July 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    If you have an issue with your neighbors, it's not the HOA's job to take care of it for you. Especially when you live in a small, old subdivision. 

I also generally hate HOA's that do more than collect a small annual fee to keep up the entrances and things like that. 
  • Options
    I'm not a cat or a dog person. I have a cat and she is not my fur baby. She is really clingy, and gets on my nerves 90% of the time. My DH loves her, so he makes up for my indifference. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes to hating HOAs!!!! We have one, but luckily, it's pretty low key and they don't collect dues. We have a page on some neighborhood app, and that's annoying enough. Mostly people just complain about others speeding. They've had the police come and do an assessment, which said that 87% of drivers were at or under the speed limit, so it's not a huge concern, but it hasn't stopped them from complaining. One woman even posted about an ambulance that was driving too fast ( the ambulance had its lights on). These people need to get lives. 
  • Options
    Agreed to all of the above on birth stories. I also don't like how it seems to become a competition. "Oh, you pushed for 90 minutes? I pushed for 5,000 hours!"  
  • Options
    My UO: I think there is really no point in asking any questions on this board because you get so many different answers you're probably more confused than you were before you posted. 

+1 for hating HOAs. We had one that charged in our townhouse before we bought this house and paid $150 a month for trash service and them planting flowers. Granted it was gated so I guess that was part of it for maintenance on that but we didn't have a pool or anything to make it seem worth it. We also had Nazis for HOA people and we'd get notices that our parking spots would be taken away if we didn't rake and bag the leaves that fell 5 mins before they came. It was really a nightmare. 

+1 for thinking birth stories are just for bragging. It makes it a competition. I tell if people specifically ask but I'm the first to encourage moms to go med free if that's their plan and not to scare them into thinking they can't do it like every single person did to me. 
  • Options
    I actually like birth stories but I hadn't really thought of it in terms of trying to brag or scare FTMs.  I completely get that though, just hadn't occurred to me.  I appreciate reading the UO posts specifically for that reason, to get a new perspective.

+1 for hating HOAs.  Thankfully I don't live in a community with an HOA.

I haven't thought of my UO today, still working on that.... but wanted to chime in on the other comments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited June 2017
    +1 birth stories, most people are boring and love telling their own stories. Not interested. 

UO: I think Amal and George make an O-KAY couple, not a great looking couple at all. She looks a little over excited and he looks a little aged and drained ever since. 
  • Options
    I guess my UO is that I like my HOA. Our fees go to things like yard work, landscaping, and snow shoveling for all of our properties, not just common areas. I'm happy to pay someone to take care of that stuff for me. Our community list serv is helpful rather than obnoxious, the HOA is organizing a block party this month, and all of my interactions with the HOA board members have been good. 

I will say that when we were looking to buy we originally wanted to avoid a home that was part of an HOA, but when we read the terms of this particular HOA, we decided we could live with it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My second UO is that I'm questioning some of this summer's fashions. Like, I don't get the appeal behind the body suits, which look like adult onesies.  And the crop tops really shouldn't come back. I feel like going to the bathroom in the body suits would be a pain, and I'd be pulling down my crop top all the time (not that anyone wants to see this belly in a crop top, haha). 
  • Options
    AdaByron said:
    I don't like birth stories. I don't want to hear yours, and I don't want to tell mine. 
    No judgement for people posting them here, because I know other people like it, and they're easy to avoid. But it makes me uncomfortable when I'm like having lunch with coworkers and they think just because I'm pregnant I want to hear all about their children's births. 
    I actually AM into birth stories (I've been reading Labor Day, literally an entire book of birth stories by women writers), but I completely agree with the last bit. I do NOT care to hear these stories out of the blue, just because I'm in the room. I don't care that your friend who I've never met just gave birth, and I don't want the details. (This lady broke out pictures of this random newborn on her phone and showed me. I wanted to be like, "I have no idea who your friend is and therefore who that baby is, and I'm not even really friends with you!!!")

@crzyforbabies I had the HSG procedure too, and I got pregnant the next cycle. It gave me a stomachache overnight and that was about it. The actual procedure was nothing. I'm always amazed that there are people who actually generalize from their own experience, a sample of 1. 
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @lph4248 I think I may have had some cramping afterwards, but I felt nothing during the actual procedure. It was just a preliminary procedure prior to starting fertility treatments. That acquaintance is just a drama queen. When she was like 5 seconds pregnant she was already complaining about debilitating morning sickness. If my memory serves me correctly, it takes a little while for the HCG to rise high enough for MS.
  • Options
    Participation in some of the threads has seemed to dwindle recently. Has everyone moved to the PG??
  • Options
    mrsla0512 said:
    I hate maternity shirts with bows on the belly. My belly is already sticking out far enough but hey let's throw a bow on there to draw more attention. 
    YOU are against bows????
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @operasingermommy, you reminded me of an UO: I am so okay with spoilers for pretty much everything - It's all about the journey for me. 

• Options
    @operasingermommy, you reminded me of an UO: I am so okay with spoilers for pretty much everything - It's all about the journey for me. 

