May 2017 Moms
Options

Ticker Change 6-1

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?

GTKY: What facial or physical features do you think/want your baby to get from you, from your SO?

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: Who does your baby look more like, you or your SO? Any mannerisms or other physical features baby got from you or your SO?

Re: Ticker Change 6-1

• Options
    DS is a week and a half old today!

He had his 2 day check up last Thursday and everything looked good. He lost 10oz since he was born but I can already tell he's gained back most of that.

Breastfeeding was initially a lot harder than I thought it would be. I was having trouble getting DS to latch properly, which caused extreme nipple soreness and cracking. Thankfully, DS has been latching better and nursing is going much better now.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?
    Nothing really. DS sleeps 2-3 hours at a time at night. I've been feeling pretty rested during the day if I'm able to take a nap in the afternoon.

Rants/raves/questions
    H and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary :)

GTKY: Who does your baby look more like, you or your SO? Any mannerisms or other physical features baby got from you or your SO?
    DS definitely looks like his dad! His hair is starting to get lighter so I hope he gets my hair color. DS also has my ears. 
  • Options
    redheelerredheeler member
    edited June 2017
    How many weeks old is baby? 2 weeks today

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? We have an appointment for a tongue tie revision next week, and a repeat hearing screen on Monday.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? Just struggling with this tongue/lip tie, using nipple shields has helped a lot, but they pinch sometimes and are still painful, and I'm sick of him unlatching at every letdown and covering me in milk. I cannot wait to no longer smell like stale milk -.-
    He was also 140g above his birthweight 2 days ago! Feeling pretty proud that I did that!

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? None I can think of.

Rants/raves/questions? I'd love to know which part of "I just got the baby to sleep, can you be quiet" nobody in my house understands -.- 

GTKY: Who does your baby look more like, you or your SO? Any mannerisms or other physical features baby got from you or your SO? He is the spitting image of his brother I haven't even stopped to think about which of us he looks like because he looks so much like DS1, his mannerisms are all the same, they even sleep in the same position.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    @luckywife10 happy anniversary

@PartiallyDomesticated sounds like baby has a busy week coming up, I hope all goes well.

How many weeks old is baby? 13 weeks / 3 months old on Saturday

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? nothing until July

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? DD slept 6 continuous hours last Sunday night. It felt nice to sleep so long. Then she went back to her normal night time patterns. I am not concerned at all about her sleep, but I look forward to the future of sleeping again

Rants/raves/questions? My boys are vacationing in Mexico right now and I miss them so much. However, it's really nice to have this one on one time with Lucia.

GTKY: Who does your baby look more like, you or your SO? Any mannerisms or other physical features baby got from you or your SO? DD looks so much like DH. It's the first thing everyone says when they see her.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    Baby is almost 8 weeks old. Adding formula in addition to bf has really helped her weight gain.  She now weighs 7lbs 9oz (she was 5lbs 5.5oz at birth).

I'm ready for her to start smiling! She seems like she's trying to but hasn't quite got it yet. 

GTKY: I think my baby looks like me but most people say she looks like DH. She sleeps like me (arms out of the covers).
  • Options
    Congrats, @luckywife10!

@PartiallyDomesticated, how do they do a tongue tie revision? 
  • Options
    n&a0630 said:
    Congrats, @luckywife10!

@PartiallyDomesticated, how do they do a tongue tie revision? 
    They either cut or laser it, depending on the preference of the doctor
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    @PartiallyDomesticated How did your appts go?
  • Options
    n&a0630 said:
    @PartiallyDomesticated How did your appts go?
    Our hearing test went well, he passed with flying colours so he must've just had fluid in his ear in hospital.
    we have our tongue tie appointment tomorrow
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    Hi all, I totally missed all ticker changes since baby was born 5/18. So my response to this one is a week late but I'm too lazy to start one for today, 6/8.

3 weeks

I went to a chiropractor for my spd earlier this week. She seemed like she knew what she was talking about. She adjusted something and I felt a difference. But then I feel like it was screwed up again literally minutes later when I had to carry DD in her carseat out the building because I couldn't find the handicapped exit to stroll her (so I had to break down the stroller). I have another appointment for next week. I'm very skeptical about whether anything will come of this.

DD is doing so well and is gaining rapidly. She is gassy and cries over that sometimes, but it's not that bad. Definitely not at "colic" level or anything. As for breastfeeding it is fine now that my supply has calmed down a bit. I do have some armpit lumps, though, that are a bit painful, and I'm trying to work those out to avoid mastitis.

Sleeping is different every night. Sometimes it's amazing (we had two 10-4 nights!!!) and sometimes it's not (sometimes DD has days and nights confused and is literally wide awake in the middle of the night for hours...or crying inconsolably from gas.) Most of the time it's in between and really not so bad -- waking 2 times per night, with 2-3 hour stretches of sleeping.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Just the SPD is bothering me. I have also been dealing with this postpartum bleeding issue and there is lingering uncertainty about that, though the bleeding itself has mostly calmed down (some days it acts up again, but it's never big gushes or anything.) I also passed a few chunks of things that didn't seem quite like blood clots and could have been lingering placenta. So I'm still just monitoring the situation on that front.

Everyone says she looks like DH. But I know she looks like my newborn pictures, especially with some expressions she makes. Most of all she looks like DS, especially when her eyes are closed. They are TWINS. Their sister, though, the middle child, looked quite different from the two of them. I'm curious now whether DD#2 will continue to look like DS as she gets older or whether she'll just look like her own person or what. If she does look like DS then she'll look like me, because DS is basically a male version of me. DD#1 looks more like DH or some other family member.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @kat81: That's so interesting about your three kids' looks! Something fun to look forward to as time goes by.