Infertility

Estrogen only 111...WTF

I went in for my cycle day 4 blood work today and I just received a call from my doctor saying that my Estrogen is only at 111 so they are upping my dosage of Gonal-F to 300 daily.  They are hoping that should get things moving a bit quicker so I can be more on schedule.  I was hoping my estrogen level would be higher since I have been stimming for 4 days now. 

Has anyone else had any success with levels in this area?

Me: 34 DH: 28
FSH/LH - 7.6/7.16
AMH - 0.867
IVF #1 - Scheduled for May 2017

Re: Estrogen only 111...WTF

• @ttcndc That happened to me my first IVF cycle, I think mine only reached 110 after 7 days of stims (around CD9 or 10), so they increased the gonal and the cycle was fine, just had to stim for 12 days.  My second cycle, they wanted to avoid this so my RE started me on a higher dose of gonal (225 instead of 150) and at CD4 I believe my E2 was already around 300, so much quicker response.  You are still early and have PLENTY of time for adjustments and a great cycle.  Good luck!
  • After 4 days of stims my estrogen was only in the 70s. i had been on the smallest dosage of Gonal-F and they upped it to 225. After that I had no problem with the rising numbers. They say that's why they check so early, so there's still plenty of time for adjustments and success.