Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Memorials

Hi everyone, 

So sorrry for everyone's losses, but I am glad this board exists to support one another. 

I recently miscarried at 8 wks and am starying to wonder about how to remember baby. And just wanted to ask if anyone else had made a memorial for their child. We don't have any remains but i'd like to think of something to remember our child. 

Any ideas are appreciated. 

Love and hugs to all.
Megs

Re: Memorials

• @MeggsM have you considered planting a tree or annual bulb?
  • This is mine.  We don't have remains either.  I bought stones off Etsy and then planted a perennial at each one.  Each stone has the date on it. This gives me a place to go to when I need it.  I'm also going to get a tattoo when I'm finished TTC 
  • Loading the player...
  • I planted a memorial garden this past spring in memory of my 4 losses.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @MeggsM I also have a bracelet that I designed for this baby and our loss. 
  • I purchased this from Etsy. I don't have the courage to wear it yet so I keep it in my jewellery box next to my bed. 
  • DH has our son's name tattooed on him ,  so when we suffered the loss, he came up with the idea for us to get matching tattoos for our baby
  • MeggsMMeggsM member
    Thank you all for sharing your ideas. They are all beautiful memorials. I'll share mine when i've decided - i'm between a tattoo, a bulb or tree of somekind or framing our one and only ultrasound picture. 

Hugs to all. 
  • I just got a little Pandora charm. I love the heart. It reminds me of our baby's tiny little beating heart no matter how weak and slow it was. ❤️
  • My DF got me a necklace meant to represent our two babies on Mother's Day back when we still thought the pregnancy was viable, that's become my memorial. 
  • We have several. My friend bought us a rose bush for our house. We planted a tree at MIL's because all the kids and grandkids have a tree planted there. Also we had called the baby Robin (from Batman), and we bought a small teddy bear dressed as Robin that we keep. We also found a Christmas ornament. In my family each child gets a Christmas ornament. It was important that we honor this baby as we would any other child we may have (the tree, the Christmas ornament). 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• HowlCircusHowlCircus member
    edited July 2017
    I have done quite a few.

-got a tattoo

-bought a ring for my SO at the time that says "Daddy of an angel" and she sent me a matching necklace for myself
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/113694193/secret-message-i-love-you-made-to-order?ref=shop_home_active_3
    I highly recommend her <3

-I have a build a bear my roomie made for me

-I still talk to him and try to live my days to make him (my baby) proud
  • i got a tattoo im memorial this way its always next to my heart and i have no green thumb couldnt stand it if a memorial tree/plant died too
  • My tattoo says "te desidero", which means "I'm missing you" with the miscarriage/infant loss ribbon. It's still healing so it looks a bit rough yet.