August 2017 Moms

Re: Weekly Random 6/5

• lewlivlewliv member
    How long after the baby's born can you take him/her for walks?
  • @lewliv I actually started taking DD1 for walks after about 1 week. I felt ok and didn't go super far. I think it's just important to listen to your body and DR/midwife and not over do it. 

My randome one is that I feel like I missed so much in the time I haven't been able to get on TB! Now that we are getting closer to baby time, it was crappy not to be able to even lurk and see what was going on on the board. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Loading the player...
  • My random is that I'm convinced I look like a giant peach today. 
    I threw on black skimmer slacks, a black cardigan, and a peach colored tank top. So I feel like all one sees of me is a massive peach ball o' baby bump. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a dream last night that I gave birth naturally to a healthy (roughly 8 month old) baby boy. After his initial checkup, the doctor told me that he wasn't ready to be born and proceeded to put him back inside me in the same fashion he came out. Oh boy was that terrifying. 
  • mrsw2017 said:
    I had a dream last night that I gave birth naturally to a healthy (roughly 8 month old) baby boy. After his initial checkup, the doctor told me that he wasn't ready to be born and proceeded to put him back inside me in the same fashion he came out. Oh boy was that terrifying. 
    Like Stewie Griffin in the time travel episode of Family Guy (well, he time traveled quite a bit). Did your baby have room for a pool table in utero too? Lol. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My random is that I swore I was going to save money and not swim this summer and not have to buy a maternity swimsuit. That lasted till today!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @lewliv we probably started taking short little walks when my babies were like 2-3 weeks old. Just around the neighborhood but it's nice to get out
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• So after my post this weekend in the randoms about wanting to leave my job, I talked to my boss today.
    She came in the office and inquired about something she had asked me to do. I already had a completely overfilled plate today and barely got a lunch or time to pee. She caught me off guard and I basically started tearing up (which was completely unexpected and I was embarrassed). So I basically unloaded on her about everything I was unhappy with. I actually felt like she was listening to me and we may be getting somewhere, I was starting to feel good about the conversation when she basically blamed all my feelings all on "pregnancy hormones" and eluded to the fact that I was being a little hard to deal with because I was pregnant. I tried to hide it but I was INSTANTLY FURIOUS. I wanted to ask her why my male peers were feeling the same way I do, are they pregnant too? I know they've brought the same concerns to her. 

I am done. It really solidified it for me. I have to make it through my mat leave and then I can find something else.
  • tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 I'm so sorry! That sounds straight up awful. How dare she blame horemones 
  • DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited June 2017
    Random- the maternal instinct is kicking in well and good. 

We have great relationships with my parents and DH's parents. I trust all of them and I trust my sister and BIL to babysit our baby. 

But like... my sister is buying a used pack-n-play off Craigslist. This is no different from the fact that we're accepting a loaner pack-n-play from a friend and a used crib from a friend. But reading her e-mail about it, my first gut reaction is, "OMG, what if it collapses while Baby is sleeping in there?" She even said she's going to test it before buying and if she buys will bleach the shit out of it. But again, my gut reaction is worry about my sister's supervision and the sturdiness of a used baby product. My sister worked in childcare for several years and knows what she's doing. 

Edit to add- I had the same reaction when my mom said swings were great and she'd keep a swing at her home for the baby. Well, my good friend knows someone whose chubby-faced 2mo baby suffocated and died in a swing, so my gut reaction is that swings are bad and someone better supervise my baby in that swing and don't anyone dare take their eyes off her for a second. 

This makes no logical sense. Welcome to motherhood I guess?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @belmont1785 I would talk with HR.  I think that her blaming everything you said to her on your pregnancy is discrimination.  I fully support you doing what you need to do to get through until after mat leave, but I would still bring it up to them.  That way she cant do it to anyone else who might become pregnant even after you leave. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • NxyNxy member
    @DeansGirl14 Yea used baby stuff shouldn't be brining you this much stress. You can inspect most baby things (aside from a carseat I suppose) and used is fine. if the bars on the pack n play were going to collapse inspecting it and testing it should be enough to chill you out. But I guess I'm just the type..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 - maybe offer up to bring your PNP when she babysits, or offer to buy one for her house? I always just sent mine with DD when she stayed at my parents' house. 
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    OMG definitely call HR, @belmont1785
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• @DeansGirl14 we actually got a free PNP from our neighborhood kids freebox that we got specifically for my IL to keep at their house. We are washing it based on all the online recommendations (bathtub-soap-dry outside etc) and we have had it set up for about a month with some stuff in it just to make sure it is good, but we were stoked to get it. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I broke down and hired a house cleaner today. One time clean and then if I am happy with it, maybe more regular. First time is next Friday. I'm legitimately nervous about a stranger in my house cleaning. But at this point I am too tired to care.
  • tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 I'm finishing all my "house projects" and will hiring a house cleaner in 3 weeks (I still got 2 more closets to clean, curtains to hang, etc.). I'm kind excited about the idea.  
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @belmont1785 I did the same. No shame. 
  • My house is only 727 square feet and I have NO reason to hire a housekeeper, but damnit I want to! Lol!

