September 2017 Moms

FFFC 6/2/17

I didn't see one today, so here we go. Give us something good. We're getting boring. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: FFFC 6/2/17

• Loading the player...
  • cchenal07 said:
    I had my GD test today and I told my boss I was going to work from home after because it might make me sick. Really I just wanted to have time to do laundry and pack for vacation tomorrow.
    You're kind of my idol for this.

The most I let myself do was take a half day next Tuesday for it. We have someone out on PTO and it's going to be a crazy week. 
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited June 2017
    @jena333-2 I'm really considering doing that today. I'm so grumpy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Note to self... Do not lie. Karma happens, I failed my 1 hr test so now I have to schedule the 3 hr.
  • @cchenal07 Sorry. That sucks. I do recommend taking the whole day off for the 3 hour if you can. I had a really tough time with it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @cchenal07 FX you pass the 3 hour with flying colors! I also second making sure you have the day off. Being in a doctor's office that long and having to fast all day is miserable.

My FFFC, I totally just said fuck it and walked out of a work comp doctor appointment. The office left me sitting there for over an hour and a half with no one even coming by. All the while I could see the doctor's and nurses sitting around outside my room playing on their phones and chit chatting, including the doctor who was supposed to have seen me at 3pm. Ugh! 

I have decent insurance, and the only out of pocket cost I have had to pay for it was $15 for the office visit. If my manager hadn't made me I wouldn't even have bothered with filing the paperwork. No $15 is worth my time being wasted by incompetent douchebags. HR didn't even bother to ask me if the time they set (on my own personal time outside work hours and unpaid with less than 24 hours notice of course) would work for my schedule. It's not like I would have preferred to be at the hospital with DH since SIL was induced this morning and we are expecting my neice to arrive soon. 
  • What does FFFC stand for? I get it some sort of confession thread but what exactly? I tried to look it up in the abbreviations guide but didn't see it. Thanks!
  • kgemkid said:
    What does FFFC stand for? I get it some sort of confession thread but what exactly? I tried to look it up in the abbreviations guide but didn't see it. Thanks!
    Flame Free Friday Confession
  • hmclaren said:
    kgemkid said:
    What does FFFC stand for? I get it some sort of confession thread but what exactly? I tried to look it up in the abbreviations guide but didn't see it. Thanks!
    Flame Free Friday Confession
    Meaning that for the most part you can confess things here and not be flamed. But it's not guaranteed that you won't get flamed. I'm super surprised nobody has flamed me for what I did to my roommates toothbrush, but pleasantly surprised.