November 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Weekly Check-In 6/13-6/19

NYTino24NYTino24 member
edited June 2017 in November 2017 Moms
This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post losses here. Start a new thread.*****

Hey PGAL ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: Will you ever tell your LO about their lost sibling(s)?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL Weekly Check-In 6/13-6/19

• Options
    1. How far along are you today? Almost 18 weeks

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?
    Loss due to Turner's Syndrome and D&C in August 2016. 

Emotionally I am good- physically I am good too, just tired! Think it is finally time to bust out my maternity clothes too! 

He's always the best. Always positive. Let's me be lazy, crazy, whatever!

We told our son who was about 2 1/2 at the time. Didn't go into any detail really, just said you have an angel and her name is Jordan. With this sweet babe we will likely do the same. When they are much much MUCH older, I will definitely tell the entire story to them. It is such a big part of the person I am today so I want to share that with them.
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 19+3

-early miscarriage /CP at 4 weeks +2 days August 2016 
    -ectopic pregnancy between 5-6 weeks confirmed via ultrasound and blood work September 2016

I passed my loss milestones pretty early on. 

Today I feel pretty good. A little exhausted but nothing out of the ordinary. 

Struggles - Our AS is next week and I feel my anxiety rising. I know our baby is still there with all the movement I feel but I have a lot of anxiety that the doctor will tell me something is wrong with the baby. Why must I always think the worst? 

Pretty good. Yesterday was our anniversary and since I was pretty much told from the beginning I will probably be on bed rest again at some point all I wanted was to get the crib together and he put it together without me asking. That night the baby was very active and he felt thr baby for the first time and his eyes got kind of watery. It is starting to feel more and more real for both of us. 

I will when the time is right and they can comprehend what that means. DD was with me for all the tests through both losses so she knew something was up but since she was only 2 1/2 she was still too young to fully understand. 

For baby I found an angel bear beanie baby that I will put in the bookshelf in the nursery. I will tell the baby one day it is their older sibling in heaven watching over them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 20 weeks (half way eek!)

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? MC at 6.5 weeks Oct 2016.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?  I'm excited about hitting the 20 week mark. However, our AS is tomorrow and I was really excited about it but now that it's right around the corner my anxiety is getting the best of me. Like every other appointment, I don't really want to go now because I always think they're going to tell me something bad.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He's great, as always. He finally got to feel the baby kick over the weekend so that was exciting.

agreed with @mkmandeville, I will tell them when the time is right and they are old enough to understand what it all means.
  • Options
    1. 17 weeks, 5 days!

2.  One MC @ 11 weeks

3. I am taking everything day by day as the anxiety and grief comes in waves. I tend to worry about every symptom or lack thereof, and every choice I make (what I eat, to exercise or not, etc.). Feeling baby movements has helped a lot though. 

4.  Good as always. Much more laid back than me. 

5.  I haven't thought this far ahead yet. We are still talking about if we are going to tell family and friends that don't know about our loss. I would like to eventually but it is a hard subject to bring up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 17 weeks 

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? cp in April 16 and mmc at 12 wks in November 16.  

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? I am feeling good because it is morning. Nights are still terrible with nausea.   My success is I think my job situation has been worked out so that relieves some stress. My struggle is always anxiety. I was terrified before my 16 week appt and they found the heart beat right a way. It relieved my anxiety for the day and now I'm worried about the AS and am sure there will be something wrong.  I really just want to relax and enjoy my pregnancy but it doesnt seem like it will happen.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He remains great.  He is getting more excited.  

I am sure that I will when they are old enough to understand.  
  • Options
    1. 18+2 today

2. MCs in Dec 15 and Apr 16 around 7-10 wks.

3. Today is a bad day for anxiety. I woke up feeling like my belly wasn't any bigger than last week and that something has gone wrong. Movement is still sporadic and very light - my PGAL brain can convince me it's not baby. Tuesday was an active day, so I felt better, and yesterday was a quiet day, so I felt worse. It's hard for me to go this long between appointments (next OB Appt isn't until 6/23, almost 6 weeks after my last one!). I haven't gotten a home Doppler because I think I'd get obsessive, and I'd definitely panic if I couldn't find the HB at home. I'm just trying to hang in there until next Friday.

4. He's doing really well. He's great at calming my anxiety and helping to distract me. He told his work yesterday, and he's so so excited to be a dad.

5. Eventually, when I can find an age appropriate way to do it. I don't want it to be a big secret that comes spilling out 30 years later when my child is pregnant. I have no idea how to broach this subject with a younger kid though.
  • Options
    @RiverSong15
    I'm sorry you are having bad anxiety. Just try and remind yourself it is COMPLETELY 100% normal to only feel sporadic and light movement right now. Many mamas still haven't felt anything. Yesterday my babe was so mellow but today she is on fire in there! I know the wait between appts is killer, I hope the next 8 days fly by for you!!! BIg hugs.
  • Options
    @mparm91 sending good thoughts for your AS tomorrow!! I am sure it will go well.  I am the same as you with the anxiety over appointments.  
    @RiverSong15 sending hugs. It is so hard when you dont have any signs that the baby is ok.  I haven't felt much movement but Im with you and think a doppler would just make things worse.  Hang in there.  
  • Options
    Thanks @JDW0325 and @angkay711 <3 Just hearing that logic from others helps! 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 17w1d

CP in December 2016

Pretty good, but my body is swelling...which sucks. Ring wouldn't fit on finger, shoes were tight and joints were stiff. I tried to move around a lot and drink water, but nothing really helped.

Oh my goodness, is anyone else's husband in nesting mode? Geesh, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but my DH is kind of driving me nuts. He is way too focused on getting the nursery going (clearing out room, finding furniture, etc) and he is obsessing over yard work and finishing up house projects. I know I will be glad its done before baby arrives...but I just want to lay on the couch and do nothing. But I feel bad having him do it all, so I usually join him. 

I don't know. We don't have any current LO's and I am not sure how I would go about doing it. Haven't really every thought about it.

• Options
    RiverSong15  Sorry your anxiety is running high. I was feeling that quite a bit until this past Tuesday and got to hear the heart beat at my appointment on doppler. I still have not felt any movement (at 17 weeks), so I am trying not to get worked up. Not sure if my anterior placenta has to do with it, but I feel you on just not feeling confident things are going well...hang in there!
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 I wish my bf was in nesting mode! We are nowhere near having our basement finished so we can move our dogs down there and start putting the baby's room together.  I'm the kind of person who really likes having things ready well in advance so it's killing me not even being able to start on anything
  • Options
    @mparm91: I like preparing ahead of time....but my annoyance with DH right now is that he chooses to do it at the most inconvenient times. Like after work and I am exhausted or early on a Sunday morning. Somehow, he manages to have the opposite schedule of me when it comes to getting things done.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 I can totally understand how that is annoying