My random is that I got in a semi-argument on Facebook on our community page. I never engage, as it is usually pointless, but this chick posted a picture complaining of truck that was double-parked in a handicapped space, driven by a teeny tiny elderly lady, and then she and several others proceeded to make fun of not only physical handicaps, but mental handicaps. After a full day of reading comments and NOBODY speaking up about how deplorable the things they were saying were, I had to. 

And maybe this is a FFFC, but if you can't make a valid argument without using profanity and calling names, your opinion and point of view is immediately null and void to me. 
  • @AdvoCyndi30
    Our house is 1000 sq feet but I'm only having her clean 3 rooms (and not the 2 bedrooms). I enjoy having a small house because I usually can clean it top to bottom in 2 hours. But right now I just don't have the energy plus my two year old is good at destroying it fast.

How do you fit a family of 4 into a 727 sq ft? I'm going crazy trying to figure out space saving ideas for us!! We are wanting to move to a bigger house soon but also want to take advantage of the low mortgage as long as possible.
  • @belmont1785
    We're going to have a family of 3 in 800 square feet. Space saving ideas- look at Pinterest and search for, basically, "small home storage" or "space saving"- I find a lot of fun articles that way. 
    First, DH and I just can't be sentimental. Things I used to save like old birthday cards? Pitch 'em. Seasonal cleaning out of old clothes- the old rule that if you haven't worn it in a year, pitch it. We grocery shop weekly for things we need for the week because our "pantry" is basically one corner cabinet with a lazy susan. Our home does have ridiculously tall cabinets (and higher than average ceilings in general) so that does help. Also, our ottoman is a storage ottoman that has a top that flips from soft to hard so it's a combo coffee table/footrest. We have a beautiful trunk that stores pillows and blankets. The dining table folds down. Our bed had to be a splurge, it's a storage bed but has the biggest drawers we could find. Our bedside tables are actually more like narrow dressers. Basically, every piece of furniture that could possibly be closed and contain something is storage (so no sleek minimalist end tables for us!). We also have very organized closets- lots of shelves and baskets. Our entire respective wardrobes fit in one half of a standard closet (not a walk-in); we don't have dressers. The baby's closet is going to be one-half of the smaller bedroom's closet, with the other half of the closet being our coat closet and other random "stuff"- i.e. suitcases. I also had to clear out our one big bookshelf of things we never read anymore. Thank God I have a Kindle because physical books take up wayyyy too much space. Now I've got two large shelves of the bookcase for baby stuff. We also got an over-the-door shoe storage thingie (one of the hacks I saw on Pinterest!) to store other random baby stuff. Finally, we're thinking about replacing our standard water heater with one of those wall-mounted efficient things because the amount of room it would open up in the utility closet would be significant. That's a big financial investment though. 

If all else fails, rent a storage unit. We haven't had to go that far yet though! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14

All great ideas! We've done a lot of these and built a lot of storage into our small home. I'm definitely not a saver. But my DH saves everything! We also have a nice garage and we've built some nice storage into it. My in laws have a huuuuge house with tons of storage so thankfully we are able to store things there. 

Kids just bring a ton of junk...no matter how little to try to get by with.
  • @DeansGirl14

All great ideas! We've done a lot of these and built a lot of storage into our small home. I'm definitely not a saver. But my DH saves everything! We also have a nice garage and we've built some nice storage into it. My in laws have a huuuuge house with tons of storage so thankfully we are able to store things there. 

Kids just bring a ton of junk...no matter how little to try to get by with.
    LOL to the bolded- we're dreading that! DH has an extremely low tolerance for clutter and I've told him our nice, neat home may become a disaster area. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14

Yep! For an example...my 2 year old wore a new outfit today. And when I took the tags off...she about had a coronary when I tried to throw them away..."BUT THOSE ARE MINE!!!!"

So because I didn't want to fight...she got her way and kept the damn tags (for now) hahah
  • NxyNxy member
    @belmont1785 :D I've got old tags too.. kids are so weird!
    BabyFruit Ticker