Adoption
Hi Bumpies,

We sincerely apologize for the continued log-in issues you're experiencing with our Community. Our Tech team has prioritized this issue and is actively working on a solution; we are hoping to have a fix released soon. We know this glitch is extremely inconvenient and we really appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

If you have any questions or additional concerns, please email us at support@thebump.com.

Thanks,
The Bump Team

June 2017 - I am adopting/fostering or I want to adopt/foster

Are you thinking about adopting / fostering? Are you in the process of adopting/fostering? If so, please tell us more about yourself and your experiences so far.

-What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)

-How are you feeling about the process right now?

-Any questions?

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?

-Anything else to add?
Me: 25   H: 24
TTC #1: September 2015 - October 2016
NTNP: November 2016 - present
TSH levels brought down from 4.56 to 1.69!

Foster Care process
Finished licensing requirements: June 2017
Waiting for our first placement!

Re: June 2017 - I am adopting/fostering or I want to adopt/foster

• -What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Foster Care

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) We did the home study yesterday and we have one more training session. Then it's just the paperwork to officially be licensed! Our licensing rep even said it's likely we'll get a placement right away because they have a couple of kids who might need to switch foster homes soon.

-How are you feeling about the process right now? Pretty good. We really like the people we have been working with so far and they've made it pretty painless. The training sessions have been long, but definitely helpful. Mostly I'm just suddenly nervous about maybe getting a child any day now.

-Any questions? I don't think so.

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? I guess be prepared for scheduled meetings to not happen right on time. Our home study started an hour late because our licensing rep had been at court and of course that went late so she wasn't able to get to us on time. Stuff like that is probably pretty common, especially with the US government (maybe Canada is better?)

-Anything else to add? Not at the moment
    Me: 25   H: 24
    TTC #1: September 2015 - October 2016
    NTNP: November 2016 - present
    TSH levels brought down from 4.56 to 1.69!

Foster Care process
    Finished licensing requirements: June 2017
    Waiting for our first placement!
  • Ummmm....guess I'll post here, too??

-What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?
    FTA

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)
    Just getting started. Orientation tomorrow.

-How are you feeling about the process right now?
    Conflicted and ambivalent. 

-Any questions?
    As I said on the other thread, I'd love to find an active online support community for FTA. I'd appreciate any pointers.

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?
    Nope

-Anything else to add?
    Nope