How are YOU feeling?

Questions or concerns?

Any fun summer plans?

Re: 9 Month Check-in

• Options
    When does/did baby turn 9 months?
    June 1st

Any milestones hit?
    Crawling everywhere, pulls himself up, says Mama, and tries stealing all my food.

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-
    He would probably sleep through the night if I didn't do one nighttime feeding but we still do because he doesn't eat/drink enough during the day. Still takes about two to three naps a day.

Weight and length?
    15lbs 5.5oz and 28 ins. Long and skinny.

How are YOU feeling?
    Really good for the most part. Wanting to get back to working out but can't seem to find to time.

Questions or concerns?
    This may be random, but has anyone let their little one have a pickle? He hasn't ever had a whole one just a bite here and there from mine.

Any fun summer plans?
    No travel plans just enjoying the in-laws pool and getting things done for the wedding.
  • Options
    Haha! Funny! No pickles yet! My other babies loved them though, and still do!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh he loves them. When he sees me get one he follows me around the house until I let him have some. It is cute and annoying at the same time because I love pickles but don't like sharing or drool lol.
  • Options
    So funny! I often hide in closets eating chocolate. You might need some closet pickles  :D
  • Options
    May 31st...omg it's going so fast!!

Any milestones hit?
    crawling, pulling up on everything, climbing stairs, 1 tooth. We like to think mama and dadas are being said but its really more like mamamama and I think it means ' faster with that food woman!'

She went back to sleeping from 730 until 6 ish again finally. Naps are really hit and miss right now but we are having a bad teething week as she is usually pretty good for naps.

Weight and length?
    Just had our 9 month check up and she weighed in at 14.9 lbs and 26.5 inches. Still tiny but growing steady so the doc is happy. 

How are YOU feeling?
    Feeling great overall. Just tired of still not getting to sleep due to pumping at 1am. Getting a little of the day to day routine so I am looking into some summer activities to get us out of our rut.

Questions or concerns?
    Just trying to figure out all the food stuff, what to feed and when, what textures, finger foods, ect. 

Any fun summer plans?
    A couple of cottages and some camping. Not looking forward to the 8+ hour drive to one of them but it should be fun. We are hopefully taking her to the beach or pool this weekend for her first swim experience!
  • Options

June 7th 

Any milestones hit?
    He's crawling, pulling himself up on everything, and climbs on everything. He eats everything you put in front of him. And says momma bubba. 

Sleeps through the night or wakes up once. Naps 2-3 times a day with a consistent 2-3.5 nap in the middle of the day. 

Weight and length?
    24 pounds and 31 inches long
    He's huge! Wears the same size clothes and diapers as his 2 year old brother. 

How are YOU feeling?
    Still super depressed and unmotivated. Starting to think it's my birth control so looking to get it removed. 

Questions or concerns?
    Not really.
  • Options
    When does/did baby turn 9 months? He turned 9 Months today, June 12th

Any milestones hit? 
    He can pull himself up, he can crawl, he may or may not intentionally be saying Dada to my husband and his bottom two teeth came in.

He is a good napper. He takes 2-3 naps a day ranging from 1-2 hours. Nightime is not that great. He normally goes down easy but is up multiple times a night to use me as a human pacifier. 

Weight and length? 
    He's 18 lbs 10 oz and 29.5 inches long. 

How are YOU feeling?
     I'm okay. It's been a tough month unrelated to baby. My mom had a stroke and was in the hospital from around Mothers Day until this last Thursday. She is doing much better now though. My mom was watching my son so now we are scrambling to find childcare. I arranged to work remotely with my office so I can watch my son until we figure something out.  

Questions or concerns?
    My son slipped down the chart in weight, enough that his pediatrician wants to monitor his weight for the next month. She said he should be eating a lot of fats like more avocado and nut butters. Anyone have any other good ideas for fattier foods I can try?

Any fun summer plans? 
    Nothing other than a couple of out of town weddings. One is on the beach in Santa Cruz so I we're going to rent a beach house for the weekend. That should be fun!
  • Options
    BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited June 2017
    @Laraeq I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she continues to improve quickly and that you figure out childcare.

