Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekday Randoms 5/29

What's going on, guys?

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/29

• Options
    We live right beside a fire department, and it is carnival week.  While it is terribly unhealthy, we eat there every night.  Sadly, we are moving in a few weeks, so this is the last year we will be able to.
  • Options
    My mom and I were going to go out and get some lunch, and we went out into the hallway and smelled a ton of gas (like from a stove). Immediately went back in my apt, grabbed my dog, and went downstairs to tell the doormen. They said they'd send someone up to investigate. We went on like a 30 min walk, came back, went upstairs, and it smelled SO BAD that we couldn't even step out of the elevator. It was like the whole floor was filled with gas. We went immediately back downstairs, told the doormen, they raced back up with the porters, and opened every door until they figured out which one had left the oven on. Scary!! It had been on for hours. If someone had lit a match.... yikes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that is terrifying!! Thank goodness you noticed the smell right away!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @shortstack930 that's the thing, we think it had been going on for hours before that! Trusting one's neighbors is hard work. lol
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yikes!! That's really scary! Hopefully everyone can open windows and let the place air out. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that's scary! Glad you noticed it when you did! This is one of the reasons I could never own a townhouse. I'm way to paranoid as it is. and to be permanently attached in my living quarters (one you can't just easily leave like an apartment atleast) to neighbors you know nothing about... scares me. They could be doing anything over there. 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Hey guys! Got my new stove today since my old one was sparking. We realized the hood looked gross and old next to the new stove so we ran out and got one of those, too. :smiley:
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That is terrifying! I am glad they figured it out before anything bad happened!
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    Today was crazy at work. Since we were closed yesterday we will be making up for all of those patients that should have been seen yesterday this week. I saw 17 patients. Whew. About to catch up on the Bachelorette now!
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That's really scary! I came home from work to find that my cat had turned on one of the gas burners on my stove (just the gas, he didn't actually light the burner, so the whole house just filled with gas)....twice! So, I know exactly how that "oh shit, my house is going to catch fire" moment feels. My dog also turned a burner on (all the way, actually lighting it) while I was outside doing yard work and a pan caught fire. Now I leave the knobs off my stove unless I'm cooking...it only took THREE incidents for me to think of that...
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • Options
    @cricket648, You need to teach your animals to cook! They already know how to turn on the stove!

@doxiemoxie212, That's crazy scary! I'm so glad it turned out okay! Did your doorman check it out the first time? It seems to me it should have been fixed by the time you came home from your walk. 

@vflux33, the idea of naming your tests is hilarious! "Señor Nopo" lol 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 so, the doormen switched shifts during the 30 min walk (lol timing, of course), so I'm not sure if something got lost in translation, or if they just told the porters to go check it out, and didn't follow up - IDK. There are at least 500 units in our building, so admittedly it's a lot for them to keep track of. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 - I hope you took a selfie at Nopalito's as a keepsake! 
    @kbamomma33 - It's like that gif was made for you!

I got a whopping 4.5 hours of sleep today (not all at once) because we have my DSS this week. Originally, I was going to have my babysitter come over so I could sleep, but she's in school until this Friday. My MIL is coming up tomorrow to watch him and I'm gonna get my Lunesta on. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh goodness you guys, this school year seems to go on forever.... my principal calls it the 100 days of May, and that's no joke! On the upside, almost every day means some stressful thing is over. How about the rest of you teachers out there,  you gonna survive? Are some of you already done for the year? If so, then three cheers for you, crack open a bottle of wine and enjoy some time off! 

@doxiemoxie212 Super scary about the gas! I'm glad it was as easy as turning off someone's stove though! This is probably a good argument for not allowing smoking indoors :)

@holly 21 Yay for carnival food! We made beignets in class last week and I had to exert extreme force of will to only eat two..and a half.

@charlestonchew Yay for a new stove! I can't wait to have the money for a new stove, as ours is the worst. But... as we're off grid, we're seriously limited in our options and they get really expensive really fast. Have you used your new one yet? Did you make anything fun?

