October 2017 Moms
Options

workout check in 6-12

1. how did last week go and what are your plans for this week?

2. noticing any changes?

3. any rants/raves? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: workout check in 6-12

• Options
    1. how did last week go and what are your plans for this week?  My plans for last week was to kick the last of that respiratory junk I've had for the past month. This week my plan is to try to start easing back into some workouts. I just finished up upper fix extreme (minus the abs - I giggled every time she told me to pull in my abs). I want to start alternating between upper body and lower body. The only cardio I really feel comfortable doing is walking.

2. noticing any changes? Besides the fact that I can breathe, no. I had high hopes of working out all throughout this pregnancy, but it's been a rough one.

3. any rants/raves? Yay for finally feeling like a human being with energy again!!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. how did last week go and what are your plans for this week? Work schedule was a little wonky so I didn't get in as much as I wanted.  This week looks more promising.  I'm hoping to get in the gym 3-4 times this week.  Already went this evening and ultimately felt pretty good, considering I was feeling pretty tired.

2. noticing any changes?  
    Running is definitely more uncomfortable.  Like, legit I-should-not-be-running uncomfortable.  Saturday's workout involved a run, but I subbed rowing and felt pretty good.  Pull/chin-ups are becoming uncomfortable-more so the stretching of my abdomen makes them uncomfortable.

3. any rants/raves? 
    Feeling hella strong.  Next week is deload week and then we test our 5 rep maxes the following week. 
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    great job ladies!

last week went great.  i made it five times and was just feeling good overall.  i plan to go 4 times this week and maybe try to go to yoga again. i really need yoga in my life....
    2. noticing any changes?
    i am just getting slower and slower overall lol.  it is what it is!
    3. any rants/raves? 
    RANT: i am losing my pushups.  i hate going on my knees and when high reps are in the workout i have to drop to my knees.  it is hard for me mentally because pushups are my thing :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lola4411 you are my hero for having pushups as your thing. In the best shape of my life, I could still only do about 7, max. 

After this baby, I'm getting serious again. No more babies after this and I was in the best shape of my life when DD was about 1 (and this includes my college cross country days - I had the endurance and the leg strength but nothing up top). I know I can do it, I'm already looking forward to getting my body back to where it was plus some.

I've got my eye on 10+ pushups :wink:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. how did last week go and what are your plans for this week? good! hoping to keep up the modified crossfit workouts.  

2. noticing any changes? I'm tall so belly is not too big yet and not a huge hindrance. Getting out of breath/hot is slowing me down first. This NYC heatwave is not helping. 

3. any rants/raves? I'm feeling so much stronger than I thought I would at this point. Baby loves squats.
    My only rant is that I'm hitting the end of being able to wear normal workout clothes. The waistband of my pants and the bottom of my shirts are just about touching this week. 
  • Options
    1. how did last week go and what are your plans for this week?  I "ran" my half marathon that I told some of you about.  I actually felt pretty good throughout and stopped at nearly every port a potty along the way just so I'd feel more comfortable with an empty-ish bladder.
    Besides that though, I ran twice last week.  Once felt quite difficult (just trying to lug my body uphill in the heat three days after the race) but the second felt much better.
    This week I'm out of town, but I went to yoga yesterday and hope to get in a few short runs and some weights.

2. noticing any changes?
    Nothing new really.

3. any rants/raves? 
    My fit splint belt!!!   It has helped tremendously.  I probably would have stopped running if I kept using the other one.  
    The rising numbers on the scale are messing with my head.  I know it means baby and I are growing healthy.  But still!  That's a good chunk of weight to gain in a few months!  
  • Options
    Last week I hit the gym twice... its been so hot that my son has been sleeping in our bedroom... we brought his mattress into our room and installed the ac. I don't mind waking up my husband w my 420 am alarm,  but I don't want to wake my 7 year old.. so I've been skipping. I feel crappy about it.  My plans next week are to go much more often.... daily of possibly.  

2. noticing any changes? 
    My sciatica was feeling much better when I was hitting the gym.  I need to work on those love handles, and do some SQUATS my booty is losing its luster   hahahah

3. any rants/raves?
    I was over 200 lbs even I got pregnant w my son 8 yr ago.. so I started eating healthy and lost some weight from cutting out junk.  Ultimately only gaining 13 lbs through my whole pregnancy w my son. 

I went to my ob on Friday and I've gained 14 as 22+ wks... but,  I started at just under 160 this time.  She told me i need to be careful and not gain more... wtf... other women gain 20+ in the first trimester alone! I have huge body issues and am disappointed that 14lbs is such a dirty amount. 
  • Options
    @jayrabbitt your weight gain seems normal to me! I'm right there with ya ;)

@WRWrunnergirl the climbing scale always messes with me. Just remember we are doing awesome and the climb is indeed a good thing 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jayrabbitt - That's annoying of your ob.  That's about where I started and what I've gained.  I probably would have cried!!