Maybe try to purée some chickpeas...sorta like a hummus. That would be high fat. I'm nervous for my LOs weight-in for some reason. He's always been right around the 50% for weight, but his appetite has been so unpredictable these last few months. I think he's gained about 2lbs from his 6month weight. I know weight gain slows after 6months, but I'm not sure how much is normal. 
  • Options
    @Laraeq Whole milk yogurt has a good fat content. I blended it with some fruit and froze it in small squares that fit in one of the silicone feeders I have. Has been great on these hot days! 
  • Options
    @Laraeq that sucks about your mom. Glad she's doing a bit better.
    As for fats, nut butters, full fat yogurt, coconut oil, egg yolks, cheese, full fat cottage cheese. I roast veggies in coconut oil for LO, cook eggs in it as well, I add PB to yogurt, add coconut oil w fruit to yogurt, you can make smoothies w all of the above as well if LO is good with a straw.
  • Options
    BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited June 2017
    June 8th

Any milestones hit?
    Crawling, pulling up on everything, cruising, got his first teeth (top two)

2 naps a day which total 2.5-3hrs. Nighttime sleep is great except for the fact that he wakes up between 5-5:30am. We won't get him before 6am but he never goes back to sleep. Because we live in a loft he gets a lot of sunlight in his room and I have a feeling his 5am wake-ups have to do with the light. 

Weight and length?
    20lbs 12.5oz and 29.5inches

How are YOU feeling?
    overall good. He certainly keeps me on my toes

Questions or concerns?
    Now that his top two teeth are in we want to wean him off the pacifier. He only really gets it for sleep. Anyone have experience with getting your lo to drop the pacifier?

Any fun summer plans?
    Not really...just finishing our house and moving. Trying to enjoy my last summer in Chicago. I'm more than ready to move into a house and be in a more child friendly place, but it is bittersweet. I love city living and have been here (same neighborhood and condo) for 10 years. 
  • Options
    hejo2016hejo2016 member
    edited June 2017

June 8th

Any milestones hit?
    Waving, clapping, signing "more" and "milk".  Pulling up, crawling.  Says mama and dada, pretty sure its purposeful at this point. Just had first tooth poke through yesterday.

I think we are finally down to one wake up at night.  Fingers crossed.  Naps are good.  Although she's in there refusing one right now...

Weight and length?
    19lbs and 26in.  I knew her growth slowed way down, but man she fell off the curve for height.  I assumed she'd stay in the 30th percentiles for height, but was down to the 4th.  Doc said she wasn't concerned "yet", ha!  I'm not worried, neither husband or I are big people, but my older kids are tall for their age.  Maybe a growth spurt will happen before the next appt!

How are YOU feeling?
    Usually overwhelmed with the never ending to do list and never being able to fully accomplish a damn thing...

Questions or concerns?
    Hmmmm....

Any fun summer plans?
    Headed to parents in the midwest for 5 days.  Not sure that'll be "fun".  Taking my oldest and the baby, my son gets to stay home and have fun with Daddy.
    Late September we're going to the Cali coast, that for sure will be fun!
  • Options
    drabong88drabong88 member
    edited June 2017
    When does/did baby turn 9 months 
    Tomorrow the 24th!

Any milestones hit?
    He is crawling and furniture cruising. Says dada and mama but am unsure it's purposeful. And his first tooth is just now popping through. Has also mastered using the sippy cup.

naps are good he takes a morning and afternoon nap, usually a 1.5 to 2hr nap each. Nighttime is a different story. He is still majority of the time waking up once sometimes more. Also even when he does sleep through the night he will only sleep for 8 or 9 hours most and then he is ready to get up and will be up for An hour or 2 and is then ready for a nap. I think I have just gave up the idea that he will ever sleep for 12 hours at night.

Weight and length?
    19lbs 6oz and 28.5 inches

How are YOU feeling?
    pretty good but still can't get a good schedule for housework. I feel like im just always playing catch up.

Questions or concerns?
    just wish he would sleep through the night consistently. 

Any fun summer plans?
    we are leaving next week for Florida! We have some friends down there who had a baby in January so we are just gonna stay with them. I'm excited to just relax and hang out with them, although I'm not looking forward to the 15hr drive. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    15hrs!? Agh!!!!
  • Options
    @hejo2016 Where in California are you going? I live on the Northern California coast.

• Options
    We do a yearly trip to Encinitas. Had to skip last year since I was birthing a baby at any moment. I've been to Crescent City before, but that's the only northern Cali town I've ever been!