Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of May 29

byrnemebyrneme member
edited May 2017 in Pregnant after a Loss
Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What do you want/have as your nursery theme/colors?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of May 29

• byrnemebyrneme member
    How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? A squash

Appointments coming up? Standard OB appointment Friday.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm doing great. Emotionally I had a scare this AM where I hadn't felt the baby move for almost 24 hours. Went in for a NST and things 'weren't horrible' but they weren't good either. They weren't seeing the spikes in heart rate that they should. I drank some cold water and moved onto my left side and that helped. At least it got us to 'looks okay'. I'm feeling a bit of movement now but that kind of drained me this AM. The worrying just never stops!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Hmmm - I guess 37 weeks and full term?

Rants/Raves/Questions: I've been lucky to stay relatively small and people's comments I kind of thought were endearing at first. Now I feel like I'm being judged. I guess I just have a long torso or maybe it's the lack of wine + lack of hangovers and being able to work out everyday. Who knows? Regardless, people's comments when I tell them how far along I am have gone from 'you look great' to more of 'are you sure the baby is still growing?' in nature and I'm not cool with it.

GTKY: What do you want/have as your nursery theme/colors? Since we aren't finding out the gender, gray/white with aqua/teal accents and elephants is what we went with. 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks or so

How big is baby? Poppyseed 

Appointments coming up? First OB June 20th. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically not much has changed. Emotionally I worry about miscarrying again.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Hearing the heart beat for the first time will be great, but I am most excited to feel the baby move. I remember with my first child the first time I felt him move it felt like butterflies. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'll be sticking to this board. Although there is less activity, the moms here are more supportive. Not so much a rant as more of a thank you to all you amazing moms! 

GTKY: What do you want/have as your nursery theme/colors?  Too soon to decide. I'll wait tell we know the gender. 
  • Loading the player...
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    I feel like I haven't checked in here for a few weeks, I apologize!!  I feel like sometimes the further along I get the less I want to identify with PGAL because it scares me, but that PGAL brain will always be there. 

@byrneme  I totally hear you on the carrying small thing.  I feel like I'm just now starting to 'look' pregnant.  I'm not a skinny person to begin with and I've always carried my weight in the middle.  Add to that being tall with a long torso and I just don't have a large outward bump (even though my fundal height is right on track). It does feel judgey to hear 'you look so small for 32 weeks' when they probably really think it sounds nice, but to me I just hear "you must not be taking good care of yourself/the baby"

How far along are you? 
    32 weeks 2 days

How big is baby? No idea but he/she feels gigantic!

Appointments coming up? I had a checkup yesterday. Now I'm at every 2 weeks.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally I'm doing pretty well.  Physically I'm feeling very tired and this week I've had the joy of adding of hemorrhoids to my symptom list, ugh. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term.  It feels weird to even type that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: My rant is the return of first trimester nausea and fatigue along with a helping of hemorrhoids.  My rave is that my shower is this weekend and despite being a person that hates being the center of attention, I'm super excited.  People have actually been buying off the registry and my BFF is coming with her 3 week old!  When it was first planned it felt so far away and now it feels like this is finally getting real!  Exciting and terrifying!

GTKY: What do you want/have as your nursery theme/colors? We don't know the gender so we painted the room a light grey and are doing teal and yellow accents (great minds think alike @byrneme)
  • HGRichHGRich member
    @byrneme my goodness I was getting the same comments. One lady came right out and said "so your baby is small, huh?" My docs don't do third tri ultrasounds for growth so I had no way of knowing. Yes she was born at only 6.5 pounds, but had she not come 8 days early she might have been a totally average 7 pounds. Why on earth do people make comments? Maybe it's better than "oh my gosh you're huge!" But I'm not sure. Also, sorry about your scare! Hope baby gives you lots of movement to ease your mind. Hang in there all you ladies! 
  • byrnemebyrneme member
    @CPR79 you describe it perfectly. That's exactly how I take it - that I must not be taking care of myself. I had a conversation with my cousin last night, she's due end of June. and she's getting the other end which does sound harsher. Someone actually said to her 'Man, you've really ballooned these last two weeks'. I'm surprised she didn't deck them lol. Also, if you find a miracle cure for hemorrhoids please share away. I feel like (sorry, TMI) I get one calmed down and then another one pops up out of nowhere! And I've been lucky to be super regular, I was shocked to get them. I'm sorry your nausea is back :( 

Have SO much fun at your shower :)

Thanks for the kind thoughts @HGRich, Baby B is up and moving again today thank goodness.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi ladies!  Those nursery themed colors sound great!

