October 2017 Moms
Options

UO (6/1)

2»

Re: UO (6/1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ac1259 I'm sure that summer isn't cake for parents who normally don't have their kids at home with them, and I would never suggest that being a SAHM is easier than any other job. As much as I would like to be able to stay home with this little one, we can't afford for me not to work, even with a crappy ten-month teacher salary. And I could go on and on about the work I put in throughout the school year that doesn't get compensated, but I don't think it would do anyone any good. I just hope that working will make me a better parent, like you said, in that I will appreciate my time off to spend with my own kids that much more.

Then again, I'm a FTM, so what do I know.

• Options
    ac1259ac1259 member
    soprano19 said:
    @ac1259 I'm sure that summer isn't cake for parents who normally don't have their kids at home with them, and I would never suggest that being a SAHM is easier than any other job. As much as I would like to be able to stay home with this little one, we can't afford for me not to work, even with a crappy ten-month teacher salary. And I could go on and on about the work I put in throughout the school year that doesn't get compensated, but I don't think it would do anyone any good. I just hope that working will make me a better parent, like you said, in that I will appreciate my time off to spend with my own kids that much more.

Then again, I'm a FTM, so what do I know.

All I was basically trying to say is try not to judge what you don't know. I'm sure you picture these privileged SAHM's sitting on their butts and doing whatever they want all the time. I've done both sides of this picture, I'm a nurse, I've been a working mom, I've been a SAHM, I've been a "I do freaking all of it and it drove me insane mom" where I worked night shift on the weekend working 2 12 hour shifts in a row, did not sleep at all for 1 day a week and got to come home and be a SAHM all week long keeping up with my kids. It's all freaking hard no matter how you slice it.  I never said anything about you being a FTM and not knowing anything or anything about teachers not working hard for not enough pay. Trust me, I don't think either of those things. But I know as a TTM, that I've kicked myself many times for judging other moms in most situations when I hadn't been there yet. It does you more good to withhold judgement sometimes until you've actually experienced it yourself. 

• Options
    yasandsonyasandson member
    edited June 2017
    @bluejeanbabi05 agreed, it shouldnt be said. Wether it is in a convo or even worse, in music. Black folks (hip hop and rnb stars here)  must know not only black people listen to that music. But i have to censure myself when im singing along to a song in my car stuck in trafic otherwise i could offend the haitian or african dude in the lane next to me. 
    Same goes for sexual orientation and the f word. I think its confusing to people and if that word has a negative sound to it, nobody should say it. 
  • Options
    My UO is that I think siggy challenges are dumb. I'm totally going to get flamed, I know. I just don't get it and seeing the same gif all month is just annoying. 

+1 to @carries2018 UO about everyone's profession making the world go-round. I work in retail management because I love it. I have a Bachelor's, I could get a different job, but this is what I want to do. People always ask me what I'm going to do with my degree :| 

And on the topic of minorities using deragatory words I think that it's up to them what they find acceptable and not acceptable. I am half Native American and sometimes my siblings and I will call each other savages, but obviously it's not okay for non-natives to call natives savages. I think part of it is understood that when coming from another person of the same minority it has different connotations than if someone not in that minority uses it. I think it's less about taking back the word and more about making the word something else entirely. But that's just my two cents on the topic, and a different perspective. 

• Options
    i dunno i guess i get equal comments "oh you let H go golfing today? after he has been gone for baseball for the past few months?" i think people are just more so empathizing with the work load you have. but i agree it tends to be more in the male's favor at least with older generations. my friends are waiting in line to kick H in the nuts if he takes too much time haha. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails