July 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY!

We haven't done this in awhile. Maybe we should try to aim for once a week? 

What are your favorite summer activities? Any vacation plans? 

Re: GTKY!

• Options
    I love swimming or anything water related. Luckily it seems like Baby J does too. I also like a/c related activities like visiting the museum and movie theater. DH loves camping, but we've had bad mosquitos lately so I don't think I'm as invested in doing that this year. 

We are planning on going to CA next week, but other than not really. We have season passes to our Six Flags and it also has a water park included so we'll be there often this summer. 
  • Options
    Favorite summer activities include going to the lake, farmers markets, hiking/biking (we live right by a national park), lots of grilling, and tinkering around in my garden/yard. Oh! And concerts. We have a very cool outdoor venue. 

Vacation plans include a week in Corrolla, NC (outter banks) in July and a week in Ocean Isle, NC  in August. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love going to the lake! DH's family does a camping trip there every year and he plans to take E with him. I won't be going so I can have some alone time for a whole weekend! No other vacation plans since I'm not feeling well and we're trying to save money now for the impending hospital bill. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    I love swimming and fishing and going to Disney World. AJ also loves to swim, so we will be doing a lot of that and also trips to DW. 

I was was supposed to go to my cousins wedding in August, but DH can't go and I'm not up for a total of 10 hours of flight and 5 hours of driving with AJ by myself for his first flight. 
  • Options
    I love anything outside- dog walks, hanging out back and reading on my new porch swing (my Mother's Day present!).  We have a trip to Milwaukee planned so E can have a joint bday party with his cousin and get baptized.  Other than that, no big plans besides checking out local parks and splash pads!
  • Options
    Favorite summer activities: truck pulling (competing & watching), concerts, small-town festivals. When S gets older I know DH is excited to go on camping/fishing trips with her.
    Summer plans: lots of truck pulling (taking S to all but 2 in Missouri probably) with a 5 day trip to the Iowa State Fair and Wisner, Nebraska in August to compete that we are counting as our family vacation.
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma It's the opposite here. We didn't even get a winter this year. :( 

If it wasn't for stroller strides, I would not be outside as much this year as I have been. But on the upside, maybe all this sweats will help me lose a lot of my extra weight. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday this year winter was long and very cold. We went straight from freezing winter to hot summer.
  • Options
    My favorite summer activities include walking around the neighborhood, going on hikes and runs, reading on the porch, barbecues, going to beach. 

This summer we rented out a house in Sag Harbor, NY for a week, so we can be close family and friends and have a nice relaxing week on the water.