August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 6/10-6/11

What's going on this weekend?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/10-6/11

• Options
    I have my cousin's graduation party today. Tomorrow, we're celebrating my mom's birthday. Really wanted to go on a walk or go to a pool and I'm struggling with this new no exercise guidelines from the doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just reorganized the pantry and moved stuff into another pantry type cabinet we added when we redid the kitchen a few months ago. I'm sweating and feeling icky so I'm taking a break with some Gatorade. I want to put the new drawer pulls on the nursery dresser and wash/sterilize pump parts and get them organized in the bag I got. DH is doing yard work. I'm really focused on getting the house cleaned over the next couple weekends since DS's birthday party is the 24th. Hoping to get it deep cleaned and then only having to maintain between now and baby.
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    I'm going to go grocery shopping (desperately need to do that), take my dog to the dog park, and probably binge on the new season of orange is the new black. It's going to be a lazy weekend over here!
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I'm sorry that must really stink. I couldn't survive pregnancy without staying active. Ugh 

@livlew I got rid of a ton of junk a few weeks ago but I still have to go through our basement. We used Purple Heart previously but I'm going to look into green drop! 

DH and I are visiting my family in Ohio for the weekend. My nephew's first birthday party is today! We got him a water table and I really want to play with it myself. Where were these when we were growing up?
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @BlackNYellow Purple Heart is one of the charities green drop will accept donations for. I always pick them!
  • Options
    I need clean the upstairs because I'm hosting my book club meetup tomorrow. I already consolidated the baby stuff pile that's on the fireplace, so there's that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @SpotConlon what's the book?
  • Options
    Going to deep clean this weekend and upcoming week. Yesterday I opened the pantry and there was a giant scorpion on the ceiling. After a brief panic, DH not responding, I called my mom and cried. Then I called the bug guy who came out and got him. It wasn't a small or else I would have just done it myself. But now I'm paranoid since DD crawls and walks everywhere. Hopefully it was just random and we don't have any more.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Going to my SILs shower today, looking forward to it. Should be pretty low key and she's very excited. Today is my birthday (31) so we are doing a family dinner tomorrow night, can't wait for my moms Chocolate dump cake. Technically not the weekend but what I'm most looking forward to is a prenatal message on Monday. Hopefully I get a few more things on my to do list accomplished as well this weekend. 
  • Options
    @lewliv The Lonely City by Olivia Laing. My friend recommended it and my club ended up picking it. It's part memoir, part biography about artists who explored themes about loneliness. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @JCPSand2B happy birthday! Hope you have a great day!

@aehogan90 a scorpion?!!! Holy shit. That's not a small bug! I would have started screaming and running! 
  • Options
    Did errands earlier, heading to the John Legend concert at Ravinia tnght with friends- should be relaxing since we bring our own food and have lots of yummy snack/app style stuff and just hang out.
    Tomorrow is the beach with the ILs.... bought lots of 'slushy' style drinks and a spray bottle/fan and big hat etc to help keep me cool since it is supposed to be 90 and I can already tell I will melt. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I spent way too much time outside and have taken all the approved allergy drugs I can. At least my doggos had a good time at the dog park!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working but excited because I have one week until vacation! I can do this!
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    edited June 2017
    If one more person tells me I look exhausted I'm going to snap. 

Went out and made a list of all the things I'll have to have shipped here for my hospital/postpartum bags. Less than I thought but still need to get it ordered. Tomorrow I plan on just trying to clean up around the house. We'll see though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nxy I am right there with you. Or "you look pale, are you feeling ok?" I'm always fair and can not tan for the life of me. Apparently I look like garbage the rest of the year too because my appearance has not changed one bit! 

DH and I are watching The Sound of Music tonight. I don't think he wants to but I am feeling a bit down and this is the only thing that sounds appealing to me at the moment. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    @BlackNYellow I'm ghostly too so I get that a lot also. 

My DH just falls asleep when I put musicals on  :D that's sweet of your DH!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    I'm so pale that I went outside (wearing spf 70) today for 20 minutes and got burned! 
  • Options
    I'm pale and have been for years. SIL is 10 years younger than me and despite my warnings that you're more susceptible to sunburn when pregnant went and got herself fried last month. She always tells me I should get a spray tan. Maybe I'm old, maybe I look pale, but at least o won't look like a leather bag or have melanoma at 40. I'll also save the spray tan money for something meaningful 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Nxy those are great! I can totally relate to the first one! My belly does not see sunshine because I like to wear one piece swimsuits. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 it's just simple syrup, muddled with fresh mint, a whole lime and then seltzer water. Its the same recipe we use for regular mojitos, but without the rum. DH makes the syrup (1 part water to 1 part sugar) and this time he put the mint in it too. So we didn't have to muddle the mint. Sooo good! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Finally bingeing OITNB after taking the kids to the splash park, and to Nana's for dinner. The park was crowded and hot, and I was miserable. Maybe tomorrow we'll do the pool. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Nxy here's my 20 minutes with spf 70. 
  • Options
    @tova24 that is my life as well.  It's taken me years to find sunscreen that works well for me.  It's not the best of the best, but it works for me, so I refuse to change it! I'm praying so hard my LO gets DHs skin (he's half Mexican half Hungarian), he never burns! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @littlebug2010 what sunscreen do you use? My father is from India and has never burned in his life. I'm the only sibling that didn't get the olive skin :neutral:

@secicc12 have fun at your massage! 
  • Options
    @tova24 for my face I use neutrogena oil free 100 spf. The spf is not why I use it, it's for the oil free. I have super sensitive skin and it is one of the only ones that doesn't aggravate it. For the rest of me, I use neutrogena sport spf 50 or 70 (I'm convinced they are the same). The sport stuff seems to help keep it on my skin a little longer. I'm also super careful about putting it on at the recommended times. 

Oh and check your bottles. Sunscreen expires!!! If it's past the date throw away! I used expired once and I got a second degree burn. It was like putting butter on my skin! 
    IVF started Feb 2020