How far along are you? 
    9 weeks 3 days

How big is baby? a cherry

Appointments coming up? June 9--with my family practitioner for a physical.  On June 23 I have my nuchal translucency test--I'm really anxious, scared, and eager for this appointment because I'll get to see baby again!  Waiting for a doctor's appointment to check on the progress of this pregnancy has been torture!  It feels so far away.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, I feel pretty "blah."  My mood changes throughout the day and I'm a little exhausted with all my worrying.  With this big gap in doctor's appointments, I'm just anxious to know if my baby is still okay and that the pregnancy is going well.  Things were great at my 7 week-viability of pregnancy appointment but that feels like ages ago.  I've been going back and forth on whether I should purchase a fetal doppler to keep me preoccupied in the meantime but I'm nervous I'll freak out more if I can't hear baby's heartbeat or work it correctly.  Physically--Morning sickness is winning the fight.  I have no cravings, just food aversions and I can barely stand to eat.  I've been surviving off watermelons and bland foods to get me by.  I was prescribed some anti-nausea meds and they do seem to help some.  At the end of the day, I'd rather be pregnant with morning sickness than not pregnant at all so I'm sticking through it. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to completing my first trimester!  I found out I had an MMC at 12 weeks so if I can get past that mark, I'll be so happy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rants...none at the moment really.  I'm just chugging through my morning sickness, nausea, and fatigue.  It feels like an uphill battle but each day brings me one step closer to completing that first trimester!  Raves...my husband.  He's been a trooper through all of my mood swings and morning sickness.  He thoughtfully prepares me breakfast in the morning so that I have something to eat right away and that helps with the nausea.  He's also stepped it up in taking care of some of the house chores that I can't do.  Questions --I'm curious to hear what other people do in between appointments to keep their spirits up.  Waiting for the next doctor's appointment to hear if it's okay or not gets me really anxious.  I start googling likelihood of a successful pregnancy and whatnot, and while some stories give me hope, some just make me even more worried. My doctor is optimistic and said at my 7 week appointment that baby is measuring to size and we saw a heartbeat.  Online it says that it's likely the pregnancy will go well and other stories mention seeing a baby and heartbeat and it does not go so well --PGAL brain is making me crazy! Lol... at least teaching this summer will keep me very busy.

GTKY: What do you want/have as your nursery theme/colors? I haven't really thought of it.  To be honest, I'm so scared of planning things out only to have my heart broken.  Maybe when I get further along, I'll be more eager to plan.  The only thing my husband and I got for baby was a Petunia Pickle Bottom Disney backpack.  It's been sold out their website and the Disney Store online but I found it!  I just had to purchase it.  I hope we'll get to use it! 

**~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • @laurenjt808 - good to hear things are progressing well! I do want to caution you on the doppler. I went through the exact same thought process - exact. However, at 16 weeks, I broke down and bought one b/c, at that point, it's easier to find the heartbeat. I would recommend waiting or you will freak yourself out. I'd even be happy to sell you mine cheap in 7 weeks when you get to 16 - but don't torture yourself before then. I know how hard it is to trust after a loss but you have to do it :) It definitely got me through some times before I could feel the baby move and I loved that peace of mind but I'm very glad I waited until when I did to get it. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Heyy, haven't checked in for ages and have been meaning to! 

How far along? Rolling up on 30 weeks, time flying.

How big is baby? No idea actually, cabbage maybe? 

Next appt: my last growth U/S until baby is born is monday, unless I start measuring small - which happens like clockwork at 33 weeks and then I'll have to get weekly U/S only to find my baby is average size for it's age & not small.

Feeling? I already feel like I can't breathe when I eat a full meal, I don't remember this happening until much later previously so we will see how the next 2 months roll out. 

Milestones? Having a good 30 week tomorrow, then 34-37 weeks. I almost feel like saying having baby in my arms, that's my next relief. 

Rants? Everyone is starting to notice now that I'm pregnant because as said above I carry small. Better late than never tho. I also can't deal with kids bday parties where I'm standing for literally 1.5-2 hours straight. Like you have be fing kidding me, and my husband makes me go for both kids. I love running and still run...but standing still at 8 months prego for 2 hours blows, it just blows. I'm really over it. That and riding a bike with a kid on the back. Over it, hate hills. 

Nursey colors? None, baby is in our room until she shares a pink and brown room with white trim in her big sisters room. Hopefully big sis is still ecstatic to share when that time comes!