October 2017 Moms
Options

Trophy High Tuesday 6/6

What do you want to celebrate today?

Re: Trophy High Tuesday 6/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sjohns908 how did you pull that ish off???

• Options
    Today is graduation! Despite the fact that I actually have to work at it (conducting the band and choir), it's one of my favorite days of the whole year because I love celebrating my students' accomplishments.
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @sjohns908 I got that email from Panera a few months ago too! I was so pumped. I think I only went a few times. Now I wish I would have went more. 
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue yay! 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @JessDG I will have to use all my sick days, but first I get two "freebie" weeks starting from whenever the doctor says I can't continue working, which hopefully won't be until the actual birth. Then I use my sick time, which should take me through Thanksgiving. Then I can use short-term "pregnancy disability leave" for however long my doctor recommends, usually 6-8 weeks, which would be differential pay. We also have the option of using up to 12 weeks of child bonding leave, which is also differential pay.

This all adds up to more time than I actually even wanted to be out... I'm planning/hoping to be out all of October, November, and December and go back in January, since spring is festival and fundraising season. But it's awesome to know I have some flexibility!
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue congrats! I really need to buckle down on the potty training.

@sjohns908 I'm so jealous. Enjoy! I bet Parena knows I live ridiculously close to one so they would never give me that promo because I would go every day lol

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    @soprano19  That sounds like a pretty sweet deal!  :)
  • Options
    @JessDG it could definitely be a LOT worse! I'm very thankful to live in CA, and our union president is amazing.

Honestly, the hardest part will be finding a music-specialized long-term sub, and once I find one, actually handing over control of my classes!
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I have no idea, but I'm so damn stoked because it feels like I won something and I never win! Lol

Not that I'll manage to go very often since it's summer break and I don't feel like hauling all 3 of my kids into Panera for a free bagel. And then in turn end up buying them all something. Or maybe they know that would happen and that's why I got it.....