June 2016 Moms
Options

Father's Day

I was just curious what plans you all have for Father's Day and what gift ideas you are considering.

My inlaws and my parents will be here for Damien's birthday (the 17th) so we're doing brunch on Sunday and then I'm taking my husband (just the two of us) to see the new Cirque du Soleil show. We may take advantage of having both sets of grandparents around to also do an early dinner and maybe a movie. We'll see. I was going to give my husband his wedding ring that day but the ring has to be completely redone (they totally screwed it up). My back-up is to take him to Golf Town to pick out some new golf clothes. Damien will likely have a craft from daycare that he'll give to him. 

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    We are also having the kids' bday party on the 17th, so all the grandparents will be around. We'll have to do something with my parents in the morning before they drive home and something with the ILs for dinner.

My husband is super into gadgets so I got him an Echo. 
  • Options
    Well I told my husband he could consider the Popup camper we just bought his gift but I was planning to get him a new beer to brew also. We love brewing our own beer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just curious what plans you all have for Father's Day and what gift ideas you are considering.

My inlaws and my parents will be here for Damien's birthday (the 17th) so we're doing brunch on Sunday and then I'm taking my husband (just the two of us) to see the new Cirque du Soleil show. We may take advantage of having both sets of grandparents around to also do an early dinner and maybe a movie. We'll see. I was going to give my husband his wedding ring that day but the ring has to be completely redone (they totally screwed it up). My back-up is to take him to Golf Town to pick out some new golf clothes. Damien will likely have a craft from daycare that he'll give to him. 
    That's right, you are in the heart of cirque du soleil territory. I love seing their shows! 
  • Options
    @Tawny87 Yea! We try to take advantage of it at least once a year. I can't wait until Damien is old enough to really enjoy it. The set up in the Old Port is so cool too. 
  • Options
    We will have just flown cross country, so that is my dad and FIL's Father's Day present. As for DH, he just got a new motorcycle a few weeks ago, so he said that's his gift (unless I want to get him a Rolex. Um, no) but I'll probably get him a card and write something sweet.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    We will have just flown cross country, so that is my dad and FIL's Father's Day present. As for DH, he just got a new motorcycle a few weeks ago, so he said that's his gift (unless I want to get him a Rolex. Um, no) but I'll probably get him a card and write something sweet.
    My husband would be so jealous of him, he wants a motorcycle so badly. He'll buy one eventually, just not in the cards for the near future.
  • Options
    I got DH a large canvas with a black and white photo of him and Savannah, I also got him tickets to the Juventus v Barcelona soccer game in NJ in july.

i need to get something for my dad too
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    H loves zoos, and we recently became members at ours, so we will probably do a zoo day to celebrate. I want to get him a tablet. I better get moving to get one picked out and ordered!
  • Options
    I got DH a large canvas with a black and white photo of him and Savannah, I also got him tickets to the Juventus v Barcelona soccer game in NJ in july.

i need to get something for my dad too
    I need to get something for my Dad too, no idea what though and my Mom and brother are of no help. With the craziness of Damien's bday and planning for a bunch of visitors, I just haven't had time to ponder on something thoughtful.
  • Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    edited June 2017
    I had this made for Ian for Father's Day :)

ETA- I got this canvas from Shutterfly for like 40% off with free shipping and it came really quickly! I think I paid $65 and it's a 16x20
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I had this made for Ian for Father's Day :)
    That looks awesome!