October 2017 Moms

workout check in 6-5

(if you are lurking, dont be shy and please participate!  the more the merrier and any kind of working out is welcome)

1. how did last week go?  what are your plans for this week?

2. any funny pregnancy-related workout fails?

3. gtky: what is your least favorite workout?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: workout check in 6-5

• 1. how did last week go?  what are your plans for this week?
    Last week was good workout-wise, but the snide comments from people have started to roll in. I participated in a charity 24 hr rowing event and rowed the 5 - 5:30 am slot. It's only 1 hr earlier than I'm usually at the gym and I got to bed way earlier than most. Someone asked my husband how he "let me do that" and said I was upsetting the unborn baby's sleep schedule. 

I wish I had a funny story. 

Running. Long distance running. I probably have not run a mile in 9 years. 
  • @cram314 i am sorry that someone was such a dick!  not only was that an insanely offensive sexist comment (let you do it?? wtf), it was also really ignorant as to what pregnant women are capable of.  i read it and was super impressed!  there is no way i would voluntarily sign up to row for 30 mins straight.  nice job!

last week was great. i worked out 4 times and even made it to yoga.  yoga felt good but it reminded me how much i need it.  pregnant or not, with the amount of running and lifting i do i really need to incorporate stretching and flow yoga more into my routine.

i clearly wrote this with somethign in mind...i regularly pee myself during workouts. if it involves jumping forget it.

probably rowing.  i would rather run any day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @cram314 that's such bullshit.  I'm sorry that you had to deal with ignorant people.  We're pregnant, not crippled.  Ugh....

Alright.  I wanted to get in the gym three times but the coach was sick with a stomach bug and cancelled the morning classes.  In my last workout I deadlifted 185 x 5 and felt great...no pain or strain.  I want to get into the gym at least three times this week.  I was going to go this afternoon but I'm completely wiped out from my business trip this weekend, so I felt a rest day was more important.

I was getting out of the GHD and got stuck because of my bigger belly.  I was able to get out just fine, but it was funny.

Anything that involves running. 

June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker