January 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 5/31

2»

Re: STM+ Check-in 5/31

• Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    edited June 2017
    ETA because where did my entire post go?!

@SouthernMs Thanks for keeping it quiet, MOM! Not cool!

@missblaze I would love a Snoo! But no way are we spending that kind of money on any one piece of baby gear!! Plus, with my luck, baby would absolutely hate it haha  
    Maybe a rock n play that has the auto rocker. I would have killed for that with DD those first couple weeks!

@mamakassie2 Didn't N have a hard time pooping on the potty? Maybe you have some tips that could help @hmlynch84

@cyanope I have two Girasol ring slings and love them. I don't have experience with other brands to compare, but these are both so incredibly soft and broken in perfectly. 

@jjvanwagner25 Another thing about the bumbo is that it is VERY unforgiving if baby has chunky thighs. Also, DD almost flipped herself out of it several times, even with the buckle.

• Options
    @AnyMax good to know! I produce chunky leg babes! Maybe I'll search garage sales!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks today

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 
    Lydia is 11 mon
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Did anyone else loose like loads of hair with your first kid after birth? Mine was coming out in huge handfuls until 6 months I though for sure it was all going to fall out . It has started growing back but I have huge bald patches that have a tone of small baby hairs about an inch long all over my head but especially by m temples ... so I am a little terrified if I loose as much hair I may have to cut it all off and rock a pixie cut for a while ( it's really bad, my hair dresser is thankfully my best friend and this was her suggestion) has this happened to anyone else ? What did you do? 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 
    Lydia is starting to say more word other then mom and dad and I love it ! Currently she waves and says bye bye :)

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I asked my question above :) 

GTKY: What is your favorite kind of music? I am a country girl 90% of the time
  • Options
    @/ChloandCoco and @schaze I LOVE my ring sling !! I do t use it anymore although I could, but my sister had her first in Feb so I have it to her to use . I used it all the time when DD was little to get practically anything done :) .... I also have all my maternity clothes to the same sister so I am going to have to break the news soon enough to the rest of the family :) 
  • Options
    @ecolton01 yes to all the hair loss. I have the same thing with about 2 inch places around my temples and at the underneath so it looks all crazy in a pony tail. I have already noticed more hair loss since becoming pregnant again. No insights though I'm in the same boat with you. If you can pull off the pixie I say go for it!
  • Options
    @ecolton01 yep, hair loss here too. I have a halo around my face and it looks horrible down or up. I'm still losing quite a bit, but I have thick hair so it's not that noticeable. I'm nervous for what it'll look like around my face this time around though!
  • Options
    On mobile stuck in box!

How far along are you? 
    7w3d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 
    Madison is 5 and Alexis is 3.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?

Things have been relatively easy around here. Just trying to keep them busy so they don't annoy each other and fight. They play really well together so it allows me to rest when needed. They are sooooo excited about this baby!
    My girls are 18 mo apart so they have a built in best friend. I worry that this child will be more lonely bc of the age gap. This is DEFINITELY my last one. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 
    My girls are best friends and like doing the same things. It's such a joy to watch and they are going to love on the new baby so much!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite kind of music?
    Oldies and 80 and 90s pop. My husband told me I have the musical taste of a 50 year old lol. We absolutely do not agree on music!!

We are similar! I have two boys that are 22 months apart, they are 5 and 3. They are best buddies and I'm worried that they won't be as close with #3. I realized earlier that my older one won't be in elementary school at the same time as this one -- he'll start 6th grade when #3 starts kinder (aaaaaahhhhhh) -- and it made me sad! This is certainly our last as well. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @hmlynch84 DS had trouble with poop training too. (Thanks for the tag @AnyMax) I was so frustrated with him that I just started telling him, almost scientifically, poop is made from food your body didn't use for energy... we poop so we can eat more food and get more energy... that you can get very sick if you don't poop... when you drink your body makes pee, when you eat it makes poop, etc... We talked about it ad nauseum. After a couple days he just started pooping on the potty. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamakassie2 @hmlynch84 We've done this exact explanation for our DS, too, but fair warning: it could turn against you! Now, we'll be at dinner, and he will loudly proclaim "Dis gonna be poop next!" as he takes a bite. :D So, uh, be prepared for that possibility.

June Siggy Challenge: Fictional Dads
    Stanley Tucci in Easy A
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMs I'm SO glad that didn't happen with my DS! I would've been mortified.
    BabyFruit Ticker