To add to this, when it comes to series that have been around for a while but I'm just starting, I tend to look up spoilers or episode synopses just to make sure everything ends up ok (or to prepare myself if it won't).
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I'm really really dreading the pp baby weight discussions!! Like, *tw* level dreading! Even after thinking the "how much weight I've gained so far" debate was soooo silly!

Hopefully they can have their own thread that I can avoid 100%
    can we make this a no ifs ands or buts kind of thing?? Dreadful. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish It would be nice if the topic could stay focussed on healthy fitness goals and and healthy eating rather than numbers or crazy diets. I want nothing to do with numbers, but I personally can't wait to get back into the gym and start weight lifting and zumba again. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish It would be nice if the topic could stay focussed on healthy fitness goals and and healthy eating rather than numbers or crazy diets. I want nothing to do with numbers, but I personally can't wait to get back into the gym and start weight lifting and zumba again. 
    100% yes. Actually okay maybe 95% - I cannot Zumba and I don't lift weights but I cannot wait to start running again and yoga. I know I can do yoga now, but... busy. 
  • Options
    @glitterfish yassss! Yesterday my husband and I were on the couch and he dropped something by his feet and bent down to pick it up so quickly and easily. I had never been more jealous of him than I was right then! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @AdaByron YESSSSSSS. I HATE birth stories! And I totally agree it's like oh, you're pregnant? Let me tell you about my traumatic birth! Ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Participation in some of the threads has seemed to dwindle recently. Has everyone moved to the PG??
    I feel like its more because warmer weather is coming/arrived so people are busier, we are 4-8 weeks away from baby which means busy doing prep, showers, nursery, preparing at work for maternity leave, and the fact that most people dont have questions or concerns left since we are in that somewhat peaceful gap between possibly concerning pregnancy symptoms and the 238746128 "am I in labour and is this my mucous plug" posts.  
    My son is also a summer baby (August) and the same thing happened in that BMB.  Slowed down the month or so before August and then picked up when everyone had newborn questions...and we didnt have a PG or FB group until after most babies were born so that wasn't the cause.  
  • Options
    Has anyone checked out April 2017?? Talk about DEAD!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    100% yes. Actually okay maybe 95% - I cannot Zumba and I don't lift weights but I cannot wait to start running again and yoga. I know I can do yoga now, but... busy. 
    Agreed! Some days I find myself mentally planning my a running route only to remember that there is no way I can run right now. I made it pretty far into my pregnancy with regular cardio but at this point I can barely complete the walking that is necessary to function as a human without feeling like my body is falling apart. One plus of having a summer baby is that I miss the really hot season when running outside isn't really feasible unless you go  before sunrise or after dark, both of which are a big no for me for safety reasons. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things after LO arrives.
  • Options
    @oheliza44 - I'm the opposite, I love running in the summer because its the only time of year I'm able to run outside.  I usually run around 7 or 8 and the rest of the year is just too dark. I'm bummed that by the time I'm cleared to run and feel up to it, it will be dark all the time again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oheliza44 said:
    Agreed! Some days I find myself mentally planning my a running route only to remember that there is no way I can run right now. I made it pretty far into my pregnancy with regular cardio but at this point I can barely complete the walking that is necessary to function as a human without feeling like my body is falling apart. One plus of having a summer baby is that I miss the really hot season when running outside isn't really feasible unless you go  before sunrise or after dark, both of which are a big no for me for safety reasons. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things after LO arrives.
    A. Men!! I had to stop working out all together thanks to my BH. I can't even do the elliptical without having contractions start. I can't wait to get my body back and start running again. 
  • Options
    abmommy15 said:
    I feel like its more because warmer weather is coming/arrived so people are busier, we are 4-8 weeks away from baby which means busy doing prep, showers, nursery, preparing at work for maternity leave, and the fact that most people dont have questions or concerns left since we are in that somewhat peaceful gap between possibly concerning pregnancy symptoms and the 238746128 "am I in labour and is this my mucous plug" posts.  
    My son is also a summer baby (August) and the same thing happened in that BMB.  Slowed down the month or so before August and then picked up when everyone had newborn questions...and we didnt have a PG or FB group until after most babies were born so that wasn't the cause.  
    This.  And the nutty randos are probably busy starting drama in Jan 18.
  • Options
    mrsla0512 said:
    I hate maternity shirts with bows on the belly. My belly is already sticking out far enough but hey let's throw a bow on there to draw more attention. 
    I am with you. Any top that ties, I don't want anything to do with it. I prefer the body-con style to show off my belly, for some reason the ties make it seem bigger than anything more form fitting.
  • Options
    @glitterfish @manillabar I was doing stretches the other day because my lower back was hurting. I ended up reaching for my toes and DH was shocked to see how far I could still go. He then challenged me to touch my toes.

So I did. And I was surprised.

I'm definitely looking forward to (and dreading) getting back into shape. 
  • Options
    @manillabar lol my feet are my hands these days... 
  • Options
    @cielaw89 Lol, humblebrag here, but even this far along, I'm still more flexible than a lot of the people I work out with. That's probably the only thing I've got them beat at, but it's a win for me! They were teasing me, because even though I have to stand with legs further apart than normally, I can still do a deadlift.