August 2017 Moms
Options

Starting Weekly Non-Stress Tests (NST)

boxerbabyloveboxerbabylove member
edited June 2017 in August 2017 Moms
Since I'm on the cusp of July\August and I am a STM I don't post much in either group but I'm getting down to the end of this pregnancy and I was wondering if any other moms fall into the high risk 2 times a week Non-Stress Test bucket with me. Since I'm 35 I am automatically considered High Risk and since I have GD too I get to start my NSTs at 32 weeks. Yipee....

So...if you are anything like me and now have to spend an hour, 2 times a week, laying still and staring at your phone/ceiling I thought you could use a little company and/or reassurance, especially if this is your first time having to go through NSTs. 
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starting Weekly Non-Stress Tests (NST)

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    edited June 2017
    This is absolutely my grouchyness speaking (probably) 

Since you're on the cusp you decided not to intro or lurk around at all? This is a perfect post for our weekly random thread. 

My bad she intro'd in December and disappeared till now..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @playingonadream Why are you high risk because you are 35? I am 35, and my midwife decided since that is my only risk factor that I am not high risk. Is it because you got GD, too? (Just wondering for my own info).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had several miscarriages and a stillbirth. That coupled with the GD and an autoimmune condition makes me high risk. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nxy said:
    This is absolutely my grouchyness speaking (probably) 

Since you're on the cusp you decided not to intro or lurk around at all? This is a perfect post for our weekly random thread. 

My bad she intro'd in December and disappeared till now..
    you're right I probably should have but this under a different thread. It's probably a bit early for most people to be doing the NSTs in this group anyway. I haven't had a lot of questions this pregnancy and being PGAL I found myself not really feeling comfortable with this pregnancy sticking until I made it to 2nd trimester that coupled with the fact that I don't really have much experience that would be helpful to other moms so I haven't seen a real need to post but I am bored out of my skull during the testing and I thought there might be some others who were feeling the same and I didn't think about where I should post this.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    not wanting to participate in the pumping and breastfeeding thread any further is different from leaving entirely. Seems that's what is wanted though. I was just looking for a bit of support in the end of my pregnancy. I participate in other PGAL boards, but quite honestly don't participate on TB much, perhaps there proves to be reason for that. I'll find my way to another thread if I feel like participating further. Clearly asking how others are dealing with the increased frequency of testing was out of line. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    No, participate in OUR pgal check in. Ask people how they are doing in the weekly appointment thread.. You are absolutely welcome here but we've developed a community here and would appreciate it if newer people would at the absolute *very* least *try* and integrate into our structure. That's all. That's it. Please stay, but please also find some check-ins on our board and participate in the GTKY so we aren't talking to a stranger ya know. I'll go ahead and tag you in some threads you could join in on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I do NST as well as ultrasound twice a week now, in two different cities as they are unsure where I will be delivering. My high risk OB said if I can get to 37 weeks he will let me deliver in my town with my regular OB. My regular OB has no faith in me getting that far and is sure I will deliver in the other city, so for now I have a bag packed because if they don't like something they see on my NST or my ultrasound they will send me right over to be delivered (cesarean of course due to high blood pressure, they don't want to risk a vaginal birth) so I could deliver any week, but they won't let me go past 38 weeks so this little guy will be born in the next 4-6 weeks!
    Me: 27 DH: 29

Diagnosed with PCOS: January 2009

1st D&C: Janaury 2009
    Dating: March 18, 2009
    Married: June 12, 2010
    TTC: January 1, 2011
    2nd D&C: June 5, 2011
    3rd D&C: August 3, 2011
    Dec 2016: BFP (due 8/5/2017)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @PinkPrincessPiper that's not a very welcoming tone  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I understand. I really wasn't trying to make trouble. I am also a bit defensive it seems. I will check out your PGal threads.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bwing10 I am not dealing with 2 different offices, I can't imagine the bouncing all over and trying to fit everything in is helping reduce your stress levels! my heart goes out to you for the uncertainty you are dealing with. I know it must be hard not knowing exactly where you'll end up delivering. 

I've been told they won't let me go past 39 weeks with this baby due to the Gestational Diabetes. Since my DD was born at around 37&5 my OB is hoping I go naturally somewhere around 38 weeks. I don't really think they believe this one will cooperate though. If they decide this baby is getting too big all bets are off and I get a forced c-section. 

My 2 times a week NSTs have been good so far. it has been a struggle to get to my Ob's office and back to work without missing several hours of work that I have to make up. I really wish they offered a place I could go in the evenings to do the tests (since it is just fetal monitoring with a nurse).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 33 weeks today and started twice a week NST's at 31 weeks. Plus my normal OB appointments every 2 weeks along with growrh scans. All done at different places. It is kind of aggravating but I keep telling myself at least I'll know all the L&D staff at the hospital when the time comes. So far everything has been great on my NST's. I asked if that meant we could bump it down to once a week but was told no. 
  • Options
    @megrachelle829 Congratulations on all your NSTs going well! My second baby has also been behaving for her NSTs and it has been nice to get in and out in less than an hour. I've been lucky that my 2-week appointments are at the same location as my NSTs so we just schedule them back to back. It still blows up hours of the day. The once a week fluid measurement ultrasounds have me running around a bit though since those have to be done in a separate part of the hospital. 
    Pregnancy Ticker