@vflux33 Yay for Nopalito! How was the food?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @pebbledam I didn't even think of doing that! Maybe next time. 

@hedgepig It was actually really good! We still like our normal place better and it's also cheaper, but we'd go back to Nopalito. GL to you and all the teachers getting through the rest of the school year!
  • Options
    @hedgepig this school year is dragging. We have 19 more instructional days- thankfully one of them is Kindergarten Moving Up. 

I have so much assessment left, and I need to "teach to the last second" according to my principal, so I have no idea when it will all get done. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    hedgepighedgepig member
    edited May 2017
    @jsnakehole 19 days left!?! WTF?! Damn girl, stay strong! Bust out that celebration wine anyways, you're gonna need it...
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @hedgepig My hubby is a teacher and he is so over it by this time of year lol. He also hates how May drags on. He has to go to June 21st to make up for snow days.
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @hedgepig How many days do you have left? Summer break started last week for us (yay!), but don't be too jealous, becasue we go back August 14th. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • Options
    Guys, update re gas leak. I ran into the super who told me THEY WERE HOME! They're super elderly and lost their sense of smell. Ugh
  • Options
    lundlund member
    Guys, update re gas leak. I ran into the super who told me THEY WERE HOME! They're super elderly and lost their sense of smell. Ugh
    That's terrifying  :o  I mean, damn. 
  • Options
    @lund right? Like imma die lol
  • Options
    @vflux33 apparently their daughter and her husband live with them (or they live with their kid? IDK), but they're home by themselves during the day. Not great, but I agree - it sucks to make old people leave their homes. 
  • Options
    @Cricket648 Happily we only have 6 days after today!
    @grnmtnmama That's a lot of snow days - you guys must have had a hard winter! Good luck to your husband surviving the next few weeks :wink:
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I'm petrified of gas. When we were looking for our house, it was an automatic no if it used gas 

@vflux33 the local Mexican place in my hometown is called La Nopalera!

@hedgepig I'm almost done!  Last day with kids was today & we have a day and a half of post planning. Usually by now all of my paperwork had been done and my classroom is all cleaned and packed up.  I've barely touched my classroom. Majorly stressing out!!

@Cricket648 how did you get out before us and go back the same time as us??
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @hedgpig the first evening I just boiled some rice :p . But we did use the oven today for dinner and it cooked it evenly and none of the stove got searing hot with the oven on (that was some of the issues we had with our old stove/oven)
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you who are done with school. I have until the 28th. Two of the days are clerical days, so no students, and we have the last Monday of the school year off for Eid. And with any luck, all of my students will get picked up after Kindergarten graduation so it'll be a de facto half day. My class is so totally over being in school at this point. It's a constant battle to keep them focused. But god forbid we do anything fun before the last day.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @vflux33
    What. The actual. Fuck. That is disgusting. I'm not sure if my H plays that game or not, but I'm going to ask him if he's heard shit like that. What is wrong with people?!??!
  • Options
    @vflux33 that is terrible!!! I don't know anyone who plays that game but you would think if they could censor out other things they would be able to censor that as well. I'm so sorry that they haven't done anything about it yet, that is just unacceptable!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @vflux33 gamers are notoriously terrible, tbh. DH doesn't play that particular game, but he plays a lot of others, and while he runs into sexism/rape culture a lot more often, anti-semitism doesn't surprise me. He's always wanted me to play videogames more, but honestly it's one of the reasons I have zero interest. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 So disturbing and disheartening. My H only really plas old video games and I know the racist/sexist/homophobic hate speech is a big part of why he won't play those games.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    pebbledampebbledam member
    edited June 2017
    @vflux33 - That is 100% unacceptable. I wonder if he could make some phone calls. I feel like it's harder to ignore someone's complaint on the phone versus over email. I also wonder if he knows of any gamer blogs or organizations that could report on this sort of story. People shouldn't be afraid of leaving their homes. I'm angry for you and I hope YH can figure out a way to escalate this issue. 

ETA typo
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker