Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - June 18

2»

Re: Weekly Chat - June 18

• @JennyColada I actually haven't been to Disneyland, lol. But Cinderella Castle is about 198 feet tall. Very few structures at WDW are over 200 feet tall because then they'd have to have beacons at the top for flight safety. :D
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_  I live in LA, so it's not nearly as bad as it's been for other places during this heat wave (Palm Springs was 120 yesterday!!!) but I'm a baby about the heat and I work in Van Nuys, so it's a bit hotter up in the Valley.  I think it was like 95 yesterday during my lunchtime walk?  Ugh.  And thanks for the well wishes, re: my mom's visit.  I just keep telling myself it's a very short visit, so even if it goes disastrously, it'll be over quick!
  • Loading the player...
  • @maureenmce That makes sense! It's hot here, but nowhere near that. I hope the heat wave ends soon! And that's very true. FX that it won't be a disaster, though, and that you guys manage to have a good time.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @JennyColada sorry for the late response! Been busy with DH out of town. I also work at a bank! (If that hasn't already been determined, haha). I just went from being a teller to working in loan operations. VERY different side of things and I'm SO GLAD that I don't have to deal with customers anymore!! I totally feel you on the crazy, stupid, customers though. I always tried to kill them with kindness if they were the one-word, no-eye-contact sort of person, haha. This is small, but one thing that ALWAYS grinds my gears is when people say "checkingS". It's mostly younger people (high school/college), but I've even heard a few older (40-50) people do it! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited June 2017
    @CecilB93 ahhhh I hate "checkings" too! I thought it was just our customers that said that lmao. So jealous that you're not customer facing! I've been applying like mad for a promotion with my bank but no dice. :(

although you you may still have some fun to look forward to! My bff's bf works in consumer loans and he needs to ask for "a voided check" to set up auto payments. He often gets in an "avoid"d check, a "boid"d check, and once an "aboided" check.
  • @JennyColada we just have to have a form signed for auto debit, haha. But who the hell doesn't understand voided check?!?
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18