3rd Trimester

Swollen Feet

I'm 34.5 weeks. I manage a QSRestaurant. I'm on my feet a ton... it's not really optional either. I have pretty good shoes, but ohmygosh my feet are sooo incredibly swollen lately.  I obviously knew this would be happening, but they seem super bad. They're not pitting or anything bad, just look awful and are HUGE! Lol any suggestions??? Not being on my feet isnt an option and taking it easy after work isn't really going to happen either, we recently bought  home and are working like crazy to get the nursery and our room baby ready. 

TIA!!! 

Re: Swollen Feet

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited June 2017
    I'm 34.5 weeks. I manage a QSRestaurant. I'm on my feet a ton... it's not really optional either. I have pretty good shoes, but ohmygosh my feet are sooo incredibly swollen lately.  I obviously knew this would be happening, but they seem super bad. They're not pitting or anything bad, just look awful and are HUGE! Lol any suggestions??? Not being on my feet isnt an option and taking it easy after work isn't really going to happen either, we recently bought  home and are working like crazy to get the nursery and our room baby ready. 

TIA!!! 
    I was in the restaurant business when I was pregnant and was threatened bedrest for swollen feet and terrible varicose veins on my legs.  I was forced to stop working and take it easy my last few weeks.

Personally, I'd be talking to your doctor if they are that bad, and you need to get off if your feet (whether you like it ir not) otherwise you may run into bigger problems.  Dont know what other advice you are looking for.  Maybe increase your fluid intake and cut out sodium?   
  • I dunno what I'm looking for really :/ this is my first pregnancy, guess some sort of "miracle" for helping the swelling in the evenings... I realize I'm not making it easy lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Compression socks will help. And yea, more fluids, less salt. 
  • I don't know how effective it is because I didn't end up trying it, but a couple of my co-workers told me to try drinking water with lemon in it to reduce the swelling
    They said lemonade didn't count.
  • Elevate your feet when you can.  
  • Soak them in epsom salt warm baths, too.  ❤️
  • Ice tea actually helps reduce swelling and helps you pee too. Also episom salt I hope I spelled that right is really good for swelling and just relaxing altogether 
  • try to sit down and put your legs up on a pillow or something at the minute you get home and rest a bit in every break you have at work