at an infant. He doesn't know what he's doing! I'm sure I'll get frustrated with lots of crying though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish if it helps I did picture from you a harsh word spoken but still with a smile. In my case I think I need to not be so selfish when it comes to my temper and just let things goooo. But obviously in the moment I do not think I need to let anything go. At least I've got 21+ weeks to figure this out :grimace:

• Options
    I think nows a good time to mention that there is a HUGE difference (for me at least) between yelling at a child and yelling. 
    Yelling at my children is generally more of an angry stern raised voice, whereas yelling at anyone else that I would yell at (DH for example) is more of a psychotic screech. 
    Not going to say that either are good because they definitely aren't and I totally feel like someone should call children's aid when I think about how I yelled, but it is nice to know that there is a differentiation between the two yells. 
  • Options
    I have to drive 4.5 hours with my 2 year old all by myself today. I'm trying to time it where he will nap most of the way. I can't leave until after my OB appt that's at 3:30 today. I'm hoping the drive goes smoothly! 
    This sounds horrible!! I'd probably keep him up til 3:30, but then he'd nap so long that he'd be up til midnight:/
    It wasn't as horrible as I imangined. I kept him up all day so he'd nap on the way, which he did, until I had to pee. I tried to hold it as long as possible, (about 10 mins) until I felt like I'd explode. I had to wake him up to go in the rest stop. He was okay until the last 45 mins. He was done riding and wanted to get "out" of his seat. It's actually a long drive to be strapped down in a car seat. I felt horrible for him. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    littlemissc17littlemissc17 member
    edited June 2017
    @MississippiCatfish you are definitely not alone! I yell and I actually work for CPS lol. I am African American and DH is Caucasian and he calls it my "black mom voice." Sometimes it's the only thing that works to let my kiddos know I mean business! 
  • Options
    bcashawbcashaw member
    edited June 2017
    DH locked the kids out of Netflix by changing the password. Which is all good except now one of them ( or their mom or someone they have handed our password out to) is trying to get into the Netflix and keeps sending verification codes to DH cell phone obviously not realizing it goes to his phone (i suspect it is SD trying to watch netflix) it is SO ANNOYING literally every 5 seconds dinging. Ugh. 
    Edited because grammar. 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge @MississippiCatfish I yell at my kids every day. I never yelled when my first was little outside of if she was doing something danergous buttt now the 2yr old does not listen AT ALL and I feel like I yell all day because she refuses to listen. It's exhausting. 
  • Options
    I yell. Actually I've had voices come out of me that were previously not known to me until having a "spirited" 2 year old. Mainly because I don't know if I ever yelled at anyone before that. I'm generally super chill. 

I try really really hard not to, but sometimes after an hour of him refusing to nap it happens. I always feel guilty after and I usually cry, although he really doesn't care which makes it all the more frustrating. Now that it's really sunk in that yelling doesn't work with him it happens less. But we're human and you can only gently tell someone something so many times before you just run out of patience. 
  • Options
    @bcashaw no wonder you are so annoyed! That sounds incredibly frusterating. 
  • Options
    am+mommyam+mommy member
    edited June 2017
    I'm pretty annoyed with DH regarding my upcoming birthday. He is going "to the box" Friday morning for the next 2 weeks. (Basically he can't come home from work and sleeps in the desert) My birthday is next week so he will miss it. On top of that DD1 is still visiting her dad and won't be home for another 2 weeks and I promised her we would celebrate until she gets home but now DH is insisting I open my gifts this week so that "I can enjoy them while he is gone" (most likely art supplies) but that'll just make my birthday feel like even less of a birthday. I know its good intentions but still... This is the second year in a row I'll basically be celebrating alone on my birthday. 
  • Options
    @am+mommy that was a sympathy love tit! Sorry about DH being gone during your birthday, and it not really feeling like a birthday. That sucks. I know the feeling, and it's just so frusterating.
  • Options
    @am+mommy I'm so sorry. I never liked opening gifts alone. I'd rather just wait. We can celebrate with gifs here.
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @asamapmaker I was asked on Sunday if I was "due any day now". Um no, I'm morning even
    @am+mommy I'm sorry your birthday won't go as you want it, but at least you have this little one with you! 

Sometimes it's necessary to raise your voice a little with kids. I have 25 on a daily basis and turning off the lights, chanting, or clapping wouldn't work with just one or two. I always tell the kids that my first job is keeping them safe and my second job is teaching them. Don't be too hard on yourself. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Maybe since I'm NOT super chill I'll somehow find myself doing the opposite and going from yelling to not yelling. I like the sound of the super scary voice. DH also hates yelling because his dad used to a lot. That's a little different because his dad would yell about things that didn't make any sense, not necessarily because DH was doing something wrong. That is definitely something I would like to not do. 

• Options
    @NYTino24 what???? Due any day now? That person must be blind!

@mariposa_767s maybe I'm wrong about this, but wouldn't it be normal for your DS to call his father on Father's Day? Maybe he was waiting for his phone call since he's the dad.

@DuchessOfCambridge I understand. I've been getting annoyed and so many little things I never used to get so annoyed about but now I feel upset over tiny little things.

this is a slight annoyance but now that there is a fb group and we can respond to people's comments directly below them, it makes me frustrated to keep having to scroll up so I can remember how I wanted to reply to and what their sn is so I can tag them. 

• Options
    mariposa_767smariposa_767s member
    edited June 2017
    @pawcall DS was very mellow and withdrawn yesterday.  That's the typical day after.  It's awful to watch it but my hope is that since he's so young, it'll work itself out.  It just sucks because his birthday party is this weekend so the process will start over. (edited because I can't have enough coffee to function this early)

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @teachermama7 we have an agreement where the ex contacts DS because in the beginning there were numerous times where DS would call and ex wouldn't answer.  It would upset DS.  The ex is all about convenience and apparently answering his child's phone call or Facetime isn't convenient.  He (DS) went through a lot of therapy in the beginning because his dad moved another family into our old house pretty quickly and he felt replaced.  There are soooo many complex feelings there for him.  So...unfortunately the ball is always in his dad's court and he's a father when he feels like it.  In his "slight" defense, his fiancé and he both are addicts (pills/alcohol) and I think it's his strange way of protecting DS from his fiancé's roller coaster.  He's better at keeping his addiction away from the kids than she is.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I find the kids find yelling scary but absolutely nothing is more terrifying to them than when  I use incomplete sentences and speak with periods in between each word. If that makes sense. 
  • Options
    +1 for yelling. I wish I didn't, and I've made some changes to reduce it, but it still happens. 

• Options
    If DH and I end up raising our voices, my son does too with a smile. He just starts yelling gibberish and laughing, we laugh, and end up using calmer voices. I have not mastered the stern talking thing yet though. It makes me laugh. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler that made me smile because it sounds pretty cute.

• Options
    I use to yell a lot. More so than I'd like to admit. I had a pretty tough and unstable young adulthood and poor DS1 got the brunt of it. I look back and cry most of the time I think about how much I would yell at DS1. Now, it's a VERY rare occasion that I'd even raise my voice to either child. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so tired today. My son was up at 3am saying his legs were hurting. Definitely growing pains. I massed his legs for like 30 minutes. Then his "belly was so empty". He NEVER says this so I know it's a true growth spurt. Got him a huge glass of milk and some protein yogurt. Then he wanted me to rub his back and sing him songs--- ummm ok! Let's snuggle, kid!! That part I LOOOOVVVVEEEED. 

Never really went back to sleep though so I am zzzzzzzzzzz.