October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend chit-chat (6/3)

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Re: Weekend chit-chat (6/3)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @purplestarz I would call just for clarification as well, but I'm sure it's because of how much you over paid by. 

• Options
    @purplestarz that happened to us too.  We got two separate checks and I just deposited the money because yayyyyy money.   We should probably have called too!

• Options
    @callababy17 while I didnt grow up here and my family isn't from here so my parents and grandparents have no ties, they were apart of the Catholic Church and knew of this as it went on. I however do live close now and even closer to where they say Joyce was found- a lady they think has similarities to the murder of Sister Cathy.  The catholic school actually just closed it doors for good after graduation two weeks ago. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Happy weekend ladies! 

@flowerintherain Your bow turned out great! 

@curlyq423 Oh the temptation!! I went to a wedding at 8 weeks pregnant and no one knew I was KU yet. So not only could I not drink, I also had to make excuses all night! 

Today I did did a little bit of school work, grocery shopped, transplanted my pothos vine into a bigger hanging pot, cleaned the house, and am now about to make dinner. Feeling like a productive lady!! 

DH and I are making a Thanksgiving in June dinner tomorrow, and I'm so excited to eat ALL the food. I'm making an apple and blackberry pie to go with! 
  • Options
    @canonmom413 that's crazy. I'm only at episode 6 but once I finish I'm going to need to talk about this whole case. It's horrible!!
  • Options
    @canonmom413 that's crazy. I'm only at episode 6 but once I finish I'm going to need to talk about this whole case. It's horrible!!
    It really is insane. Heartbreaking and disgusting. One episode actually had me questioning my own suppressed memories. None of which are even remotely as horrible as what went on in that school. What makes me cringe is the fact that there had to be cover ups. Had to!! And truth be told, most police departments do cover up a lot of things from the public to defend themselves and pretend it's to protect the community. Sickening. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @purplestarz that happened to us last year....except the opposite, lol, our payment went up and we had an escrow deficit. SO enjoy it!!  ;)

• Options
    Julias are suuuper cute when pregnant!  It makes me want to buy more but I already have like 6 of them.   :#

• Options
    Yesterday on my flight I spilled coffee on my laptop.  Aaaaaand now it's dead.  At the beginning of a two week business trip where I need a laptop. :'(  On the bright side, some how the coffee only spilled on the inside and not the outside of my yellow tieks, and there is both a best buy and an apple store within walking distance from me.  

..... sighhhhhhhh.....

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 oh man, that's what I'm afraid of! I can see myself cashing this and then in a few months or a year they'll be like just kidding, we need that back. 

We owned our last house for five years and the payment never changed. I don't think I realized this could happen haha

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestarz I think usually it's because they estimated taxes wrong or your homeowners insurance amount changed. So maybe one of those things happened this year? They told me last year that they only assess escrow once a year, so it can take that long for a difference in taxes or insurance to affect the amount you're paying.

• Options
    Way to go @bluejeanbabi05! DH has only taken me twice and I lost a lot of balls.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @purplestarz I think usually it's because they estimated taxes wrong or your homeowners insurance amount changed. So maybe one of those things happened this year? They told me last year that they only assess escrow once a year, so it can take that long for a difference in taxes or insurance to affect the amount you're paying.
    So I know it's no longer the weekend and I apologize for bring life back into this thread but I decided to call my mortgage company today and I am so glad I did. Kind of. I mean, I might have be happier living in ignorant bliss for a few months.

long story short...PYSCH! my mortgage company sucks big nuts and were estimating our taxes incorrectly. I spent way too long on the phone with them and the tax assessor office. Instead of this free $1000 bucks and a reduction in our payment, our payment is actually going up $20 and we will still have a deficit of $254.

whats even more INFURIATING is they can't take this check back for whatever reason. So I just have to cash it and pay it back to them I guess with my mortgage payment.

so, really it's like they just should have kept our payment the same and never sent us this check. So I guess I can't complain too much other than the fact this could have all been avoided.

Moral of the story, it's always a good idea to call and get clarification or we would have gotten a significant bill in December if I would have cashed the check and looked the other way.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker