June 2017 Moms
Options

Nervous for planned c sec

Any of you mom's that are having a planned c sec or have had, please help me out. Mine is friday and I am getting frantic and scared. My first was ECS after trying to labor for 24+ hours, so I did not have time to think about surgery. Any tips on how to mentally prepare and not lose my shit completely that would be so appreciated. It was so easy before but now that it is days away

Re: Nervous for planned c sec

• Options
    I've only ever had a scheduled but I've heard it's much easier than an ECS.  I was totally awake and aware the entire time.  Yes, I was nervous but I just focused on seeing my baby.  Good luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a planned c sec but @neludelu has very sound advice.
  • Options
    I am no help. I scheduled my RCS (supposed to be today) to try to vbac. I am now equally worried.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    XathXath member
    This will be my 4th cesarean.  I also find myself nervous coming up to the date, but I find that on the day I can just focus on "this is what needs to happen to keep my baby safe."  The nerves are more of an issue leading up to the day rather than in the moment.  Good luck
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am trying for VBAC this time so I'm more nervous about labor, but my first DD was a scheduled c-section due to her being breech.  I was nervous beforehand too but just try to stay busy and keep your mind off it.  Once you are in the hospital checking in it will all go very quickly and you won't have time to worry.   
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    I was really nervous too. I actually have to admit I cried a little while they were prepping me. This was my second c-section. I focused on the doctor's and nurse's conversations with each other. If they were calmly talking about life and other things, it helped. It doesn't take long to get the baby out and then you can stare at that sweet face. Good luck! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I get super anxious before any procedure that includes anesthesia or any form of major cutting/incision.

My RCS is scheduled for Thursday morning... 

I think it's important to think about why you are anxious or scared.  To share my situation, this is super morbid but if I'm being honest, I am always worried that the unlikely medical event that they make you aware of is possible but NOT probable will happen to me. 

Am I scared that I could die on Thursday and leave my kids without a mom?  Yes.  Is that highly unlikely?  Yes.  My rational thoughts don't help me out though.  So I've coped by making a video for all of them... It's not perfect but I feel like it helped me be more ok knowing I had said goodbye and they'll know how much I loved them.

The other thing is... a C-section is major abdominal surgery and we are still birthing little humans.  I think it is normal to be scared, especially since we have a time/date set where it is happening... in a way it is more 'real' to us than waiting to go into labor as it is definitive.

All of us C-section mamas, whether planned or unplanned, got this!  
  • Options
    I get super anxious before any procedure that includes anesthesia or any form of major cutting/incision.

My RCS is scheduled for Thursday morning... 

I think it's important to think about why you are anxious or scared.  To share my situation, this is super morbid but if I'm being honest, I am always worried that the unlikely medical event that they make you aware of is possible but NOT probable will happen to me. 

Am I scared that I could die on Thursday and leave my kids without a mom?  Yes.  Is that highly unlikely?  Yes.  My rational thoughts don't help me out though.  So I've coped by making a video for all of them... It's not perfect but I feel like it helped me be more ok knowing I had said goodbye and they'll know how much I loved them.

The other thing is... a C-section is major abdominal surgery and we are still birthing little humans.  I think it is normal to be scared, especially since we have a time/date set where it is happening... in a way it is more 'real' to us than waiting to go into labor as it is definitive.

All of us C-section mamas, whether planned or unplanned, got this!  
    I'm not having a c section, at least not planning on it. But this is my great fear too. I write dd in a journal just in case. I wasn't worried at all when having her, but now the thought of leaving her behind keeps me up at night, I'm so freaked out. Even though chances are so good I'll be fine. Ugh. I can't wait for it to be over so I can just hold my babies and stop worrying about that particular nightmare. 
  • Options
    @Kylieslip24 it is a hard fear to deal with when it isn't just about you or your SO anymore... you know it would have a huge impact on one or more lives, to grow up without a mother.  

Hormones don't help... I am so emotional I referenced Baz Luhrmann to help better explain my hopes for them :D 
  • Options
    Yes I wrote an email to my son's email, and a letter to my husband. But you are right. A video is a good idea. I am bad with the irrational thoughts as well. That is my problem.